There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Revised season predictions knowing what you know now.

I'll admit it I was really fooled. I originally predicted 11 - 5. We won't come near that mark. We find out now we have an OC who can't enunciate and shuffles through papers to find the right play and can't get it in before the clock runs out. Also I thought Alex would be better with 2 years in the same system. Wrong again. He's maybe worse. Crabtree has gone backwards. He doesn't even know the routes. The O Line has 2 rookies and they will get somebody killed eventually. It hasn't happened yet but it will.

Our D who everybody says is our strong suit has corner after corner jumping routes all day instead of playing it in a more reasonable way. And it's more than just Nate Clements who gets all the bashing here. All our corners suck and the safetys too. They are "run defense" only guys. They aren't pass defense guys. And where is the pass rush?

We are down to our 3rd string PR man on special teams. It seems like a theme for us every year. I can't wait until they start dropping it at the 5 yard line giving the other teams first and goal from the 5 like last year...

We have a HC who yells at the media when they ask tough questions and has no coaching answers. Just motivational speeches. And we have among the weakest ownership I've ever seen in any sport. They hire and stick with idiots for years and years at a time. You just don't recover from something like that very quickly.

So knowing what I know now. I'd say 1 - 15.

15 - 1

realistically

9 - 7

[ Edited by 49ersNoKaOi on Sep 18, 2010 at 00:43:10 ]
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
16 - 1

realistically

9 - 7

I don't think we are as good as 9 - 7. If you look at the schedule we could start 0 - 4 easily.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
16 - 1

realistically

9 - 7

I don't think we are as good as 9 - 7. If you look at the schedule we could start 0 - 4 easily.

Are expectations at first were too high, now I think there too low. 9-7 sounds about right to me, I could be wrong.
16 - 1

realistically

9 - 7

Are expectations at first were too high, now I think there too low. 9-7 sounds about right to me, I could be wrong.

The team I saw out there in Seattle has ZERO chance of being 9 - 7. They are a completely confused mess. They look overmatched and out coached because they are.
I think you are over-reacting to ONE game. It counts as a loss like many others this season. I do think there are way more chinks in the armor (I also predicted 11-5) but I think we will will still be around 9 or 10 wins. I think there were a lot of things working against us in Seattle. After all, we aren't a 12-4 team that can go into a hostile territory and stay in the game until the end, where they seize their opportunity. We rank below that category. But I wouldn't be surprised if we won on Monday.

Singletary/Raye worry me more than Alex or the O-line. I feel like we are being toyed with. Did we clone Bill Walsh?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I think you are over-reacting to ONE game. It counts as a loss like many others this season. I do think there are way more chinks in the armor (I also predicted 11-5) but I think we will will still be around 9 or 10 wins. I think there were a lot of things working against us in Seattle. After all, we aren't a 12-4 team that can go into a hostile territory and stay in the game until the end, where they seize their opportunity. We rank below that category. But I wouldn't be surprised if we won on Monday.

Singletary/Raye worry me more than Alex or the O-line. I feel like we are being toyed with. Did we clone Bill Walsh?

The problem is I think we are going to go 0 - 2 almost certainly. You remember what the Falcons did to us the last time we played and this time it's at their house. The Chiefs have a lot of good young players and are up and coming. So 0 - 4 is really possible. And KC is really loud and a tough place to play.

If we are 0 - 4 we will implode and there will be infighting. There already is after one loss. This is going to get ugly.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 18, 2010 at 00:54:54 ]
So who's the one win then?
Originally posted by 1swift:

We should be able to beat the Rams once.
10-6

0-4 before eagles/4-0 going into the bye

winning 6 of 8 after the bye

10-6 at worst.
History shows: 4-0 Preseason curse + 0-2 curse = no playoffs and horrible record.

49ers have to play like they're all gonna die Tuesday or the entire season will be f**ked by the curse!
I'll admit it I was really fooled. I originally predicted 11 - 5. We won't come near that mark. We find out now we have an OC who can't enunciate and shuffles through papers to find the right play and can't get it in before the clock runs out. Also I thought Alex would be better with 2 years in the same system. Wrong again. He's maybe worse. Crabtree has gone backwards. He doesn't even know the routes. The O Line has 2 rookies and they will get somebody killed eventually. It hasn't happened yet but it will.

Our D who everybody says is our strong suit has corner after corner jumping routes all day instead of playing it in a more reasonable way. And it's more than just Nate Clements who gets all the bashing here. All our corners suck and the safetys too. They are "run defense" only guys. They aren't pass defense guys. And where is the pass rush?

We are down to our 3rd string PR man on special teams. It seems like a theme for us every year. I can't wait until they start dropping it at the 5 yard line giving the other teams first and goal from the 5 like last year...

We have a HC who yells at the media when they ask tough questions and has no coaching answers. Just motivational speeches. And we have among the weakest ownership I've ever seen in any sport. They hire and stick with idiots for years and years at a time. You just don't recover from something like that very quickly.

So knowing what I know now. I'd say 1 - 15.

You are, by far, the strangest and most mysterious poster on this board. You're an extremely smart dude, but I will never figure out your absolute doom-and-gloom predictions.

You want a prediction on a failed season? 6-10. 5-11. This team is not going 1-15 SD. I just don't get you man.

(I'm still riding with 9-7)
Originally posted by 1swift:

We should be able to beat the Rams twice.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
History shows: 4-0 Preseason curse + 0-2 curse = no playoffs and horrible record.

49ers have to play like they're all gonna die Tuesday or the entire season will be f**ked by the curse!

7-9