LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1, 2010)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
This issue about the whole not getting plays into Alex within the time is infuriating. I don't get it... So when Jimmy Raye is picking a play does he like wait to see if the play works and then thinks about the next one? WTF. Dude should have plays ready to go after he picks his play. One if the play doesn't work (air and ground) and one if the play does work (air and ground). I just don't understand.

Another observation that really worried me is that there was NO urgency? What the f**k was that about? Alex is walking slowly to the line of scrimmage....

And what was with the punt when it was 4th and 9 and we're in their side of the 50? We'll gamble for 4th when we can get much needed for sure points in the 1st quarter but down 22 with 12 minutes left we punt? Jimmy Raye doesn't have a play that is over 9 yards?

God this was a horrible and worrying game.

I think it takes so long cause raye is waiting for madden to get to play calling screen so he can see what madden suggest.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
I'd bench Crabtree at this point. Start Morgan and Ginn, with Ziegler as the #3....make Crabs earn his PT back in practice.

I need to see some serious maturity from Crabtree.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I'd bench Crabtree at this point. Start Morgan and Ginn, with Ziegler as the #3....make Crabs earn his PT back in practice.

I wish we had a bench here at the WZ, so we can bench you.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:
This team failed, miserably at all levels. The worst happened. The team is already built and we have to rebound next week.

Same issues again plagued us
Alex
Play calling
Game management
CBs
OL

I am a die hard optimist, but even this game felt like a kick in the nuts! Right now, we are the laughing stock of the NFL because all eye were on us and we got absolutely obliterated to a weaker team.
I am damn so sad that alex smith had no fun to play games!! I am so angry cuz he is soo sux again!! and Gore is may sux too!!
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
This issue about the whole not getting plays into Alex within the time is infuriating. I don't get it... So when Jimmy Raye is picking a play does he like wait to see if the play works and then thinks about the next one? WTF. Dude should have plays ready to go after he picks his play. One if the play doesn't work (air and ground) and one if the play does work (air and ground). I just don't understand.

Another observation that really worried me is that there was NO urgency? What the f**k was that about? Alex is walking slowly to the line of scrimmage....

And what was with the punt when it was 4th and 9 and we're in their side of the 50? We'll gamble for 4th when we can get much needed for sure points in the 1st quarter but down 22 with 12 minutes left we punt? Jimmy Raye doesn't have a play that is over 9 yards?

I think it takes so long cause raye is waiting for madden to get to play calling screen so he can see what madden suggest.

His assistant has to wake him up because he falls asleep every 45 seconds.

But in all seriousness, Alex's post-game interview... he swallowed his obvious fury about the fact that the plays aren't coming in. How does our coaching staff continue to have this problem? What did they think when it's not preseason, they'd choose the play faster.

Like I've said before -- Jimmy Raye could be the worst OC we've had. Worse than Hostler. Yeah, I said it. But we do okay, you say? Well I think that the actual talent level masks the fact that the play-calling is an abomination. How many times did Alex Smith throw over 15 yards (please don't say he can't throw over 15 yards, I'm saying look at this from a game-planning standpoint)? You throw less than 10 yards every f**king down, the defense starts to play compact, 8 in the box, and you STILL don't try to capitalize? We have the weapons to go deep. I can't believe we didn't we try a 3 WR 2 RB with Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Westbrook, and Gore. We have players to make a defense crazy but when we're playing HB Dive, FB Dive, 8 yard out and that's it -- nobody is getting fooled. ONE TIME WE USED A SLANT , ONE TIME there was an in route past 10 yards. It's sickening. Absolutely sickening to watch. Sorry for the rant. When we ran a draw play down 22 with 9 minutes left I wanted to throw my controller into the TV screen.

But in all seriousness, Alex's post-game interview... he swallowed his obvious fury about the fact that the plays aren't coming in. How does our coaching staff continue to have this problem? What did they think when it's not preseason, they'd choose the play faster.

Like I've said before -- Jimmy Raye could be the worst OC we've had. Worse than Hostler. Yeah, I said it. But we do okay, you say? Well I think that the actual talent level masks the fact that the play-calling is an abomination. How many times did Alex Smith throw over 15 yards (please don't say he can't throw over 15 yards, I'm saying look at this from a game-planning standpoint)? You throw less than 10 yards every f**king down, the defense starts to play compact, 8 in the box, and you STILL don't try to capitalize? We have the weapons to go deep. I can't believe we didn't we try a 3 WR 2 RB with Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Westbrook, and Gore. We have players to make a defense crazy but when we're playing HB Dive, FB Dive, 8 yard out and that's it -- nobody is getting fooled. ONE TIME WE USED A SLANT , ONE TIME there was an in route past 10 yards. It's sickening. Absolutely sickening to watch. Sorry for the rant. When we ran a draw play down 22 with 9 minutes left I wanted to throw my controller into the TV screen.

Raye was overthrowing the play calls and Alex could not catch them. Alex should have been able to stretch out and come up with them.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Raye was overthrowing the play calls and Alex could not catch them. Alex should have been able to stretch out and come up with them.

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Wow. In absolutely no way am I defending Alex's poor play. He looked like s**t. He should have hit Ted Ginn for that touchdown without a doubt. He overthrew everyone, yes. He looked lost and scared and like a high schooler. But thanks for talking about the play-calling.
westbrook had a strained hamstring for those people asking where was westbrook

Gore 38 yards rushing, thanks to no help from the OLINE

Hell yes and to add to players that should be benched, I know Nate got an INT today but did anyone else notice he got schooled today by Mike Williams. The former USC bust, that good mooch fired, I have been out of football the last 2 years Mike Williams.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
We will crush them
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
We will crush them

they crushed us actually...
even if gore?
Share 49ersWebzone