There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Just Got Home from the Game

Ok, I was in the lower reserve section 34. It was a heart-breaking loss, don't think I need to tell you guys that. But for the people who were there who watched Alex Smith drive down the field to score the game tying TD and Crabtree's 2 point conversion...there was a moment where they were reviewing the play, nobody thought that it was good. And then when the call was reversed, it was the most amazing moment I've ever witnessed. Everyone went nuts for a good minute! And then the defense couldn't hold down the fort in the closing minute.

I watched the game very closely. Here are my observations...

Delanie's fumble in the red zone really hurt.

But clearly, what lost this game was the fumbled punt in the 4th quarter by...was it Phillip Adams? Every time the Saints punted the ball, I thought the punt returner was going to fumble the ball. On that particular punt, it was high and angled toward the sideline. That punt fumble was the reason why we lost, in my opinion.

Positives:
Alex Smith made things happen with his legs.
Crabtree finally got into the game with a few clutch catches
Josh Morgan had a very solid game, he won a lot of points with me today.
Frank finally punched in on a couple goal line TD's.
The defense held the Saints in check the entire game apart from the final drive.
The goal line stance with the Saints facing a 1st from the 4 yard line was incredible. Without that stand, the offense had no shot at tying the game. They held the Saints to 3 points from the 4 yard line when the game was on the line, think about it.

Negatives:
That INT after the pass interference call was a killer.
There was one missed connection with Alex and VD. It looked like Alex expected VD to go inside on a post, and VD went outside, so the ball fell incomplete. The same thing happened in the pre-season.
It's clear that the Niners can't get it done with just VD and Gore, they need Crabtree to get involved to get defenses thinking more. While I like Delanie, he fumbles the ball in clutch situations. It happened last year too.
It still bothers me that Ronnie Lott went to go speak to the Saints before they played the Niners.

This was one of the most exciting Niners games I've ever seen. Sadly, they lost. I don't think it was as painful to watch as the Minnesota game last year. But after getting beaten badly in Seattle, this game proves the Niners are for real. They can hold their heads up high because they went toe-to-toe with the defending Super Bowl champs and were an inch from pulling out a win. Nobody expected them to compete. They earned a lot of respect on national tv and will come out of this experience hungrier than ever.

I will post videos once I get my sync cable. I also filmed a video and recorded audio of Jerry Rice's retirement ceremony at halftime.
Thanks for making the stick loud. It was absolutely rocking and I was watching from home... Camera was shaking, we forced Brees to take a TO. Well done!

I didn't read your post though, sorry. But yay!

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Sep 20, 2010 at 22:48:40 ]
Originally posted by Psinex:
Ok, I was in the lower reserve section 34. It was a heart-breaking loss, don't think I need to tell you guys that. But for the people who were there who watched Alex Smith drive down the field to score the game tying TD and Crabtree's 2 point conversion...there was a moment where they were reviewing the play, nobody thought that it was good. And then when the call was reversed, it was the most amazing moment I've ever witnessed. Everyone went nuts for a good minute! And then the defense couldn't hold down the fort in the closing minute.

I watched the game very closely. Here are my observations...

Delanie's fumble in the red zone really hurt.

But clearly, what lost this game was the fumbled punt in the 4th quarter by...was it Phillip Adams? Every time the Saints punted the ball, I thought the punt returner was going to fumble the ball. On that particular punt, it was high and angled toward the sideline. That punt fumble was the reason why we lost, in my opinion.

Positives:
Alex Smith made things happen with his legs.
Crabtree finally got into the game with a few clutch catches
Josh Morgan had a very solid game, he won a lot of points with me today.
Frank finally punched in on a couple goal line TD's.
The defense held the Saints in check the entire game apart from the final drive.
The goal line stance with the Saints facing a 1st from the 4 yard line was incredible. Without that stand, the offense had no shot at tying the game. They held the Saints to 3 points from the 4 yard line when the game was on the line, think about it.

Negatives:
That INT after the pass interference call was a killer.
There was one missed connection with Alex and VD. It looked like Alex expected VD to go inside on a post, and VD went outside, so the ball fell incomplete. The same thing happened in the pre-season.
It's clear that the Niners can't get it done with just VD and Gore, they need Crabtree to get involved to get defenses thinking more. While I like Delanie, he fumbles the ball in clutch situations. It happened last year too.
It still bothers me that Ronnie Lott went to go speak to the Saints before they played the Niners.

This was one of the most exciting Niners games I've ever seen. Sadly, they lost. I don't think it was as painful to watch as the Minnesota game last year. But after getting beaten badly in Seattle, this game proves the Niners are for real. They can hold their heads up high because they went toe-to-toe with the defending Super Bowl champs and were an inch from pulling out a win. Nobody expected them to compete. They earned a lot of respect on national tv and will come out of this experience hungrier than ever.

I will post videos once I get my sync cable. I also filmed a video and recorded audio of Jerry Rice's retirement ceremony at halftime.

You didnt watch that closely. It was Vernon's 2 point conversion, not Crabtree

*Plus Crabtree only had 1 catch

[ Edited by 9ersnation on Sep 20, 2010 at 22:55:09 ]
Davis had the 2pt conv., not Crabtree.
Vernon got the 2 point conversion, I think Crabtree had just 1 catch
thats why i like listening to the game on the radio in one ear when i attend games...
Davis not crabtree with 2pt conversion.
good read
glad u enjoyed and thanks for rockin the stick. yeah the whole lott n saints talk i dont get.
I'd like to echo Chico's comments above and thank all the fans who attended the game. Their presence was certainly felt.

It was really nice to hear home crowd noise.

-9fA
i honestly figured brees was gonna march down and get them in fg position. nothing happened in that game before that made me think we got this, it was just bad luck after bad luck and stupid after stupid mistake
Originally posted by keeferr75:
thats why i like listening to the game on the radio in one ear when i attend games...

It was impossible to hear the announcer, and he sounded like he was on sedatives. So passive in his announcements. Candlestick has a miniature monitor facing the north side of the stadium, so I couldn't see replays. It's a pretty godawful park in terms of the big screen monitors. It was obviously made for baseball; the screen is where center field would be. Me and my friends all have sore voices...we shouted like crazy and tried our best to raise hell. I think we're going to come out and destroy Kansas City next week after taking it to the Saints and giving them a game nobody expected us to compete in.
I'm still depressed.
I just got home from the game too. That was truly one of the best live games I have ever attended. The crowd was into until the very end even after our team turned the ball over in several clutch situations. The 49ers outplayed the Saints on offense and defense which makes the game that much harder to swallow. I have renewed confidence in our team after taking the defending NFL champs down to the wire. We can still take this weak division and this game was a good building block. Alex looked good, Gore is a beast, and Willis is simply the man. I feel sorry for the Chiefs.

Go Niners!
Originally posted by ciaspy:
I just got home from the game too. That was truly one of the best live games I have ever attended. The crowd was into until the very end even after our team turned the ball over in several clutch situations. The 49ers outplayed the Saints on offense and defense which makes the game that much harder to swallow. I have renewed confidence in our team after taking the defending NFL champs down to the wire. We can still take this weak division and this game was a good building block. Alex looked good, Gore is a beast, and Willis is simply the man. I feel sorry for the Chiefs.

Go Niners!

Word, I knew this night would be special. Even though it was a loss, it still feels like a victory because of the kind of week we had last week...and all the adversity in the media. I'm just glad that the Niners put up a real fight and showed a lot of heart in coming back to tie the game at the very end. We are going to rip the Chiefs apart, now that we have our confidence back.