There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Bag of Excuses thread

Figured I would start a post for our weekly excuses:

It's only Alex's 2nd year with the same O coordinator but he's really smart and he will figure it out eventually.

Crabtree didn't play in the preseason.

We have 2 rookie O linemen.

Moran Norris wasn't tall enough to catch that ball.

Patrick Willis was only allowed to play defense.

We only have 4 plays on offense : run middle, throw high, the delay of game play, or the pass the ball to the other team play

Add your excuses here to let off some steam on this poor excuse for an opener.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
for the first time ever that I can remember, zoners aren't making excuses for Smith's pathetic performance on the field. Although the loss is very bitter, the zoner response to it is very refreshing. A lot of players dropped the ball, but the biggest reason we lost this game is because of exactly what Clayton and Razzano said: Alex Smith is not an accurate QB. It just sucks that we're 6 years into the Alex Smith experiment and just figuring it out.
Originally posted by Shaj:
for the first time ever that I can remember, zoners aren't making excuses for Smith's pathetic performance on the field. Although the loss is very bitter, the zoner response to it is very refreshing. A lot of players dropped the ball, but the biggest reason we lost this game is because of exactly what Clayton and Razzano said: Alex Smith is not an accurate QB. It just sucks that we're 6 years into the Alex Smith experiment and just figuring it out.

It's the first time he's actually getting a fair shot. I'll give him one more game until I'll jump off his wagon.
I remember when before draft day, they had Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers throw a football at a tire (or something). Rodgers threw it right through the hole, and Alex missed by a mile.

I thought "oh f**k, that better not mean something" .... apparently, it did.

[ Edited by highwayone on Sep 12, 2010 at 21:55:33 ]
Originally posted by niners94:

It's the first time he's actually getting a fair shot. I'll give him one more game until I'll jump off his wagon.

I'm going to free fall if we come out as terrible as we did today at home in primetime vs the Saints.
All the above are just confirmations that the OC and HC can't cut the mustard. BM(bigmike) has helped rebuild this team, but he does not have the skill set to get us any farther, basically since he is really short on his coaching background(LB coach...under lil mikey noln). And that is nowhere near enough to coach in the bigs. The bad plays? They all are on the HC who failed.
I'll give Alex until game 4... And if he underachieves in that game, I'm done supporting him.....
Originally posted by niners94:

Yeah, let's wait for him to play dramatically better vs. one of the most explosive teams in the NFL before we stop believing.

Originally posted by defenderDX:
I'll give Alex until game 4... And if he underachieves in that game, I'm done supporting him.....

I don't support him because I believe in him. I support him because that's who our team is putting out there.
Patrick Willis needs to step up vocally on this team, It's his D', he is the best MLB in the game. He needs to inspire others to play with the heart and go all out, its his D, he needs to own it, step up and get s**t together.
subtle Alexcuses thread
Hate to say this defender, but once again, baas, snyder, chilo, wragge couldn't block and never made any holes nor did they protect alex. Yes, alex played like crap, but his OC/HC never got plays in on time, and when they did, it was late. The TO followed by a dive up the 2 hole was especially clever. bigmike(BM) is done here. He has reached his pinnacle, because he just lacks the necessary learning for doing a good job. Hey, he helped right the ship, but he isn't a pro HC. He needs to go, gracefully, i hope, and take JR with him.

Because for the first time Alex, and this team HAS NO excuse.