LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 174 users in the forums

The 49ers are the first

Shop Find 49ers gear online
team in the NFL to cut down to 53 players......I know what you guys are thinking so what? I feel this means our coaches have a great grasp on whats going on and are focused on the regular season. Or does this mean we had sh*t players and cuts were easy?

http://www.nfl.com/transactions
CHAMPIONSHIP!
As pointless as this thread. I don't see any advantage.
It means we have our own system. WE don't have a GM that has the final say. So my guess is the coaches have been taking more ownership of the cuts, because they have a bigger say, so after last night things were pretty much set.

They weren't waiting for a GM to make the call.
its clearly alex smith's fault. he doesn't lead his receivers enough.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its probably better to be last because then you already know who is available.
Shows that we have class. Gives these guys more time to find another job or maybe make a team in some fashion or another. I wish them the best.. except Paymah.
Keep it classy San Francisco.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
It means we have our own system. WE don't have a GM that has the final say. So my guess is the coaches have been taking more ownership of the cuts, because they have a bigger say, so after last night things were pretty much set.

yea that definitely makes sense bro...... I wonder if McBlunder was here, would it be different
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Shows that we have class. Gives these guys more time to find another job or maybe make a team in some fashion or another. I wish them the best.. except Paymah.
Keep it classy San Francisco.

Yeah, 'classy' is the path to the SB
In the end it's meaningless if you cut early or later. Where's the evidence that cutting players at the first possible opportunity resulted in the team gaining a advantage? I can't recall one.

Originally posted by susweel:
Its probably better to be last because then you already know who is available.
I would have to agree to this. The staff should follow what teams like the Pats do. It even looked liked there starting offense took the field... Something the niners didn't even consider, even though Gore and Smith wanted all the starters on the field together.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by imoDvoris:

Originally posted by imoDvoris:

Originally posted by global_nomad:

Yeah, we don't have that douchebag drunk around anymore to make us keep guys like Robinson and Wallace on the team cause his ego will get hurt since he had drafted them.
I'm a little curious about this actually. Did Singletary mention anything about the timing today? Is it meant to be some sort of a courtesy to the players, or is there a player personnel strategy behind this?

The Cardinals and Steelers were the only other teams to make significant cuts today.
Share 49ersWebzone