There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eric Davis: Problem is with play management

I'm done!!! Smith is garbage period!!!! Aaron Rodgers fell to 25th!! Makes me wanna puke!!! Get rid of his sorry butt!! Nate Davis at least has a cannon I don't care how dumb they say he is!!!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith is the problem, not the headsets, not the play calling.

as much as some here like to get on Raye and the players....he did call plays that could've been potential TDs and the players did their job and got open.

that Morgan Pass that was too high could've been placed elsewhere...

that Norris pass could've been elsewhere....I know that some here don't like us going to Norris...but the play worked, he was open for a TD.

that Ginn pass could've been elsewhere.... Ginn burnt his man... Raye drew up a play that worked and was a potential TD...but Alex missed his pass once again.

Very good and rational points man,totally agree.
I don't care how slow the play was getting called or whether or not the headsets worked. Alex smith has to be accountable for his play. HE missed Moran Norris who was wide open for the TD. HE threw the ball too high for Morgan to get two feet in. He under threw the ball to Ted Ginn, Jr. HE repeatedly threw the ball behind his reeivers. There were multiple opportunities for the Niners to score, but Alex Smith could not capitalize. If he knows the system as well as all the coaches say he doesm then HE should have taken the game into his own hands and made the calls.
Alex Smith is garbage period.
Even if the plays are coming in too slow or just bad play calling altogether, we are screwed. Because the bottom line is we can't change the coordinator because Alex can't handle it. I'm not sure who has the worst learning disability Alex or Nate :(
Originally posted by WestCoast:
aaron rodgers had two picks today...
The difference is Rodgers comes off the field looking more determine to make up for the mistake. Alex looks defeated

You really don't want to go there. lol
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
The difference is Rodgers comes off the field looking more determine to make up for the mistake. Alex looks defeated

Sideline demeanor again?
Alex Smith missed some important passes tonight, and the playmakers hung him out to dry on several plays as well. Just a bad game in general from the Offense. That cannot be the case moving forward. Alex only has so many chances. At some point it can't matter why things happened. there were plenty of chances out there tonight, and the offense as a whole (including Smith on several important occasions) didn't make the plays when needed.

I can live with that, but what I cannot live with is the body language of the team in the 2nd half. that is when Alex needed to get in some peoples faces and demand that they all be better. I didn't love the body language out there.

Also, Crabtree looked kind of disinterested and really out of sync. My worry meter for him is officially at yellow. That being said, it was only one game. I'll wait a few more until I proclaim the year over.

Also... the secondary looked lost out there once they spread them out a little bit... I could see that being a recurring theme this year.
Hey Alex! It's the webzones job to make excuses for you. No need to take the initiative.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
No link yet but Tim K posted this on Twitter:

@timkawakami Wow. Alex Smith being very clear there was only 1 instance of a tech problem with headphones. Other times: "We had trouble getting it in."

And the more interesting one:

@timkawakami Alex Smith just completely backed up my guess/thoughts. 49ers' slow playcalls came only on key offensive moments. There's a problem here."

Any theories for that last one?

Yeah, my theory is that you're looking for any chance to make an excuse for Alex... Am I wrong?
Originally posted by D_Niner:

@timkawakami Wow. Alex Smith being very clear there was only 1 instance of a tech problem with headphones. Other times: "We had trouble getting it in."

@timkawakami Alex Smith just completely backed up my guess/thoughts. 49ers' slow playcalls came only on key offensive moments. There's a problem here."

Yeah, my theory is that you're looking for any chance to make an excuse for Alex... Am I wrong?

tim k and kevin lynch hate alex and they are both saying crabtree was at fault for a lot of the game im sorry i gotta believe crabtree was at fault a lot for this game however i am not saying smith played great nor am i making excuses for him he played bad but the fact of the matter is he had no help at all today
I was going to post this last week but didn't feel like being blasted for being too negative before the season started but this same crap happened way too much past year also under Sleepy Ray. I noticed today that most plays on offense were hiked with less than 4 seconds left on the 30 sec clock. If you wait until the last couple seconds every time the defense is going to be able to anticipate the snap better right? How can this still be happening with an NFL team??? Jimmy Ray has got to go! And not just because of his game managemtn skills, his playcalling lacks any imagination.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

tim k and kevin lynch hate alex and they are both saying crabtree was at fault for a lot of the game im sorry i gotta believe crabtree was at fault a lot for this game however i am not saying smith played great nor am i making excuses for him he played bad but the fact of the matter is he had no help at all today

tim k hates both of the bay area teams.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

tim k hates both of the bay area teams.

How about we blame both Alex and Crabtree. Both sucked it up. Add Jimmy Ray in there also.