LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Frank Gore performance

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What a bum. 17 carries 38 yards. So its all Smith's fault? Its sad to say but Gore is what makes this offense goes. To stop the 49ers, stop Gore and let Smith try to beat you which doesn't happen often.
I dont care how bad ass a running back you are...you MUST HAVE some DECENT blocking...just some!!!!!!...bottom line is we didnt run/pass block worth s**te!
The whole team s**t the bed. Period. From the field to the sidelines and all the up into the boxes. It was a disgrace.
  • mod
  • Veteran
ANOTHER THREAD!!!!
CUT HIM!
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
What a bum. 17 carries 38 yards. So its all Smith's fault? Its sad to say but Gore is what makes this offense goes. To stop the 49ers, stop Gore and let Smith try to beat you which doesn't happen often.

I don't think everyone is blaming only Alex Smith for the loss. BUT, everyone is beginning to notice he doesn't have what it takes. I figured this was the case, but as I said a few weeks ago, I tried to put on my homer goggles for the season. Alex Smith, with this performance, came over to my house, snatched the goggles off of my face, p*ssed on them, took a crap on my lawn, wiped his ass with my goggles and then threw them in the trash can.

The garbage truck then showed up, on their day off & everything, and took my trash. My goggles are gone.
What a bum.

No. A million times, no.
Gore does not appear elite any longer. He is not breaking any tackles. He had a 2.2 yard average today. Forsett with Seattle had a 6 yard average - steven Jackson without the rams had a 3.6 yard average. Both those lines are supposed to suck too!
  • Apone
  • Veteran

If you have predictable play calling, and your o-line is consistently being pushed back it won't matter if you have Walter Payton in there.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Gore does not appear elite any longer. He is not breaking any tackles. He had a 2.2 yard average today. Forsett with Seattle had a 6 yard average - steven Jackson without the rams had a 3.6 yard average. Both those lines are supposed to suck too!

break tackles??? he was running into a f**king wall? s**tty play calling was the problem, not gore

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Gore is a "make you miss" back. But he can't "make you miss" if he doesn't have running lanes. Our offseason hyped up OLine didn't do its job today opening running lanes and taking pressure off Smith. I'm not at all defending Smith, he played awful, but he has been known to make good throws when he's had time and today he didn't have alot of time and had poor throws.
Jimmy Johnson summed it up. Gore is the Key to our offense and if he is a non factor, our QB play isn't strong enough to over come that take away. It showed today. This was not on Frank today. Our line was stalled today. Our QB play was terrible. Alex really looked poor today. He reminded me of his rookie season today.
Originally posted by HearstFan:

How does he not appear elite any longer? Did you bother to look at what he was running behind on any of those plays? Or did you just see a 2-yard gain and think it was Gore's fault, even though the play call was a predictable run up the gut and the O-Line got manhandled?
Originally posted by Redeemer:
What a bum.

No. A million times, no.

sarcasm detector not working?
Yesterday the whole team blew it from top to bottom, Everyone sucked!

/end thread
Share 49ersWebzone