Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
I just hate losing every f**king year.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
The #1 thing is the majority of WZ posters.

especially the overreaction in the WZ over a loss

Early in 2005 season, some zoners panicked and were called overreactionists...they turned out to be right

Early in 2006 season, some zoners panicked and were called overreactionists...they turned out to be right

Early in 2007 season, some zoners panicked and were called overreactionists...they turned out to be right

Early in 2008 season, some zoners panicked and were called overreactionists...they turned out to be right

Early in 2009 season, some zoners panicked and were called overreactionists...they turned out to be right

Early in 2010 season, some zoners panicked and were called overreactionists...

This is what a child would call basic pattern recognition.

i'm hoping for the law of averages to kick in

It already has. We have a below average QB.

This
A lot of the current 49er fan base. Not the ones that look at the team as a whole. The ones that differentiate that it's all about one player, and not just Smith.

I remember days good or bad, and we'd still support. Now some of you want the firing squad already. Unbelievable.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The Yorks, greatness starts at the top. They need to hire a real proven NFL Gm and let him call the shots.
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by verb1der:

Early in 2005 season, some zoners panicked and were called overreactionists...they turned out to be right

Early in 2006 season, some zoners panicked and were called overreactionists...they turned out to be right

Early in 2007 season, some zoners panicked and were called overreactionists...they turned out to be right

Early in 2008 season, some zoners panicked and were called overreactionists...they turned out to be right

Early in 2009 season, some zoners panicked and were called overreactionists...they turned out to be right

+1

Anyone right now with the "ITS JUST ONE GAME" mentally has adapted a losing-mentality, and they don't even know it.

and what do you have? a "winning" mentality. LOL. I think its the exact opposite buddy. People giving up on the season after one loss.... have adapted a losing mentality

You're not getting it. It's not just one loss. See above. It's a pattern that dates way back and is CONTINUING. It's the same ol', same ol', just with a more talented group, which makes it even worse!

+1

Anyone right now with the "ITS JUST ONE GAME" mentally has adapted a losing-mentality, and they don't even know it.

and what do you have? a "winning" mentality. LOL. I think its the exact opposite buddy. People giving up on the season after one loss.... have adapted a losing mentality

Who said I'm giving up on the season? I wish this team the best every year, but I refuse to ignore the obvious problems that ails this team, therefore, I absolutely feel that everyone who is frustrated in the zone has the right to be frustrated regardless of how they want to express it.

I wish I could be numb to getting blown out and just say "OH IT'S OK TO LOSE WE'RE GOING TO BE FINE IT'S JUST ONE GAME!" Is that how you feel? I sure hope not.

Nobody said its, "ok to lose" and I understand the frustration. But how does panicking create a winning mentality, that was my problem with your post.
The aint good enough to waste my time hating. Laughing is more where I'm at these days when I watch them do the same old Bad News 49ers routine on game day.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I hate falling for it every year.

I'm week to week from now on.

+1

Who said I'm giving up on the season? I wish this team the best every year, but I refuse to ignore the obvious problems that ails this team, therefore, I absolutely feel that everyone who is frustrated in the zone has the right to be frustrated regardless of how they want to express it.

I wish I could be numb to getting blown out and just say "OH IT'S OK TO LOSE WE'RE GOING TO BE FINE IT'S JUST ONE GAME!" Is that how you feel? I sure hope not.

Nobody said its, "ok to lose" and I understand the frustration. But how does panicking create a winning mentality, that was my problem with your post.

I'm no where near-panicking. But I do understand panicking is just the nature of fanaticsm, and according to Danimal's post, the "overreactionists" might be onto something here.

For now I'm watching an infomercial, I'm not buying into any hype of "playoff talk", I just want to see how this season unfolds, and so far (panicker or not) no one can deny the product on display is ALL BAD.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
It might be only one loss, but it was a blow out loss with few bright spots. It wasn't a few bad bounces of the ball that caused the rout. Alex Smith looked lost out there, not good.

Originally posted by YorkHater:
I hate Alex Smith
I hate Jed York
I hate Jimmy Ray
I Hate Scott Mccloughin for putting us in this situation
I hate Baalke for Drafting 2 linemen instead of BPA and getting proven vets for an oline
I Hate Crabtree
I hate parys haralson
i hate nate clements
i hate michael lewis for being a slow
i hate alex smith because we should of had AAron Rodgers a local kid and niner fan..
i hate these golf clappin pinot grigio drinking pu$$y ass niner fans
lastly i hate the webzone for locking this thread and giving me a warning for speaking my mind
Sing should be kept with 2 great coordinators like romeo crennel and charlie weis
Let the hate begin!
[angry]

I really hate the up the middle on 1st and 2nd down for zero yards.

I hate that our coaches never put our players in the situations that would allow them to thrive.

I really hate the fact that we are the easiest team to game plan against.

I'm tired of the excuses on all sides - its time to man up and get the job done.
The only thing I hate is how often we find a way to beat ourselves in recent years.
Of all the disappointment over the last seven years, yesterday was the hardest to take. I thought this was the team to finally break through and now I feel totally deflated. I hate that feeling. Nothing else to do but get over it and hope that this season can still be salvaged. In any other division, I might be tempted to think that it is just hopeless. But since this is the NFC West there still is hope. If they don't pull temselves together and win the West this year I will hate that.
That I can't read one dam thread without it turning into an Alex Smith debat! Seriously, it's become beyond annoying...

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 13, 2010 at 17:33:37 ]
I hate the fact that we are using offensive weapons completley wrong. We have walker morgan crabtree ginn zeigler and davis. That should equal a beast or pretty good passing game. I understand we have Alex and hes limited but why are trying to buil our future on a qb thats limited!!!! That makes no sense. Coach Sing wants a powerhouse running game and thats good. But he has to realize the weapons we have that we could be destroying teams with. Notice how they shut down gore and then lost because Alex is limited to what he can do. I no we probably dont have anyone better on our team but this qb situation should have been adressed in the offseason. Bottomline is if we dont make it to the playoffs alex is gone sing is gone and jimmy is gone. Bring in a Qb that can stretch the field and make nfl throws instead of trying to develop people. Bring in a up to date oc and hc. And we should be fine. Nate Davis can stretch the field but his learning disability and or work ethic is a problem.
Share 49ersWebzone