LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

The Niners vs the NFC west

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Best case scenario after week 11

Week 9 Lambs and Niners Bye; Seachickens lose to Giants and AZ loses to Min.

Week 10 Niners beat Lambs and Az beats the seachickens at home.

Week 11 Niners beat Tampa ( yea I know) Az loses to KC on road; Rams lose to Atlanta; Seachickens lose to New Orleans; and the records look like this.

Sea 4-6
Lambs 4-6
Az 4-6
Niners 4-6 This would be a best case fantasy case.

This is what I have been alluding to. Our divisional foes have some tough opponents the next three weeks. We take care of business, we could feasibly be in the running with a losing record by the end of those three weeks.

Then we would be @ AZ for Monday Night Football!

Thank goodness for this crappy division.

Now hold on there! I'm still the head coach.

You know Joe, I got enough pee in my Cheerios with out you man! Why do you have to be like that...especially to a Bro!

Singletary told the team to stay away from football this week.

Troy Smith wasn't having it. he wants to win the West
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
The only way we could have thought about playoffs would have been if Clements didn't fumble the INT and we didn't gift wrap the game to Carolina. We gotta face it that pretty much every single week we will be going against teams with better coaching and better QB's
It could happen if we had a legit coach
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
It could happen if we had a legit coach
Mannn it would be great if the 49ers make the playoffs this season! I would really start crying with joy!
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by dwy621:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
The Mission: Sweep the five remaining games agains the NFC West, and win two of three against TB, GB, SD!

that's all???

It did happen last year, so you never know.
maybe we are the new chargers, we usually end on a relatively high note. So maybe we will beat GB, SD, TB and sweep the division... who knows.

and end with a record of 10-6 highly unlikely.

It would be 9-7 actually.

No, actually it would be 10-6. We have eight games remaining. 5 of which are division and 3 are non-division.

One more time-

The Mission: Sweep the five remaining games agains the NFC West, and win two of three against TB, GB, SD!
Do you think we'll hear any of the following phrases in the coming weeks:

Troy to Randy?
Merriman and Willis combine for the sack?
Alex Smith?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Best case scenario after week 11

Week 9 Lambs and Niners Bye; Seachickens lose to Giants and AZ loses to Min.

Week 10 Niners beat Lambs and Az beats the seachickens at home.

Week 11 Niners beat Tampa ( yea I know) Az loses to KC on road; Rams lose to Atlanta; Seachickens lose to New Orleans; and the records look like this.

Sea 4-6
Lambs 4-6
Az 4-6
Niners 4-6 This would be a best case fantasy case.

This is what I have been alluding to. Our divisional foes have some tough opponents the next three weeks. We take care of business, we could feasibly be in the running with a losing record by the end of those three weeks.

Then we would be @ AZ for Monday Night Football!

Thank goodness for this crappy division.

Now hold on there! I'm still the head coach.

You know Joe, I got enough pee in my Cheerios with out you man! Why do you have to be like that...especially to a Bro!

Yeah. Sing was sent to us by G. S. Halas' ghost to ensure that the Niners suck this year. Sing is, was, and always will be a Bear first. As much love as I had for Walter Payton (man-love), I never liked the Bears (unless they were crushing the Giants or CowGirls). Nice that we mostly beat them up with our WCO (Please bring it back - that's my new "signature" on these forums)...
Do you think we'll hear any of the following phrases in the coming weeks:

Troy to Randy?
Merriman and Willis combine for the sack?
Alex Smith?

No
Hopefully but No
Hell No

I think the final dagger has been put in our coffin. Not getting rid of Singletary over the bye is going to come back to haunt us as soon as... Week 10.
I think the final dagger has been put in our coffin. Not getting rid of Singletary over the bye is going to come back to haunt us as soon as... Week 10.

no point in firing Sing now, Better to wait till the end of the season
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by valrod33:

This week
SEA plays the Giants at home ARI on the road in MIN pretty good chance they both lose while SF and SL have a bye so after this week

SEA 4-4
SL 4-4
ARI 3-5
SF 2-6

next week SEA @ ARI and SL @ SF
if ARI and the Troy 49ers win

SEA 4-5
SL 4-5
ARI 4-5
SF 3-6

Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by valrod33:

This week
SEA plays the Giants at home ARI on the road in MIN pretty good chance they both lose while SF and SL have a bye so after this week

SEA 4-4
SL 4-4
ARI 3-5
SF 2-6

next week SEA @ ARI and SL @ SF
if ARI and the Troy 49ers win

SEA 4-5
SL 4-5
ARI 4-5
SF 3-6

Oh yeah!!!!!!!! It's gonna happen! Seattle is going down hard to the Giants. If we lose to the god damn Rams then we deserve to suck this season.
It is really hard to be optimistic about this team. I am really hoping Troy brings that positive winning attitude to this team, but the way the defense gives up major yards is truly discouraging.
Share 49ersWebzone