LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

NFL live Breaking down the NFC west.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Going to go over the division soon, just a heads up.
It was pretty lame, they basically asked a bunch of lame questions. Like who is the biggest impact player on defense in the div. Mort said Willis, Schefter said Earl Thomas. Who was on the hot seat in the Div. Both said Alex Smith and Schef said he is the scapegoat no matter what happens this year good or bad. Breakout player both said Kalias Campbell DE ARI(sp?). Then they picked Derrick Anderson for something like biggest impact FA. They did some other ones but it was kinda weak. they even picked Mike Williams for some kinda breakout year.

At the end though, both Mort and Schef had us at 10-6 and in the playoffs.

Mort picks

SF 10-6
Ari 9-7
Sea 5-11
STL 4-12

Schefs picks

SF 10-6
Ari 8-8
Sea 7-9
Stl 6-10
Sea
[ Edited by Dominate on Sep 7, 2010 at 1:41 PM ]
Alex Smith is the player on the hot seat.

Derek Anderson, in their opinion, can make the Pro Bowl if he uses his weapons.

And Mort picked Willis to be key defensive player, but Schefter picked Earl Thomas because of his turnover potential.
Call me crazy, but I think the Seahawks are going to be more awful than people think.

I think they'll battle St. Louis for the cellar at around 4-12 each. Not sure how ANYONE sees them as a 7-win team.
Originally posted by HowardStern:
Call me crazy, but I think the Seahawks are going to be more awful than people think.

I think they'll battle St. Louis for the cellar at around 4-12 each. Not sure how ANYONE sees them as a 7-win team.

A miracle would have to happen for them to win 7. They are rebuilding on a massive level.
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:

A miracle would have to happen for them to win 7. They are rebuilding on a massive level.

their defense can still produce turnovers. That will help there out here and there.

I actually think SEA finishes in last...Seattle is in stealth rebuilding mode and will probably be taking Jake Locker next year. STL=6-10, SEA=4-12.

Their best overall draft pick is hurt, their OL coach just quit on them a week ago, they got rid of their best WR, and half of their team is our scrubs. They will be lucky to win 3 games IMO.
I never look forward to any opinion outside of Niners' beat writers when it comes to the NFC West because I'm sure this is how it is during production:

ESPN guy #1: Which Division are we covering today?

ESPN guy #2: The effing NFC West.

ESPN guy #1: Dude, why are you down? This is a piece of cake, we only need to prepare a couple of minutes for this s**t division> let's see, Niners win by default...Patrick Willis, Alex Smith, and no Matt Lienart. Done!

ESPN guy #2: High five!

Agree. That's why you are the voice of reason

Originally posted by global_nomad:

And Mort picked Willis to be key defensive player, but Schefter picked Earl Thomas because of his turnover potential.

The same Derek Anderson that played the Bills in Week 5 last season? It only hurts when I laugh because I started him in my Fantasy Football league that week and he scored me a whopping -1 points. Bad week to have my #1 QB on a bye.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

The same Derek Anderson that played the Bills in Week 5 last season? It only hurts when I laugh because I started him in my Fantasy Football league that week and he scored me a whopping -1 points. Bad week to have my #1 QB on a bye.

You know how we have those 5 INT games that pad our stats?

Man, can't wait for Derek Anderson to show up.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

that was an awful game.

I agree. With all the roster moves that PC did over the weekend, the hawks heads must be spinning.
Originally posted by Dominate:
It was pretty lame, they basically asked a bunch of lame questions. Like who is the biggest impact player on defense in the div. Mort said Willis, Schefter said Earl Thomas. Who was on the hot seat in the Div. Both said Alex Smith and Schef said he is the scapegoat no matter what happens this year good or bad. Breakout player both said Kalias Campbell DE ARI(sp?). Then they picked Derrick Anderson for something like biggest impact FA. They did some other ones but it was kinda weak. they even picked Mike Williams for some kinda breakout year.

At the end though, both Mort and Schef had us at 10-6 and in the playoffs.

Mort picks

SF 10-6
Ari 9-7
Sea 5-11
STL 4-12

Schefs picks

SF 10-6
Ari 8-8
Sea 7-9
Stl 6-10
Sea

they have us winning 10 games? i like it