LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

WOW Steve Young #81 on 100 All Time best Players

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Call it coincidental but funny how they put him at 81 and it was #81 (Owens) who seperated him from being one of best, but one of the greatest qbs of all time with "The Catch".
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Call it coincidental but funny how they put him at 81 and it was #81 (Owens) who seperated him from being one of best, but one of the greatest qbs of all time with "The Catch".

You serious? you can't be serious.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Wow is right. With one Superbowl and a great surrounding cast, he shouldn't be top 100. I dont give a crap what his passer rating was...133.?

So Dan Marino shouldn't even be in the top 200 then, right?

Actually, I think 81 is about right. Remember we are talking about every football player that has ever played the game. There have been a lot of great players over the years.

As far as Marino goes, the key word was "surrounding cast." I dont know that Marino ever had one team with HALF the talent Steve won the Superbowl with.

Why would you assume I think Marino would be top 200? Every player is case by case. How good would Berry Sanders have been if he would of been on a Dallas or Niners?
hmm....I dunno if 81 is too low. Depends on how QB heavy you want your rankings. I think Steve Young deserves to be a top 10 QB, I'd probably put him at #7 or #8.

So I think where is ranked in all players depends on how much more important you think a QB is. Is the #6 or #7 QB better then say the #3 safety of all time?

So for the purpose of argument, who is a better player, Ed Reed or Steve Young?

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 11, 2010 at 15:45:52 ]
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Troy Aikmen just got number 80 best of all time. 1 ahead of Steve youngs 81 this is BULLs**t. Aikmen is not better im sorry others like Starr and Staubauch are going to be ahead of him too which I dnt agree on. At least I know JOE and JERRY will be top 3 or at least should be.
Share 49ersWebzone