LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 271 users in the forums

How loud was it at the niners game on monday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I still have chills!

My favorite part is when Vernon Davis caught the extra two-pointer and the crowd fell flat when the refs called him out. Then you could tell we were all waiting for the Jumbo-Tron.

Then, all of a sudden, the Jumbo-Tron shows Davis catching the ball in the endzone causing everyone to erupt in elation. I don't ever recall it being THAT loud since being a ticket holder from 2005. That was amazing!

My voice is still trying to recover. Can't wait for Philly and the Faiders!

Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by FatGroper:
Originally posted by plummerfan:
ive been to a couple games during the last two seasons and ive noticed many fans leave during the 3rd quarter or even the 4th. I always have wondered why these people leave? Even if we have the lead or not they Leave??????
whats up with this?

It's because they want to beat traffic. It litterally takes 1.5 hours just to get out of the parking lot and on to a freeway. Hopefully when the new stadium gets built it will be much easier to get in and out of the stadium.

Thanks. Its just ive always gone on party buses and they must have a special exit or something because we leave and are on the road home quick. Ill be driving this season to the sunday night game thanks for the heads up. Ill still stay for the whole game though. GO NINERS

Yeah I think they have a special route and if you go to the game go a little early because it takes a long time just to get into the stick if you arriviing just at kick off. I would suggest staying for the whole game and then after when everyone is stuck in traffic bust out your tail gating and start up the grill and just chill for like an hour with your friends till the traffic dies down

Exactly! We hang out for close to 1.5 to 2 hours afterward until the rent-a-cops show up and start kicking us out. We are usually some of the last fans to go.

Unless they've changed things up, those aren't rent-a-cops, they're SFPD on dirt bikes and sh*t.
  • ihab
  • Veteran
It was awesome, I was sitting next to this old man, the type who kept saying 'Down in Front', but by the 3rd quarter we were all screaming, and he turned to me and said that this was the loudest he has heard the stick in 20 years. I still dont have a voice.

Plus, I swear it seamed like that the tipped field goal was sputtering in the air for like 5 minutes.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
ive been to a couple games during the last two seasons and ive noticed many fans leave during the 3rd quarter or even the 4th. I always have wondered why these people leave? Even if we have the lead or not they Leave??????
whats up with this?

It's because they want to beat traffic. It litterally takes 1.5 hours just to get out of the parking lot and on to a freeway. Hopefully when the new stadium gets built it will be much easier to get in and out of the stadium.

Thanks. Its just ive always gone on party buses and they must have a special exit or something because we leave and are on the road home quick. Ill be driving this season to the sunday night game thanks for the heads up. Ill still stay for the whole game though. GO NINERS

Yeah I think they have a special route and if you go to the game go a little early because it takes a long time just to get into the stick if you arriviing just at kick off. I would suggest staying for the whole game and then after when everyone is stuck in traffic bust out your tail gating and start up the grill and just chill for like an hour with your friends till the traffic dies down

Exactly! We hang out for close to 1.5 to 2 hours afterward until the rent-a-cops show up and start kicking us out. We are usually some of the last fans to go.

Unless they've changed things up, those aren't rent-a-cops, they're SFPD on dirt bikes and sh*t.

You may be right... Its the guys in golf carts that are stadium security. There are SFPD, but they usually dont say anything.

Funny story about a dirt bike though... We were tailgating with a huge crowd and had a parking lot lane blocked. The dirt bike cop comes up and says to open a lane for cars etc. so my drunk ass starts BSing with him. I run to our setup and take down one of the legs on a folding table. I run it to the middle of the lane and start yelling "ramp it! Ramp it" and before you know it we get a crowd chanting. The dude revs his bike like crazy and guns for the table and ends up ditching it at the last moment.... Cool cop.
I felt like Arizona's MNF last year was louder. It got really loud near the end, expecially when the Saints were marching down the field. Overall, the energy was really good though!
I was sitting at the lower boxes and it was LOUD as hell!!! Energy was wayyy up there the crowd was totally amped especially towards the end! Was pretty f**kin' spectacular!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
it is now thursday and my voice is still all f**ked up from the game.
It was the loudest it's been in a while! The fans stepped Monday night................it was great! My voice is still messed up! Let's keep it up for Sunday Night Football!
It was loud and I was on top UR it was crazy wish it was like that all the time, next day couldnt even talk lost my voice yelling to much well worh it
My voice is still screwed up today from it. I wasn't at the game vs. AZ last year on Monday Night but that one seemed much louder on tv than this one did in person.

Fans at the stick are waayyyy too fickle. You gotta cheer even louder when the team isn't looking too hot. I saw people leaving before our final TD drive. It was pathetic. Hopefully there's better, YOUNGER energy at the new stadium.

It was really loud towards the end which I loved, but you gotta support the team throughout the whole game!

• Furlow
  • Veteran
I don't go to a lot of games because I live in San Diego now, but I flew up for this one. I've been lucky enough to be at a couple of huge Niner games - '94 regular season against Dallas when we finally got over that hump. '98 Wild Card game against the Packers for "The Catch 2." I honestly think it was louder on Monday night!

The buzz around the stadium with 2 minutes left down by 8 was clear. As Smith led the Niners down the field, you could feel the doubters start to get hope. After his 2nd scramble for a first down got them within the 10 yard line, I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single person that didn't believe we would score. Gore's TD obviously got the crowd going, but the timeout/review of VD's 2 point conversion is what made the moment special.

It didn't look like VD got in, so it was VERY quiet at first. Then the booth put up the picture where it clearly showed he was in and the crowd just went bonkers. I agree with some of the other posts, the stadium was absolutely shaking.

The bottom line for me was for the first time in a long time, it felt like the Niner Faithful were just that - FAITHFUL. No armchair quarterbacks, no 2nd guessing the coaches, just blind devotion to our team. Maybe I'm making too much out of it, but it really felt like the whole team/organization/coaching staff/etc all turned a corner that night and really grew up.
where I was the entire crowd was standing all of the 4th quarter. It was loud!
Share 49ersWebzone