There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Good to see everyone slurping the 'Moral Victory' kool-aid.

Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
We know were a good team now.. no doubt in my mind were the best team in the division, easily.

Easily....?

We got blown out by the Seahawks.

Oh and we're 0-2.

You sure about that?
At least I don't feel like hanging myself after this game. So yes, I'm slurping this s**t real good.
Originally posted by Chief:
This loss sucks so much, turn overs, turn overs..

Hurts for sure
If we stop beating ourselves we will be a playoff team.
Yeah I'm not sure I'm hearing anyone talk about moral victory, but yeah you sure did show us.

This was not a moral victory, it was yet another tough, tough loss. We already know this is a talented team, seattle was clearly an aberration, but playing well and losing doesn't make it better.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by franchise253:
Good teams don't turn the ball over four times.

Good teams don't beat themselves.

0-2.

7 years and counting of no play-offs.

But seriously though, keep hanging on to hoping these moral victories will one day change.

That is great. So what do you want people to do then? Should we all just stop talking about this season because it is over after 2 games? We can't discuss the good things that we saw from a tough game against the defending champs? The game is over, so now you move on. You evaluate what you can do better, and you try to win next week. All signs point to the fact that the Niners can do it, so now we see if they do. I think that posts like this are cowardly, and show a lack of being able to cope with dissapointment! (Not a personal attack!)

You make a good point. Truth is, nobody knows how this is season is going to turnout...the team could go any number of directions from here...both positive and negative.

[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 20, 2010 at 21:31:09 ]

0-2.

But seriously though, keep hanging on to hoping these moral victories will one day change.

You are seriously a fool.. A young team needs these games to build there foundation. go play Madden and gain you instant "real" gratification. This is a real sport and the lessons learned in a game like this can not be read or learned thru teaching or passed on. you have to live it. this game was big..BIG.. for them to build on..
How can we be as cool as you ?

0-2.

Like hearing yourself talk, huh?
Moral victory? GTFO...were 0-2, 13% of teams have made it to the playoffs after 0-2, those are the stats I saw. Take that emotional crap out of here, that is why we are 0-2. We need to cut the RA-RA s*** and win games. You don't see the Colts getting all juiced up about their wins, they go out and handle their business and win games.

We need to focus more on the X's and O's rather than the go out and play hard and take away positives from the loss.

Steve Young said it best, we just can't get over the hump even with all the talent we have, when I would argue so far this season, the Dolphins have less talent than we do and they master their X's and O's and play smart football, hence they are 2-0.

[ Edited by DrofThuganomics on Sep 20, 2010 at 21:35:07 ]
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DieHard49erMan:

0-2.

You are seriously a fool.. A young team needs these games to build there foundation. go play Madden and gain you instant "real" gratification. This is a real sport and the lessons learned in a game like this can not be read or learned thru teaching or passed on. you have to live it. this game was big..BIG.. for them to build on..

Yeah. They can build on it, or not.

0-2.

I got your back, I was jacked up about how good we look AT TIMES, but then I soon realized that this was the same game we played against the Colts, or Vikings last season, no real improvement.
i dont count this as a moral victory

count this as a fail

im proud of the 49ers, but disappointed as well

0-2.

At the same time, bad or even decent teams don't give the best team in the league and defending champs a run for their money the way we did. I said if Singletary didn't fix the problems at hand, I'd be hopping on the Jim-Harbaugh-for-Head-Coach bandwagon. He did fix the problems. We were at the line with at least 15 seconds on the play clock on almost every play. He wasn't out-coached and we looked like a competent team. That's all I was looking for.
Originally posted by Go49erss:
a 7-9 record could win the division. No team is going to run away with the division.

And you are happy with that?