LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

If a Change is Made

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If a Change is Made

POLL
the only change that will happen this season is that Alex will be benched. It won't help, but it will be Sing's last ditch effort to distance himself from Alex and save his job. That won't work either though.
Originally posted by danimal:
the only change that will happen this season is that Alex will be benched. It won't help, but it will be Sing's last ditch effort to distance himself from Alex and save his job. That won't work either though.

I have noticed that Singletary lays blame on other a lot.

It's not all Smith's fault.
Originally posted by John-ATL:

I have noticed that Singletary lays blame on other a lot.

It's not all Smith's fault.

this was Sing's fault. Alex has real limitations. Anybody who does not recognize those limitations is an idiot. If Sing could not live with his limitations then he should have gotten him replaced a long time ago. Alex's limitations are he needs the game to be in hand...otherwise he implodes. This Defense and Alex Smith in control and Nedney would have given the Niners a 12 point halftime lead. Alex most likely would have protected that lead.

Sing f**ked that up.

I don't blame Alex at all, I accept what he can and cannot do.
Originally posted by John-ATL:
POLL

All of these save for benching Crabtree and Davis. Can we go to a spread and get an X's & O's coach and a modern day OC? And Manusky to get some balls and bench Lawson/Haralson for what we REALLY needed (esp. today) and that is a pass rush (see Houston Texans vs. Manning today). I was never sold on Raye and all this "continuity" B.S. either...continuity of crap is still crap, right? Really, we're going to be a top 5 defense with zero pass rushers as OLB's? Please! Like Jimmy Johnson stated today that we are built one way and one way only and if we aren't 100% playing our game we'll lose 100% of the time. That is so true! We could use some common sense like that coaching this team.
The first problem that needs to get corrected is getting the play calling in quicker. I don't care what QB is back there if he doesn't have time to read/react, audible, let players shifts and burn time outs it's bad news. Between pre season and this game it has been horrible... probably about 10 timeouts burned in 5 games. It was a problem last year but not this bad.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
AS will be benched within the next 4 games.
Too early to make any changes. Overreaction, cause from the coaches down to the players, they sux today. Offense and Defense. Mike Williams had a career resurgent against our DBs
Funny. Smith looks terrible for half of the game and is obviously not a franchise QB. Next week, Smith will play pretty well and we will be competitive (but lose) and the Smith bandwagon will be in action again. Then Smith will be terrible a few weeks later and thorw 3 interceptions and he will suck again.

This will go on and on, but the Smith bandwagon morons will continue to support a QB who is inconsistent and clearly not an elite QB. To win a Superbowl in this league, you need an elite QB. Hell, we may even win the division this year (because it is so bad), but remember I said this, the only elite QB in the division is Bradford and the Rams will own the division three years from now.

Unfortunately, this team eventually is going to either have to lose a hell of a lot of games, or give up a ton of draft picks, but they are going to need to get a franchise QB if they ever want to win a SB again. You either have a Montana, Young, Brees, Payton or Manning, or you don't see many SB's.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:
AS will be benched within the next 4 games.

This.

Alex & Crabtree wont be benched. I think they need to understand that you can not just run Frank Gore down the middle every play. They need to open up the playbook big time. Why are we running 3 yard out when its 2nd and 15? Why is Westbrook not being used at all? You have to make the other team guess.

I know Alex is limited, but you need to open things up a bit. Seems like are WR's get no seperation at all. When you finally get seperation (Ginn) Alex cant hit them. Lots of work needs to be done IMO
forgot to add one other name: Aaron Rodgers, out of Cal Berkley. Not drafting him first should go down as one of the biggest mistakes ever made by the 49ers. Horrible, horrible decision.

Singletary has had two offseasons to address the QB position. If we don't make the playoffs they both need to go.
The Niners should just do no huddle and have Alex call all the plays during the Saints game.

If he falls on his face it will be easy to replace him after that. At least see if he is capable of something. Maybe he can calls plays better than Raye.

Maybe they should hire Alex as the OC and get a different QB. Im sure he is smart enough for the job.
Share 49ersWebzone