There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

IMO the offense

• fan49
  • Veteran
will stink for a while. when John York took the reigns and eventually fired mariuchi....after what a 14-2 season? our 49ers were no longer the 49ers. Look at the stealers, they were always a defensive team, and the ravens. They were defense first, offense second. After mariuchi left the Walsh or west coast offense left for good. With dennis erickson came in that was it. Then nolan, we now became a defense first, offense second team. We totally reversed the history, vibe, and mentallity of our team. The yorks ruined this team.

I love sing, and I like jed, but we are no longer the 49ers. We used to be all about the qb, hence the non stop expectations of level of play. I have just about realized that the 49ers now our strictly defense, and are ok with poor qb play.

As an alex supporter, he made a lot of wrong decisions, and had poor play today. And so did the rest of the team. And to think, he is the best option for us. Kinda sucks cause if he doesnt do well we will have to go qb first in 1st rond next season instead of cb which we need tremendously. Not to mention throw away another year to qb development.

Look, I love the 49ers through and through, but this defensive minded style i might have to just expect to not see an elite offense for a long time. Boy I miss Eddie D, walsh, seifert. First game jitters.... Keep in mind my post is about the reversal of identity in our 9ners not today alone! oh im done babbling

[ Edited by fan49 on Sep 12, 2010 at 18:50:57 ]
The offense actually played very good in the first half. Other than the inability to punch into the endzone. This offense can move the ball. Just a lot of stupid miscues that adds up to Seattle taking advantage. Bad first game hopefully better next game. But it must start from the improvement of the coaches. They sux today too.
i blame it on the o line gave alex little time (despite 1st Q) and gave gore no push at all
  • fan49
  • Veteran
my point was our 49ers will never be the same. We have done a full reversal since the yorks. today makes no difference, while they our trying to put together an offense. I wont ever expect high flying, deep routes, or high passing offense anymore. This is the new 49ers.

and yes i know alex through 46 passes today. but our official identity has been reversed reguardless

[ Edited by fan49 on Sep 12, 2010 at 18:26:51 ]
the seahawks defense did a great job:

They took away Gore

and took away the big pass up the middle.

Two things we thrived with in 2009.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The offense actually played very good in the first half. Other than the inability to punch into the endzone. This offense can move the ball. Just a lot of stupid miscues that adds up to Seattle taking advantage. Bad first game hopefully better next game. But it must start from the improvement of the coaches. They sux today too.

I agree. The offense moved the ball effectively between the 20's. But they just couldn't get it in the endzone. Thats where they need to work before the Saints come marching in. Even if the defense limited their points, the niner offense will need to put up points.
I agree. I've just about had it with trying to be Baltimore's retarded step sister.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
the seahawks defense did a great job:

They took away Gore

and took away the big pass up the middle.

Two things we thrived with in 2009.

you said it.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I agree. I've just about had it with trying to be Baltimore's retarded step sister.

thank you 1 person actually read it
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Sing wanted a QB that is what he said Manage the game , wow he did f**king managed it , real well throw high on the TD that called back after review and over throw the FB , and hitting Craps**t's shoulder pad , and on and on ! f**k i have Alex over throw Smith ! we have not won since he was drafted !
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:
Sing wanted a QB that is what he said Manage the game , wow he did f**king managed it , real well throw high on the TD that called back after review and over throw the FB , and hitting Craps**t's shoulder pad , and on and on ! f**k i have Alex over throw Smith ! we have not won since he was drafted !

dude, you almost get it, we havent won since the yorks diminished the identity of this football team. alex didnt do that the yorks did
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by cNiner:

dude, you almost get it, we havent won since the yorks diminished the identity of this football team. alex didnt do that the yorks did
and any way you look at it sing wants a defense and a run game hence the reversal of identity. before pass, pass, run, and hopefully the d can stop em if not our offense will. we are now the steelers and the ravens not the 49ers.

[ Edited by fan49 on Sep 12, 2010 at 19:07:39 ]
Most of the top playoff teams are offense first teams. The way the league has adjusted the rules over the past few years, offenses always get the upper hand because your average fan wants to see points and the average fan is the difference between a sellout and a blackout.
just once, please football gods, just once... would you please force sing and yoda to run the ball outside instead of up the freakin gut EVERY SINGLE F*****G TIME!!!!?