LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

If a Change is Made

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If a Change is Made

Other: Euthanize Raye
time to turn the play calling over to mike johnson and alex.
I have buddy down the street who has a great arm and good feet. What do you think, Smith for him?
bench a Davis after his first pro game? Fail......you guys are ridic. If you feel that he did that poorly starting his first game at RT as a rookie in loud ass seattle you are crazy......Go call Kwame harris if you need a replacement. Here is the number

1-888-333-Yellow Flag
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by fly15:
AS will be benched within the next 4 games.

This.

I'm not sure what you are smiling about? The Niners will still suck, we'll miss the playoffs, the Yorks will keep Sing and blame Alex and all we can do is wait until next year to be let down again. I've read the script already...
Originally posted by STNiner:
bench a Davis after his first pro game? Fail......you guys are ridic. If you feel that he did that poorly starting his first game at RT as a rookie in loud ass seattle you are crazy......Go call Kwame harris if you need a replacement. Here is the number

1-888-333-Yellow Flag

I was at the game today, and all of a sudden Davis was gone, what happened did he get benched in his first pro game? Or was he injured? Haven't heard just got off one very quite party bus!
Jimmy Raye needs to go sooner than later, Sing hired Mike Johnson to replace him at some point, why not make the future now when it's clear that Raye is unable or unwilling to open up the offense without going to the shotgun?

Alex needs to play out this season simply because we have no better options. For every time he rolls out right and throws away the ball, if David Carr were in there, he'd get sacked.

Troy Smith isn't ready and Nate Davis got cut, so we're stuck at QB for the rest of this year. If any change is coming it has to be at OC.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Coaching failure: if you can't cover, blitz...every play. You already proved you can't cover, so blitz. Coaching failure. HC and Oc in way over their heads. JR is just so so, and bigmike(BM) has only had LB coaching to prep him for big leagues. Fire him, now, let him go to S.E. A&M Polytechnic, learn how to coach WRs, DBs, QBs, TEs, OLs, RBs, OC, DC....and then invite him back after say 10-15 yrs to coach in the nfl as HC. Right now you are seeing the results of nowhere near enough previous coaching, and certainly no knowledge, or precious little for a guy who is HC. Calling two TOs in first half, because once again plays didn't get in on time, and then losing a shot at TD from 1 foot line because all our TOs were burned is good enough for me to fire a guy, esp. after he has been here a yr and a half. That is just total inexperience in nfl coaching, plus a total misunderstanding of clock and its importance. YOu would think BM would have learned that by now...but he hasn't. Send him back to baylor, to learn coaching from the ground up...not from the top down.

Anybody that didn't think this might happen to a guy with virtually no coaching experience just wasn't thinking clearly. Certainly, jedi jed had stars in his eyes when he looked up and saw his HC as BM. This was my one and only complaint when he was hired, but everyone was so smitten with a GOAT LB as our HC, that this fundamental , essential tenet was ignored. Time to fix it by moving on down the line...without BM. When? Now is as good as any time , i reckon. Oh, and take JR with him.

Need an OC you say? Well, have our qb call plays, even if it is all 2 minute drill which we all know he can do. JR and BM? Hell they can't figure out what to do with 3rd and 5 on the 50, so they take a TO. Only way to keep BM here is if he can petition the league for 6 TOs/qtr...and i sincerely doubt that will happen. Oh, you think alex would be worse? No way, and we know, HE would get plays in on time.

We all saw it, knew it, have to watch it happen, again. Sad, very sad. Bad coaching hides good talent, which we all know we have. BM is easily being figured out in this league, and his days could be numbered. And Raye? 2nd and 14 on our 20, and a delayed handoff up the middle for 1? ugh
Originally posted by Daniners:
I have buddy down the street who has a great arm and good feet. What do you think, Smith for him?

What did he get on his wonderlic? I kid...
Coaching failure: if you can't cover, blitz...every play. You already proved you can't cover, so blitz. Coaching failure. HC and Oc in way over their heads. JR is just so so, and bigmike(BM) has only had LB coaching to prep him for big leagues. Fire him, now, let him go to S.E. A&M Polytechnic, learn how to coach WRs, DBs, QBs, TEs, OLs, RBs, OC, DC....and then invite him back after say 10-15 yrs to coach in the nfl as HC. Right now you are seeing the results of nowhere near enough previous coaching, and certainly no knowledge, or precious little for a guy who is HC. Calling two TOs in first half, because once again plays didn't get in on time, and then losing a shot at TD from 1 foot line because all our TOs were burned is good enough for me to fire a guy, esp. after he has been here a yr and a half. That is just total inexperience in nfl coaching, plus a total misunderstanding of clock and its importance. YOu would think BM would have learned that by now...but he hasn't. Send him back to baylor, to learn coaching from the ground up...not from the top down.

Anybody that didn't think this might happen to a guy with virtually no coaching experience just wasn't thinking clearly. Certainly, jedi jed had stars in his eyes when he looked up and saw his HC as BM. This was my one and only complaint when he was hired, but everyone was so smitten with a GOAT LB as our HC, that this fundamental , essential tenet was ignored. Time to fix it by moving on down the line...without BM. When? Now is as good as any time , i reckon. Oh, and take JR with him.

Need an OC you say? Well, have our qb call plays, even if it is all 2 minute drill which we all know he can do. JR and BM? Hell they can't figure out what to do with 3rd and 5 on the 50, so they take a TO. Only way to keep BM here is if he can petition the league for 6 TOs/qtr...and i sincerely doubt that will happen. Oh, you think alex would be worse? No way, and we know, HE would get plays in on time.

I hear what you are saying but can someone tell me where the plays are coming from? Jimmy Raye to Mike Johnson to Alex? I don't think Singletary has anything to do with the play calling although I do agree his in game coaching management is lacking big time.

Michael Lewis losing playing time and Raye being asked to tweak his playcalling/.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I hear what you are saying but can someone tell me where the plays are coming from? Jimmy Raye to Mike Johnson to Alex? I don't think Singletary has anything to do with the play calling although I do agree his in game coaching management is lacking big time.

i agree. they need to go straight in to him or maybe johnson should be calling them now. he was supposed to be the one being groomed to take over someday right?
We should just trade for Randy Moss. Kill Jimmy Raye. Boot Singletary. Hire Holmgren. Move up and draft Luck or Locker. Let Vernon Davis b***hslap Michael Crabtree's p***y ass. But one can only dream right?
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Singletary has had two offseasons to address the QB position. If we don't make the playoffs they both need to go.

for sure

Agreed! But, I doubt Jed has the testicular fortitude to cut Singletary. The saga continues...
What i don't understand is why the hesitation in firing BM and JR. They have done nothing different from last yr, which we all kind of gave them a pass on, but to come back this yr and pull the same Krap? that is inexcusable, and also is the definition of insanity.
Share 49ersWebzone