There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Chilo Rachal a bust?

Is Chilo Rachal a bust?

We passed on DeSean Jackson for Balmer and Rachal, which made them instant busts. I'll never get over it.
He's not Desean Jackson.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
We passed on DeSean Jackson for Balmer and Rachal, which made them instant busts. I'll never get over it.

so did 31 other teams. Get over it.
we knew he was very raw coming from college he is a work in progress i guess

a disspointment yes
bust no

he can be very god he is just very inconsistant

luckily solaru brown and singeltary will help him
Originally posted by susweel:
He's not Desean Jackson.

DJax was like 165 lbs. Nobody thought he would hold up or be that good. Every team passed on him in the 1st round. There is a reason he slid. He just turned out better than people thought.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's not Desean Jackson.

DJax was like 165 lbs. Nobody thought he would hold up or be that good. Every team passed on him in the 1st round. There is a reason he slid. He just turned out better than people thought.

Jerry Rice did and so did half the people on our board. s**t dude, just look at the guys we brought in after Scot left. Ginn, Kyle Williams, 2 thin WRs that are supposed to stretch the field. McCloughan wouldn't have gone after those guys, he didn't believe in having them on your team.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Rachal was a young junior his rookie year in a system that gave the OL almost no help at all. The last half of last year he played very well. This off-season the 49ers brought in Ray Brown to tutor him and he reportedly had a very good camp, then got hurt in the first five minutes of the Seattle game...and people are ready to call him a bust, or even a "major disappointment" on that basis?

I don't get it.

Didn't anybody see him play in the final 6 or 7 games last year?

He is going to be fine.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He's not Desean Jackson.

Jerry Rice did and so did half the people on our board. s**t dude, just look at the guys we brought in after Scot left. Ginn, Kyle Williams, 2 thin WRs that are supposed to stretch the field. McCloughan wouldn't have gone after those guys, he didn't believe in having them on your team.

Every team passed on him once and many did twice. We weren't the only ones. And it remains to be seen how his slight build will hold up over time. He will take some shots over the years. Will 165 lbs. keep him healthy for a 10 year career? 12 years? More? Less?
He's overrated on this board. More of a backup IMO. He has no business being a starter.

Bingo. I see him doing more bad than good week in and week out.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
He's overrated on this board. More of a backup IMO. He has no business being a starter.

Bingo. I see him doing more bad than good week in and week out.

against teh run he is above average against the pass he is below average i would not be apposed to baas starting there or get a new RG in the draft
Pencil me into the "too soon to tell" column. I'll occasionally forget that he's out there and find myself suddenly sitting up and saying, "Whoa! Where did that pull come from and what did that poor linebacker do to deserve that?!"

There's still a lot of potential there.
I say bust. It's his what............3rd year? We all saw how well the O-line played on Monday. Where was Chilo? On the bench, where is ass belongs.

Snyder should be the starter IMO.
He played fairly well, minus his false start on Monday. The right side of the line was solid in the running game, Gore had alot of room running to that side. Also, Snyder is a little more mobile. He was able to get to the second level several times and he did a great job on Gore's screen play. Unlike Chilo, Snyder is able to identify blitzing/stunting defenders and make the proper blocks.

Chilo doesn't play and Smith doesn't get sacked.........any coincidence?

I like that Sing is thinking of keeping Baas as the center. Now he needs to look at keeping Snyder in the starting line-up.
He's not Desean Jackson.

Every team passed on him once and many did twice. We weren't the only ones. And it remains to be seen how his slight build will hold up over time. He will take some shots over the years. Will 165 lbs. keep him healthy for a 10 year career? 12 years? More? Less?

I dont think Chilo is a bust at all, he is very young and it was well documented that he came out of USC way to early. One of the reasons alot of people passed on him was because there wasnt alot of knowledge about him in the first place. Pete Carroll has said on record that he purposely protected him and put him at guard. The plan was to move him to one of the tackle spots as he got older. He was afraid that everyone would start talking him up as a top 10 pick if he started there. As it turned out his mother had gotten real sick and he had to leave USC early.

I think now that he has Solari and Brown he is going to really blossom in the next 2 seasons, but yes to this point he is no Desean Jax
He's not Desean Jackson.

But but I bought my custom jersey as he was falling right in our laps on draft day
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home