LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

This is Singletary's Team -- Don't call it a youth movement.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
“People look at it and say, ‘Oh, it’s a youth movement.’ No, it’s not. It’s a football player movement. It’s a trying-to-get-better-as-a-team movement.”

-- Mike Singletary

Damn, I think I'm getting a serious man-crush on Singletary.

Anyone else feel like maybe Sing is on to something with this team?
He's got cojones cutting a previous team captain.
Originally posted by altadenaniner:
“People look at it and say, ‘Oh, it’s a youth movement.’ No, it’s not. It’s a football player movement. It’s a trying-to-get-better-as-a-team movement.”

-- Mike Singletary

He plays and keeps the best players on the team, regardless of age or salary.
He also has a way playing politics through the press to light a fire under a player's ass. I've never seen a coach play that game so well since... The Big Tuna, and we all know he was the frickin' man. I'm impressed, very impressed.
I don't care what he calls it or what he says to the press. Just WIN Sing, just WIN. Bravado and self confidence is fine if you are winning. If not Sing will very soon be the West Coast Rex Ryan. Which means just another loud mouth loser on an overrated team.

Not saying he is or we are yet, just saying he better win.

-- Mike Singletary

Yeah, he knows this is football and his ass is on the line, he has this year and maybe next to create a winning team, damn right he is going to pick his on players, he knows what up.
a lot of teams get good and then get old fast. So, the philosophy around the structure seems pretty sound. There's a decent mix of experience and youth, and our depth is looking good. I hope it all pans out how Sing and front office envision it. They definitely have a plan.

For some reason this is what this thread reminds me of

Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Originally posted by jreff22:
For some reason this is what this thread reminds me of

An oiled up LL Cool J?
Originally posted by OldSchool49er:
I don't care what he calls it or what he says to the press. Just WIN Sing, just WIN. Bravado and self confidence is fine if you are winning. If not Sing will very soon be the West Coast Rex Ryan. Which means just another loud mouth loser on an overrated team.

Not saying he is or we are yet, just saying he better win.

rex "the hutt" ryan can ONLY DREAM of being an EAST COAST Mike Singletary!!!!

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

-- Mike Singletary

He plays and keeps the best players on the team, regardless of age or salary.

Agree. Go Singletary!
Share 49ersWebzone