There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would Brady pass Montana in your mind???

Joe knows Super Bowls!!!!!!!!!!!
bunch of Blind homers here, I swear.

imo, yes Montana is the greatest for what Joe has done as a player.....but to downplay what Brady has done in his career like some are doing in this thread, is just nonsense.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Not a chance... Tom Brady was developed with remarkable advantages from Belichick's foul, cheating ways. How hard is it for a QB to have success when he knows what a defense is gonna do? He gets no love from me, as he didn't have to endure the same development as quarterbacks do.

so true and montana won 2 sb's with no great wr, and 81 he won it with little to no help on offense. Sick! Brady not only choked, he choked WITH MOSS AND WELKER. That never happened with montana, and brady only could put them in position to kick a game winning FG whereas Montana just tore D's apart.
Brady= Great
Montana= God
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by kingairta:
Nope because of the cheating, the "tuck" and Adam Vs foot.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
bunch of Blind homers here, I swear.

imo, yes Montana is the greatest for what Joe has done as a player.....but to downplay what Brady has done in his career like some are doing in this thread, is just nonsense.

I disagree. I think it is important to look at the game as it is, compared to how it was. That is pretty important when comparing players from different eras. Brady is the best of today, but he doesn't touch Montana.
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
Not a chance... Tom Brady was developed with remarkable advantages from Belichick's foul, cheating ways. How hard is it for a QB to have success when he knows what a defense is gonna do? He gets no love from me, as he didn't have to endure the same development as quarterbacks do.

Brady's fans would say that Montana benefitted from no salary cap and Eddie D's spending sprees.

Regardless, Joe won all his superbowls and threw NO INT's. Brady has not won all his superbowls, and I'm pretty sure (but haven't checked) that he's thrown at least 1 INT, someone else can verify. Montana was/is better.
Joe never lost a superbowl

/thread
Meh.

Walsh & Montana could win without cheating by stealing the other team's defensive playcalls.
Originally posted by Shaj:

Brady's fans would say that Montana benefitted from no salary cap and Eddie D's spending sprees.

Regardless, Joe won all his superbowls and threw NO INT's. Brady has not won all his superbowls, and I'm pretty sure (but haven't checked) that he's thrown at least 1 INT, someone else can verify. Montana was/is better.

Other teams also didnt have the salary cap. Also, there aren't any real dynastic teams today like there were back then.
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Other teams also didnt have the salary cap. Also, there aren't any real dynastic teams today like there were back then.

I didn't say I agree with them; I don't. I also don't agree with our own Alexcuses. I'm just saying what excuses they would come up with. All fan bases have their team and player specific excuses, right?

I didn't say I agree with them; I don't. I also don't agree with our own Alexcuses. I'm just saying what excuses they would come up with. All fan bases have their team and player specific excuses, right?

For f#ck's sake Shaj, you used to be capable of discussing different topics. Now all you have are gold diggers, alexcuses, and pooping in public restrooms.
  • Shemp
  • Veteran

For f#ck's sake Shaj, you used to be capable of discussing different topics. Now all you have are gold diggers, alexcuses, and pooping in public restrooms.

I'm trying to keep my life simple these days. I can't be an expert in everything!
Brady is a great HOF qb. But I just think overall Montana was the better player.. Just my opinion.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
People shouldn't comment unless they seen Joe play. I heard someone say Ed Reed was better then Ronnie Lott a while back and I asked him if he seen Ronnie Lott play and he said no only in highlights...............dude was 21 years old. :)