There are 400 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

0-2 first time since 2004: where the misfortune turns..

WOW. tough loss, but alot to look foward to IF we can play like this week in week out..

But.. I was amazed and had me really thinking when watching SportsCenter after the game.. The screen kept showing, 49ers 0-2 for first time since 2004, heres my hope for the future, stay with me.. lol

2004 started off with a brand new look 49ers, and VERY VERYYYY BAD roster.. 2-14 in 2004 followed by losing seasons in 05-08, 09 going 8-8..

NOW, 05-09 we've started 1-1 if not 2-0 just to end up failing to win the division or make playoffs.. This year is DIFFERENT, this year we have EXPECTATIONS, this year we have the TALENT, this year we are suppose to WIN the division and make the PLAYOFFS for the first time since 2002.

We lay an egg in SEA in a very odd game, and out play the champs New Orleans Saints but still lose with misfortunes and turnovers.. But after all that.. We have alot of football left and the 0-2 start may be a good thing and a good change?? since the last 0-2 start was the start of something bad, and THIS 0-2 start is the start of something good..

your thoughts..

[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Sep 20, 2010 at 22:23:09 ]
This game was ours for the taking, and we did not capitalize. A loss is a loss. I dont care how well people say we played; we still lost!
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
This game was ours for the taking, and we did not capitalize. A loss is a loss. I dont care how well people say we played; we still lost!

then stop posting, this is a fan site for people to discuss there favorite team, we have enough whiners. get over it.
I agree this is a different 0-2 team. There are 14 more games ladies and gentlemen and I think what they learned in this game will begin the building blocks for KC. After KC, I expect to be 1-2. Then we got Atlanta and that is the game we will know if we turn the corner. If the Niners beat Atlanta in Atlanta, then we have a very good shot on having a solid winning season. I feel this way because the offense --- even with four turnovers --- went against a good defense and kept fighting back showing we have the talent. Just got to start securing the ball.
we WILL beat the Chiefs!!!!!!
If we learn from these games... cut the mental mistakes and stop beating ourselves yes we can turn it around. Hate to bring up the NFC West division thing but we are only 1 back (although Seattle holds the tiebreaker obviously). Mentioned before how I have see this team have a game like this where we get hope and then blow it. We are at KC and at ATL and if we want to turn this around we need to win on the road. We play our game and don't beat ourselves we have a good shot of beating both teams.

Honestly, if we win the division at 8-8 does it really matter? There will be people out there that say well you don't deserve plays but if we make noise in them people will forget about it. Look at how the Jets get in on a tie breaker... everyone says they don't belong and they make it to the AFC Championship game.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If we learn from these games... cut the mental mistakes and stop beating ourselves yes we can turn it around. Hate to bring up the NFC West division thing but we are only 1 back (although Seattle holds the tiebreaker obviously). Mentioned before how I have see this team have a game like this where we get hope and then blow it. We are at KC and at ATL and if we want to turn this around we need to win on the road. We play our game and don't beat ourselves we have a good shot of beating both teams.

Honestly, if we win the division at 8-8 does it really matter? There will be people out there that say well you don't deserve plays but if we make noise in them people will forget about it. Look at how the Jets get in on a tie breaker... everyone says they don't belong and they make it to the AFC Championship game.

Im really hoping for +9 wins, but if 8 wins will win the division, ill take it.. lol

I dont see Arizona winning more than 8, dont see Seattle winning more the 6 or 7, and St.Louis is competeing but a long way away and wont win more than 3 or 4

[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Sep 20, 2010 at 22:44:00 ]