There are 44 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who should wear #24 now?

Dude, how old are you? Kezar? You were at the catch? Were you at the parting of the Red Sea too? LOL. Joking. Classic pix.
mays dixion retire craigs number already spencer so he can give his number to westbrook
Originally posted by NinerNation:
mays dixion retire craigs number already spencer so he can give his number to westbrook

f**k that Westbrook aint getting s**t! Spencer = 49er Westbrook = FA
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by JedYork:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Originally posted by 209ers:
mays did say that he wanted #24

This

Agree.


yess.. why not?!

bet most of you didn't that RONNIE LOTT wore #24 during training camp and preseason of the 1981 season, then of course changed it to his familiar #42 (someone probably had it then got cut, making the number Lott wore @ USC available). I know i've seen a rare photo of Lott in the #24 jersey sitting on the sidelines along with fellow rookies Eric Wright and Carlton Williamson during an '81 preseason game...

I thinks its only appropriate both for the Lott and Willie references that Mays takes over the number.

Here's Ronnie in #24 at Family Photo Day in the summer of '81 (@ Kezar).




Thanks for the backup IWAS, (though one can;t really see the number on Lott's jersey there, lol). I'm pretty sure I saw that picture of Lott and the other "Hot Licks" aka the three rookie DBs of '81 in the 49ers 50th Anniversary book by Glenn Dickey.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,077
Is anyone going to take it? You figure it'd be taken by now.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Is anyone going to take it? You figure it'd be taken by now.

27 is availbe too
If Mays switches to 24 ill be pissed off since I got the #23 Mays jersey already
Has there any good athletes on the niners that had #24? All I know is that Mike Rumph and Mike Rumph didn't have exactly stellar careers as niners. Don't want to jinx Mays or Dixon.
Originally posted by juicyjay504:
If Mays switches to 24 ill be pissed off since I got the #23 Mays jersey already



Lol that would suck!
Originally posted by prime21:
Darrel Revis



Oh but then I woke up.
  • cools
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,326
Originally posted by WildBill:
Has there any good athletes on the niners that had #24? All I know is that Mike Rumph and Mike Rumph didn't have exactly stellar careers as niners. Don't want to jinx Mays or Dixon.

Delvin Williams was fun to watch

i too would like to see Mays in 24
Brian Jennings

  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,809
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Harry Sydney

Please, I would like to forget when the likes of Keith Henderson, Sydney, Dexter Carter, and Derrick Loville were our running backs. I almost threw Terry Kirby in there, but he at least made a few plays now and then.
Maybe Kobe would be interested in playing some TE for us?