There are 229 users in the forums

2011-2012 PUP/Injuries Update

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really would like to hear some specific updates on our injuries has anyone seen anything?
Brooks-how long will he be out?
Heitmann-is he on track?
Crabtree/Davis-def playing week 1 right?
Staley-is he def ok?

These are some pretty key players anybody got anything?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
From what I understand is Brooks is out.

Crabs and VD are playing I think.

I dunno?
I'm shocked there isn't more injury news out there for us.....even more shocked the zone isn't going crazy w/o the info
All but Heitmann and maybe Brooks are expected to be ready for Week 1 based on what I have read. Davis and Crabtree are definitely ready to go. The coaches wanted them fresh for the regular season and I'm sure that is because they're going to be the biggest parts of the offense behind Gore and Smith.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
All but Heitmann and maybe Brooks are expected to be ready for Week 1 based on what I have read. Davis and Crabtree are definitely ready to go. The coaches wanted them fresh for the regular season and I'm sure that is because they're going to be the biggest parts of the offense behind Gore and Smith.

the VD and Crabtree injuries are the only ones i feel like that have been talked about much. What about Westbrook? Im reallly anxious to see him and Gore in the same backfield and to see how we utilize him. I'm really concerned about Staley the most, I do not want to see our best OL miss any games.
Originally posted by matt49er:

the VD and Crabtree injuries are the only ones i feel like that have been talked about much. What about Westbrook? Im reallly anxious to see him and Gore in the same backfield and to see how we utilize him. I'm really concerned about Staley the most, I do not want to see our best OL miss any games.

nobody wants staley out but we all know sims played better them him at LT last year
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by matt49er:

nobody wants staley out but we all know sims played better them him at LT last year

no way
mattbarrows: The 49ers say they will place Michael Crabtree on the PUP list. Two others also will be PUPed, WR Dominique Zeigler and FB Bruce Miller.

Any ideas why Miller is on this list
You beat my post by seconds.....why is Miller on here???
  • Chief
  • Veteran
All PUP players are ineligible to play or practice for the first six weeks (not games) of the season.
After Week 6, a three-week window opens during which the players can return to practice (while not counting against the 53-man roster). In order to play this season, a PUP player must start practicing during that window. So the earliest a player could begin practicing is Oct. 18 and the latest is Nov. 1.
Once the player starts practicing, a second three-week window opens. At some point during that window, the player must be activated to the 53-man roster or be ineligible to play for the rest of the year. So the earliest a PUP player could be eligible to play is Week 7. The latest is Week 13.

Does this mean they are all out until week 7 or is there a pre-season PUP list?

dammit. why can't Ziggy stay healthy
They can come off any time during training camp. If they start the season on the PUP they will have to miss the first 6 games.
Originally posted by Chief:
All PUP players are ineligible to play or practice for the first six weeks (not games) of the season.
After Week 6, a three-week window opens during which the players can return to practice (while not counting against the 53-man roster). In order to play this season, a PUP player must start practicing during that window. So the earliest a player could begin practicing is Oct. 18 and the latest is Nov. 1.
Once the player starts practicing, a second three-week window opens. At some point during that window, the player must be activated to the 53-man roster or be ineligible to play for the rest of the year. So the earliest a PUP player could be eligible to play is Week 7. The latest is Week 13.

If he's placed on the list before he practices in training camp or preseason he can be activated at any time. If he's put on the list after practicing at all in training camp he has to miss the first 6 weeks.

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Jul 28, 2011 at 20:14:41 ]
Originally posted by Chief:

Per Wiki:

If a player begins training camp on the PUP list, they can be moved to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player is not allowed to be placed on the PUP list if they start training camp on the active roster, even if they take part in only the first few minutes of the first practice.

A player who begins the regular season on the PUP list must sit out his team's first six games. After that point, a team has three weeks to start having the player practice; once the player begins practicing, the team has another three weeks to put the player on the active roster. If the player is not activated by that time, or if he does not begin practicing within that three week window, he must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.[1]
I'd say he's prolly physically unable to perform...
Share 49ersWebzone