There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

seattle game who is at fault

It took everyone working together to screw this one up. Coaching decisions were horrible, the play of our O-line was horrible, Crabtree was horrible, Nate Clements was in the game for the first play of the game (his INT) then blew the rest of the game, you can thank Nate for a the 14 point rally before the half. Coach sing was so arrogant in his decision making and it came back to bit his ass clean off. In the first half Alex looked ok, his only glaring mistake was the miss on norris, in the second half he showed every reason why there are doubters out there.

Going into this game I was actually worried about that fact that we knew nothing about them and they knew everything about us, but the fact that we sucked even harder the second half tells me that we were flat out unprepared and outplayed.

To some up the outlook of our place in the NFC West it would be best to look at these two things 1) we put up the fewest points this weekend in our division and 2) we gave up the most points in our division this weekend.

Oh by the way, we have the Saint next week!
Ok, I've had a little bit of time to collect my thoughts.

1. What the bloody hell is with the playcalls still coming in late? This issue should have been sorted out in preseason. Either the cadence needs to be more streamlined or Raye needs to make up his mind about which play he's going to call because something isn't working. Smith needs to use his brain and call any play if he's having radio problems. We burn too many timeouts and have too many delay of games. Pathetic.

2. The oline is still the same. They played well in pass protection in the first half but they couldn't get any push AT ALL in goal line situations or run plays to save their life. The only creativeness that I saw from Raye was that instead of calling a run over RG, he called a run over LG.

3. The whole defense biting on pump fakes. Clements and Brown got taken advantage of. It's especially worse in the case of Clements since he has a history of biting on double plays.

4. Zero pass rush. The statistic that they brought up about the sacks against division opponents v. the sacks against non-division opponents was very telling. It confirms what I've been believing all along. Our pressure is more due to scheme than individual talent.

5. Alex Smith. Possibly missed the easiest TD that I've ever seen after having probably one of the best starts to a game. It went all downhill from there. I don't think that there's any way you can defend him. I do think Crabtree ran the wrong route on the interception, but regardless, way too many rollouts that are killing plays, way too many wayward throws. It can't continue. If Smith keeps playing like this, he's going to playing himself out of San Francisco - for better or for worse.

So to answer the original question: everyone.

I'm trying not to overreact, but I have never been more disappointed as a 49er fan.

-9fA
Is this really a question? Axle Smith is to blame. Cant throw anything further than 10 yards accurately. f**king loser. I saved u all a spot on the AS Hate Wagon. I knew u'd all come around.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
99% of the fans.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Is this really a question? Axle Smith is to blame. Cant throw anything further or under than 10 yards accurately. f**king loser. I saved u all a spot on the AS Hate Wagon. I knew u'd all come around.

fixed
Originally posted by jrg:
99% of the fans.

don't be ridiculous
Everyone.
Originally posted by m04607:
Originally posted by Mike49:
The coaches.

Raye MUST go. I also think the hourglass has almost run out on Singletary.

Alex Smith is over. Time for David Carr.

McNabb is seeming like a much better option right now

The whole team sucked today,McNabb wouldn't have made a difference
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Ok, I've had a little bit of time to collect my thoughts.

1. What the bloody hell is with the playcalls still coming in late? This issue should have been sorted out in preseason. Either the cadence needs to be more streamlined or Raye needs to make up his mind about which play he's going to call because something isn't working. Smith needs to use his brain and call any play if he's having radio problems. We burn too many timeouts and have too many delay of games. Pathetic.

2. The oline is still the same. They played well in pass protection in the first half but they couldn't get any push AT ALL in goal line situations or run plays to save their life. The only creativeness that I saw from Raye was that instead of calling a run over RG, he called a run over LG.

3. The whole defense biting on pump fakes. Clements and Brown got taken advantage of. It's especially worse in the case of Clements since he has a history of biting on double plays.

4. Zero pass rush. The statistic that they brought up about the sacks against division opponents v. the sacks against non-division opponents was very telling. It confirms what I've been believing all along. Our pressure is more due to scheme than individual talent.

5. Alex Smith. Possibly missed the easiest TD that I've ever seen after having probably one of the best starts to a game. It went all downhill from there. I don't think that there's any way you can defend him. I do think Crabtree ran the wrong route on the interception, but regardless, way too many rollouts that are killing plays, way too many wayward throws. It can't continue. If Smith keeps playing like this, he's going to playing himself out of San Francisco - for better or for worse.

So to answer the original question: everyone.

I'm trying not to overreact, but I have never been more disappointed as a 49er fan.

-9fA

EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY THE PART ABOUT NEVER BEING MORE DISAPPOINTED AS A 49ER FAN...
People expected it to be a walk in the park.

But let's face it, Ulbrich MRob and McCloughan stacked the deck on us.

I mean hell didn't you guys hear the analysts? They KNOW us.

WTF is Ulbrich even doing on the Sh@tbirds anyway? He spent his entire career with us. McCloughan really isn't a factor. But MRob and Ulbrich know our playbook.

Raye and Sing better get with it and deal with that issue for the next meeting.

I'm not TOO worried about the Offensive issues other than Tree not being on the same page.

The announcers CORRECTLY identified that Tree was supposed to sit down on that pick 6. Instead he cut his route and ran to the sideline. Right into Defenders no less. I blame that pick on Tree not being prepared.

Then let's face it. The Refs jobbed us on the Offensive Holding call and named Nate. Which extended the series enough to allow them to get him to bite on the double go. That cost us. Brown is still young and Hass took advantage of that and Spencer got killed by Branch.

Their Defense was drilled to perfection by knowing our system and our guys.

This BETTER not happen again or Sing rightfully should be sent packing.

Duke however played pretty damn well all things considered. I just would liked to have seen us stick to the run game more but Snyder was our weak link. Soon as he got on the field we were F@CKED.

However, they don't get that series extended this is a different game. Soon as they got that 1st score the balance of the game went 180. And F@CK JERRY for giving them a pep talk. He may be GOAT but that's horsesh@t.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Sep 12, 2010 at 17:27:25 ]
  • Mex49
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
All blame is on the coaching.

There is really no other answer
Singletary same conservative approach , same stuborness about running when the line isn't blocking , more stupid penalties , lousy use of time outs and flat out out coached.
Oline looks to have the same problems in pass protection and run blocking
Smith didn't look like a QB with more control of the offense and still throws with lack of accuracy still throws high with no touch.
Not much pressure on the opposing QB
I truly wondered how long it would take for Pete Carroll to exploit our db's
The same problem getting the plays in early.

New Orleans players have to be excited.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Sep 12, 2010 at 17:45:33 ]
I was expecting poor play from the oline given we have a new center and two rookies.

Keep in mind I've been an alex supporter and I'm not happy at all.

I put the blame 1st on 11.

That first TD catch by Morgan that went ob was 11s fault for throwing too high, the drop by Norris in the EZ was also 11s fault for throwing too high, he over threw Ginn who was ahead of the DB and on a clear run for the EZ.

Towards the end of the came you can see Morgan getting on smith for throwing high and getting them killed.

Coaching would be the next group I get onto.

Why in the hell do you call a to on the 2nd play of the game?

Next would be the secondary. Over aggressiveness killed em.

Pass rush. What pass rush?

I really hope today's game gets all the stupidness out of the team so we can go on and do well.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
Smith has been fine for the most part, he is not the problem, not sue why he is being blamed.

Problem is coaching/playcalling foremost. Then it's our inability to run the ball. Then our defense taking unnecessary risks in coverage, and lack of a pass rush.

While I agree with you abouu play calling/ofensive philosophy, you're wrong about Alex not being to blame.

Both are to blame.

The club had the ball inside the 10 yard line 3 times in the first half and came away with 6 points! The pass to Norris wasn't horrible, but it wasn't the play that was needed. The pass to Morgan was good, but it wasn't complete. The 4th down turnover wasn't good by anyone.

But more importantly, after the tide turned, he wasn't able to rally the team. He didn't take command, he made poor throws. Frankly, when things break down, he is unable to make plays. Steve Young talks repeatedly about how the measure of a quarterback isn't how he executes when things are going well, but how he executes when things are breaking down around him, and on this score Alex fails miserably!
Hello everyone,

I am writing this from my hospital room. I have something called Cystic Fibrosis and had to go into the hospital over kickoff weekend. I was really looking forward to this game thinking it would lift my spirits, but umm, it really did not go as planned. A few things I want to get off my chest:

1. While I am sure Alex Smith is a great guy, I dont feel he can be the qb we need to get back into the playoffs. I have heard all the excuses over the years and even I thought that maybe now with the same OC, that he could learn the system and make the decisions needed to win. Clearly this is not happening. I know about how when he got here we had a bad o-line, Nolan treated him like crap, and he got injured. But nonetheless, it is obvious that this experiment has gone on too long. I am not just saying this because of what happened today, but what has happened over the last few years. Again, I have nothing against him personally. I just feel it is time that both he and the 49ers part ways, after this season.

2. Our OC. Again, nothing personal against the guy. But he runs a very predictable offense and doesnt seem to be able to adjust. Some of the plays he calls in are so vanilla in nature, that it really doesnt fool the defense at all.

3. Our coach. This is hard for me as I really do like him, he is a person of faith and character, and the players look to him as a father-figure. However, our players need a coach who is well prepared for the opposing team and have a game plan to execute as well as make adjustments to at half time if need be. It is one thing to be a motivational speaker, but another to be a coach. He talks too about being physical with a 'F'. And while that sounds good, if we arent prepared with a 'P' and dont use out talent with a 'T' properly, we will end up loosing with a 'L'. Again, i do like the man, but we need to go in a different direction if we dont end up with a winning record this year. And after what I saw today, I have concerns that we wont even reach 8-8. I hope I am wrong.

Again, i dont want to sound like a 'hater' as I do like these guys, but professionally, this is not working out. A new coach, OC, and acquiring a new QB via the draft or trade I think is best. We have waited way too long in relation to Alex and as a result, it has set us back a good 3 years plus. If we dont have a 9-7 record or better at the end of the season, I hope Jed can make the hard decision to turn the page. Especially if he is looking for funding for a new stadium.

This is my first post on the Webzone! I love reading what everyone has to say. It makes these hospitalizations go by a little faster.