LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Any news on Ahmad Brooks?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Is he back practicing from that lacerated kidney?
They said he would be re-evaluated two weeks after it happened and it's been like a month now. Can't call it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thizz75:
They said he would be re-evaluated two weeks after it happened and it's been like a month now. Can't call it.

Yeah, I know I haven't heard anything since.
Last time i heard one of the Matt's say he has been running & stuff on the side fields with Strength coaches. They think he should be ready for the season opener
Ready to fill in for Haralson I hope.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Ready to fill in for Haralson I hope.

Or LaBoy can.
I don't think Brooks will be on the field the first month of the season, just my guess. Good thing we got LaBoy.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Last time i heard one of the Matt's say he has been running & stuff on the side fields with Strength coaches. They think he should be ready for the season opener

I would be surprised if he is active for the opener, maybe week 2 but if LaBoy plays like he did in the pre-season in the Reg season, there will be no rush to get Brooks back until he is completely 100% healthy. My guess is he comes back week 3 or 4 when LaBoy gets hurt (he has a history of getting hurt) or because Haralson continues to struggle.

I hope Brooks can start where he left off late last season. Imagine on 3rd and 9 we got Brooks and LaBoy coming of the edge's and Justin Smith and Ray Mac coming from the inside....
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by tohara3:

I would be surprised if he is active for the opener, maybe week 2 but if LaBoy plays like he did in the pre-season in the Reg season, there will be no rush to get Brooks back until he is completely 100% healthy. My guess is he comes back week 3 or 4 when LaBoy gets hurt (he has a history of getting hurt) or because Haralson continues to struggle.

I hope Brooks can start where he left off late last season. Imagine on 3rd and 9 we got Brooks and LaBoy coming of the edge's and Justin Smith and Ray Mac coming from the inside....

this.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
MB - 9/6
Quote:
Brooks, however, won't be available Sunday in Seattle and may not be ready against the Saints. Singletary said rookie linebacker NaVorro Bowman could fill in at "Mike" linebacker but that coaches want him to concentrate on learning the "Ted" linebacker position that Takeo Spikes plays. So what if something were to happen to Patrick Willis, the "Mike" linebacker in a game? "Don't know what the scenario would be right now," Singletary said. "Hopefully we're not talking about that."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/brooks-kidney-p.html#ixzz0ymnuDQ46
[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 6, 2010 at 2:56 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
MM - 9/6
Quote:
But Brooks is not expected to be available until at earliest the second game. He is scheduled to be examined later in the week. He hopes to return to full practice next week and suit up for the 49ers' Monday night game, Sept. 20, against the New Orleans Saints.

Read more: 49ers Notebook: Brooks Targets Week 2 Return
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
  • 9r4lf
Too bad, he was really com'n on too.
Likely Game 1 Inactives:

CB Adams (coaches decision)
OT Boone (coaches decision)
CB Brock (coaches decision)
LB BROOKS (kidney)
OC Heitmann (leg)
CB James (pubic bone)
QB T. Smith (coaches decision)
WR Williams (toe)
Originally posted by jimbagg: