There are 308 users in the forums

Morgan "the OLine has to give Alex time to throw"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/09/niners-tried-to-go-deep-line-wouldnt-let-them.html

Quote:
"It wasn't really based on the play-calling because we had some down-the-field plays where we could have had some big shots and some big gains," wide receiver Josh Morgan said. "But Alex got the pressure and he had to roll out and it turned into a scramble drill. Things like that just happen during games. Of course, as receivers, we want the deep ball and 80-yard bombs. But we've got to get the protection right and give Alex time to throw. We just had some miscues. We've got to execute better."

Duh
I like Morgan, haters gonna hate but he dose his job and he dose it well.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

Dose? Really?
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Dose? Really?

Spelling fail!!!!!!!!!!!! just kidding lol

No but seriously though, I think it's interesting that now a player has come out and criticized the OLine. Nobody came out publicly and criticized the D that bit on pump fakes and allowed 3/4 redzone opportunities. Nobody came out and openly criticized the QB, or even Crabtree who cost us the 1 INT that hit his hands. Raye was criticized. But the OLine? ehhh

They didn't play very well though, not much time/clean pockets to through from and no running room for Gore.
someone needs to tell josh morgan to cut that s**t out. excuses aren't allowed in niner talk.
Well when it takes 18 seconds to run 40 yards down the field there is not enough time for that. And Mr. Morgan would know a thing or two about that.
The sky is blue. Tomatoes are red.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Well when it takes 18 seconds to run 40 yards down the field there is not enough time for that. And Mr. Morgan would know a thing or two about that.

harhar...
does this qualify morgan as an alexcuser?

Originally posted by hofer36:
does this qualify morgan as an alexcuser?

no it qualifies morgan as a realist.
Alex generally had good time to throw last week.

It's not like pressure made him overthrow Norris or underthrow Ginn.
I don't think pressure had anything to do with it. Alex was facing pressure against Minnesotas 1st team D and he did a fantastic job.

He got out of rhythm and became erratic. That led to poor throws and 2005 Smytherz Redux.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Alex generally had good time to throw last week.

It's not like pressure made him overthrow Norris or underthrow Ginn.

Agreed.

-9fA
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Dose? Really?

Spelling fail!!!!!!!!!!!! just kidding lol

No but seriously though, I think it's interesting that now a player has come out and criticized the OLine. Nobody came out publicly and criticized the D that bit on pump fakes and allowed 3/4 redzone opportunities. Nobody came out and openly criticized the QB, or even Crabtree who cost us the 1 INT that hit his hands. Raye was criticized. But the OLine? ehhh

They didn't play very well though, not much time/clean pockets to through from and no running room for Gore.

i wonder what these guys are thinking/feeling just seconds before the camera/mic goes on. after watching tape, i'm sure he wanted to say something about the other points you mentioned, but instead he chose to go with the oline excuse
Share 49ersWebzone