Coach Sings thanks Pete Carroll for kicking our ass

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Coach Sings thanks Pete Carroll for kicking our ass

• Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jcs:
Honestly Sing has to take most of the blame for this game...his team came in flat, played poorly and looked lost for most of the game. He's responsible for prepping the team, devising the strategy and making sure all the kinks are taken care of. For him to thank Carol is just stupid, he F'd up as our HC for this game. He's every bit responsible for that loss.

Well, for the first quarter and a half we were doing what we wanted to do....both ways, its just when we got to the red zone, is where it all went to complete utter %HIT

No. The wheels came off when Nate was flagged for PI after he got raped by Branch on what would have been his second pick. After that the secondary got impatient and we lost our composure. That's when the wheels came off.

For the record, I guarantee you that Carrol had some inside dope on how best to attack our scheme from 'Brich, Balmer, and Robinson.

I think there is something to that which is being overlooked. Its like the Raiders V Bucs superbowl. That Raider offense was ustopable that year until the SB... John Gruden knew exactly how to stop the Raiders and Rich Gannon because he saw what they did best everyday... same story smaller version.

Thankfully this is just one game... and yes I agree with Sing this will be a GOOD thig for the team in the long run. I think this will make everyone take a second look and not take things for granted. I think based on how the wheels fell off that this team felt it would roll into Seatle cruise to a big win and come back home... when things didnt go as plan... everyone started pressing and it blew up.

As for Sing what else is he going to say? It pointless to go off, everyone knows the situation and Im sure the team heard plenty of it in their two meetings why bash them in the media? It was subtle but made a point. Yes we lost and we lost bad, now lets see what kind of character we have? Adversity does happen in every season... fortunately for us we get to see how the team handles it right off the bat.

Bring on the Saints...
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jcs:
Honestly Sing has to take most of the blame for this game...his team came in flat, played poorly and looked lost for most of the game. He's responsible for prepping the team, devising the strategy and making sure all the kinks are taken care of. For him to thank Carol is just stupid, he F'd up as our HC for this game. He's every bit responsible for that loss.

Well, for the first quarter and a half we were doing what we wanted to do....both ways, its just when we got to the red zone, is where it all went to complete utter %HIT

No. The wheels came off when Nate was flagged for PI after he got raped by Branch on what would have been his second pick. After that the secondary got impatient and we lost our composure. That's when the wheels came off.

For the record, I guarantee you that Carrol had some inside dope on how best to attack our scheme from 'Brich, Balmer, and Robinson.

Curious on your whole take from the game, you actually know what you're talking about. Why don't you post a thread on your thoughts?!?!

You got it, amigo. I'll write up a piece on the game (just got home from work) and what I observed. I'll post it in here and on the main page, too.
Singletary is like the slave and Carroll like the master. As Singletary is getting whipped he looks back at his master and says "thank you sir, may i have another?"
We took it in the a$$ and Sing liked it?
he turned the other cheek

[ Edited by 9eridiot on Sep 13, 2010 at 22:08:37 ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9eridiot:
he turned the cheek

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Well, have you seen his wife?
Who knows. Maybe it'll get this team off its high-horse and help them realize they can't just step on the field and expect to win without putting in the work for it.

Execution comes from putting that extra work in; we had horrendous execution. Our line didn't move. Anthony Davis was terrible. Our secondary constantly gambled and lost. Gore couldn't run. Crabtree couldn't catch. Smith couldn't throw (much less trust anyone he threw to). Morgan couldn't get his feet in bounds. Norris couldn't do anything. Raye couldn't wake up. Singletary couldn't overcome being outcoached.

Our team was in a state of complete and utter chaos, unraveling faster than the drop of Rosie O'Donnell's popularity long ago.

This team has struggled to adjust when other teams adjust, and that.. unfortunately.. is a strong sign of poor coaching, and it has me very concerned. I love Singletary, but if he and his staff can't outsmart their opponents on the other sideline, we better prepare for a loss 9 times out of 10 in that situation. I'm sick of seeing us outsmarted, out-prepared, and outdone.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 13, 2010 at 21:54:13 ]
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

that just means its easier to poop
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Who knows. Maybe it'll get this team off its high-horse and help them realize they can't just step on the field and expect to win

this is an 8-8 team.

that's what kills me.

every one on that team should be treated as if their job is in jeopardy.

Like I said before,

Sing is happy because now with this blowout loss to nobodys,
Sing can beat the absolute piss out of these guys in practice and humble their asses.

The taskmaster
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Like I said before,

Sing is happy because now with this blowout loss to nobodys,
Sing can beat the absolute piss out of these guys in practice and humble their asses.

The taskmaster

Humbling the team isn't his biggest problem. Our problems go a lot deeper than that with mediocrity at QB and OC.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
good this happened in our first game. HOPEFULLY, being the key word. This opes our eyes on how bad we played and have no balls. This is the NFL every team has a chance and can win on any given sunday and we didnt show up. This should be ass whooping taking positively in the sense that we are better than this and are not playing like we should everybody on this team is to blame its a team sport not a Smith play that lost us( although his pick six was crucial) not gores fault or anybody we lost as a team and played pathetically as a team.
TO COACH SING ...... while the players are going over the game tapes you should be taking a look at how you were out coached by a rookie HC who hasn't coached a damn team in the NFL in what ten years. Pete Carroll's team didn't have issues with getting the plays in on time and no time outs left in the half again ....... come on , this sh!t continues into the regular season ???????.

Yeah thank him for tutoring your damn a$$

Pete Carroll motivated his damn team but we need to get motivated by a divisional whipping ......... GOT IT !!!!!!!

[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Sep 14, 2010 at 03:11:43 ]
the only credit I can give sing is this was Carrolls first game and had some unknown game planning that he couldnt prepare for.

But 31-6 ?????
Share 49ersWebzone