LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

seattle game who is at fault

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by znk916:
Lots of blame to go around, but for today and beyond there's no question Raye and Alex take the majority of the blame.

Besides getting in the plays slowly, Raye can't be wasting two critical red zone plays to Moran Norris with Gore/VD/Crabs available. Maybe he's confused and still thinks he has Tony Richardson at fullback...

As for Alex, he gives up on plays way too easily at the first hint of pressure. If someone gets near him, he either rushes a bad throw or rolls out to his right. If you watch any of the better QBs in the league, they all do a much better job of staying alive in the pocket before throwing or rolling out. Not to mention he throws everything high.

Alex Does this every year. Every game. Roll to his right at the slightest bit of pressure. You almost never see side step to buy himself more time in the pocket.

It's always roll to his right, throw out of bounds.

Yes, you noticed that too? Man, it seemed like he did that every snap if he wasn't handing the ball off to Frank. It was almost like we were watching a reply.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by danimal:
Easy. Sing and Clements

We had complete control of this game. And for all the slow people, Alex Smith can only manage games we are in control of.

Sing's fault because he failed to ride out Alex Smith managing a game and Nedney for FG's. Had Sing let Nedney kick the FG's we probably would have controlled the entire game.

Clements fault, because like the moron that he is, he pissed off the zebra's on a failed 3rd down conversion, he begged for a flag and got one, duh who woulda thunka it? For those not paying attention, that is precisely where the game turned

he had every right to be mad on that one he wouldve got a pick 6

then you clearly don't get it either. What we did have in that moment of time was not allowing a single first down!!!!! We were in complete control!!!! A pick 6 was completely uneccessary.

We were well on our way to field goaling seattle to death. Too bad Sing and Clements ego's can't comprehend that.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Who's at fault?

EVERYONE!!

Smith being the QB will get and deserves to get a big chunk of the blame, but everyone out there was at fault for that disgraceful performance.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Who's at fault?

EVERYONE!!

Smith being the QB will get and deserves to get a big chunk of the blame, but everyone out there was at fault for that disgraceful performance.

this

want smiths fault it was everyone this was just a pisspoor performance
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Lots of blame to go around, but for today and beyond there's no question Raye and Alex take the majority of the blame.

Besides getting in the plays slowly, Raye can't be wasting two critical red zone plays to Moran Norris with Gore/VD/Crabs available. Maybe he's confused and still thinks he has Tony Richardson at fullback...

As for Alex, he gives up on plays way too easily at the first hint of pressure. If someone gets near him, he either rushes a bad throw or rolls out to his right. If you watch any of the better QBs in the league, they all do a much better job of staying alive in the pocket before throwing or rolling out. Not to mention he throws everything high.

Alex Does this every year. Every game. Roll to his right at the slightest bit of pressure. You almost never see side step to buy himself more time in the pocket.

Yes, you noticed that too? Man, it seemed like he did that every snap if he wasn't handing the ball off to Frank. It was almost like we were watching a reply.

He does it every game. His pocket presence is simply mediocre, but this was to be expected when you draft a spread offense QB who took no snaps under center in College.

Nolan was too incompetent to accept that.

He does it every game. His pocket presence is simply mediocre, but this was to be expected when you draft a spread offense QB who took no snaps under center in College.

but I give Nolan some credit for wanting to distance himself eventually. I was amazed when Sing hitched himself to Alex Smith knowing all that we know now(which I have known for 5 years)
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

but I give Nolan some credit for wanting to distance himself eventually. I was amazed when Sing hitched himself to Alex Smith knowing all that we know now(which I have known for 5 years)

It all starts at QB, i would be absolutely in favor of trading up to draft a top prospect in this years draft regardless of what happens this season.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by MILFS:
everyone. the team just doesnt have fire.

But our COACH is a motivator- right?
Easy. Sing and Clements

We had complete control of this game. And for all the slow people, Alex Smith can only manage games we are in control of.

Sing's fault because he failed to ride out Alex Smith managing a game and Nedney for FG's. Had Sing let Nedney kick the FG's we probably would have controlled the entire game.

Clements fault, because like the moron that he is, he pissed off the zebra's on a failed 3rd down conversion, he begged for a flag and got one, duh who woulda thunka it? For those not paying attention, that is precisely where the game turned

You are right it was 3rd down and they O was coming back on the field. Insted of letting it go he insisted on complaining about offensive holding and go the BAD call against him instead keeping the drive alive. Clements, next time learn to pick your battles more wisely and live to fight another day!
EVERYBODY FROM TOP TO BOTTOM STUNK!

Easy. Sing and Clements

I agree. There was no reason to whine about that play.. it was punt time for them. At the same time that was such a bad call... I can't even imagine why the ref would call that other than feeling shown up by Clements. The other HUGE letdown moment was the Smith overthrow of Norris.

[ Edited by dtcomposer on Sep 12, 2010 at 18:41:10 ]
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Easy. Sing and Clements

You are right it was 3rd down and they O was coming back on the field. Insted of letting it go he insisted on complaining about offensive holding and go the BAD call against him instead keeping the drive alive. Clements, next time learn to pick your battles more wisely and live to fight another day!

exactly. If it was not for Sing and Clements failure to recognize the momentum of the game, 1st half most assuredly would have ended 12-0 Niners and with ALL of the momentum.
Originally posted by Always49erfan:
Hello everyone,

I am writing this from my hospital room. I have something called Cystic Fibrosis and had to go into the hospital over kickoff weekend. I was really looking forward to this game thinking it would lift my spirits, but umm, it really did not go as planned. A few things I want to get off my chest:

1. While I am sure Alex Smith is a great guy, I dont feel he can be the qb we need to get back into the playoffs. I have heard all the excuses over the years and even I thought that maybe now with the same OC, that he could learn the system and make the decisions needed to win. Clearly this is not happening. I know about how when he got here we had a bad o-line, Nolan treated him like crap, and he got injured. But nonetheless, it is obvious that this experiment has gone on too long. I am not just saying this because of what happened today, but what has happened over the last few years. Again, I have nothing against him personally. I just feel it is time that both he and the 49ers part ways, after this season.

2. Our OC. Again, nothing personal against the guy. But he runs a very predictable offense and doesnt seem to be able to adjust. Some of the plays he calls in are so vanilla in nature, that it really doesnt fool the defense at all.

3. Our coach. This is hard for me as I really do like him, he is a person of faith and character, and the players look to him as a father-figure. However, our players need a coach who is well prepared for the opposing team and have a game plan to execute as well as make adjustments to at half time if need be. It is one thing to be a motivational speaker, but another to be a coach. He talks too about being physical with a 'F'. And while that sounds good, if we arent prepared with a 'P' and dont use out talent with a 'T' properly, we will end up loosing with a 'L'. Again, i do like the man, but we need to go in a different direction if we dont end up with a winning record this year. And after what I saw today, I have concerns that we wont even reach 8-8. I hope I am wrong.

Again, i dont want to sound like a 'hater' as I do like these guys, but professionally, this is not working out. A new coach, OC, and acquiring a new QB via the draft or trade I think is best. We have waited way too long in relation to Alex and as a result, it has set us back a good 3 years plus. If we dont have a 9-7 record or better at the end of the season, I hope Jed can make the hard decision to turn the page. Especially if he is looking for funding for a new stadium.

This is my first post on the Webzone! I love reading what everyone has to say. It makes these hospitalizations go by a little faster.

Hopefully next week's game will give you something to bouy your spirits.

Best wishes!!!

we just got destroyed by a college coach. our oc is a joke, our head coach missed his calling at BAYLOR!!!!!!!! fire both of them NOW because a loser is a loser. by the way, lets pay crabtree now so he can tat up and appear on the outside just like he is on the inside.... a little punk. I'm absolutly sick to my stomach, but I do believe I am right. lol "it will change". NO IT WILL NOT MIKE!!!!!! you are a crap talking loser!!!!!!!!! we need leadership with a higher wonderlic score of 6.
From top to bottom, everybody sucked
Share 49ersWebzone