There are 384 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1, 2010)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
In all seriousness guys...............

we are going to kick the living s**t out of them.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:

I'm a diehard Niner fan too but I never f**king dream about them. You guys are weird.

It's really rare that I dream about a game. But yeah, it is kinda strange.. I was pissed off in my dream due to the lack of offense and then when they panned to Jimmy Raye I lost it..
This is all set-up for us to win this game. Seahawks O-line coach retires a week before the game; Russell Okung is out; LeRoy Hill is suspended. We HAVE to win this game, no questions asked. If it was at home I would say we win by at least 2 touchdowns but crowd noise will be a factor but we can take them right out if we open up with a nice 10 play drive and score a TD!
We shall see if our secondary are contenders or pretenders. Only way they win is if their passing game hits on all cylinders.
The key is just stick to OUR game no matter what mistakes may happen. I forsee mistakes, but we will overcome them. Adversity is the key to success there especially with their sixth-man and their impact on Davis and Iupati.

That place is going to be loud at the beginning, deafening at that. The players will be on a serious high, amping them more than usual giving them the slight edge physically to begin. They will wear down once we have success and continue building momentum.

That momentum will carry into the second half where we will get to practice our running game and completely wear down their D as their O will have great difficulty against our D especially with the OL in such a state of flux and its mentor flying the coop. This doesn't bode well for Seattle.

Again, we just need to focus on our game and not get rattled. We do that. We should win handedly.

Go 49ers!
They are going to get a good dose of Gore and Dixon. I'm thinking it's a conservation game plan to help the 2 rookie linemen lessen the exposer of pass blocking.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
They are going to get a good dose of Gore and Dixon. I'm thinking it's a conservation game plan to help the 2 rookie linemen lessen the exposer of pass blocking.

Don't be surprised to see Ginn make some plays given they want to test Thomas and I hope so!

I see his talent, but he struggled in preseason even with that interception gimme. He just can't tackle the big backs and struggled against bigger WRs like Morgan or better yet, Vernon Davis.

I believe Davis will be making a highlight reel of Earl Thomas in this game. Can you see it, seriously? I mean, here's VD at 255+, 6'3" and just as fast as 5'10", 208 FS covering him? I can see that all day my Niner friends. Or just have Iupati clear a hole and watch Thomas get a stiff arm from each of our backs before the day's done.

With all the hoopla about the O, how about our D against a weak OL. The D must be lickin' their chops at a crack at this unit especially at their house. There is nothing like taking the voice out of the fan base with great play. I just don't see Seattle being able to sustain any consistency in drives which will give us more opportunities on offense.

Me likey our chance to kill them in this game and send a message!

If we win the toss, do we defer and let our more experienced defense take the field first? To take the air out of the crowd, let our offense settle in before they take the field.

Or does Singletary go for it. Throw the Offense out there immediately and start wearing out Seattle's d line. I do have some worry about our 20 yr old RT and the effect of that 12th man/crowd noise on him.

First play on offense? Gore off LG. Let Iupati and Staley make a hole, then watch out. I expect Gore to have a big day.

Seattle's gonna be amped up at first, for sure. And Mike Williams has looked like a different guy at WR for them. He's BIG and has good hands, tho not the fastest guy in the NFL. Clements should be a perfect matchup on him--play him physical and up in his grill, take him out of his game.

BTW, anybody watch the Oakland/Seattle preseason replay? Balmer get ANY playing time? I watched a little, off and on, but never saw him.
[ Edited by oldninerdude on Sep 5, 2010 at 1:06 PM ]
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
If we win the toss, do we defer and let our more experienced defense take the field first? To take the air out of the crowd, let our offense settle in before they take the field.

Or does Singletary go for it. Throw the Offense out there immediately and start wearing out Seattle's d line. I do have some worry about our 20 yr old RT and the effect of that 12th man/crowd noise on him.

First play on offense? Gore off LG. Let Iupati and Staley make a hole, then watch out. I expect Gore to have a big day.

Seattle's gonna be amped up at first, for sure. And Mike Williams has looked like a different guy at WR for them. He's BIG and has good hands, tho not the fastest guy in the NFL. Clements should be a perfect matchup on him--play him physical and up in his grill, take him out of his game.

BTW, anybody watch the Oakland/Seattle preseason replay? Balmer get ANY playing time? I watched a little, off and on, but never saw him.

Great point!

Given Singletary's history, deferring is not unlike a possibility given the circumstance. I can see it and it would make total sense giving our O the ball first in the second half and allowing our D to set the tone with their opening drive...Can you see a three and out?

It would completely deflate the audience and make it easier for Davis and Iupati when it comes to our turn.

At least I can hope...
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Don't be surprised to see Ginn make some plays given they want to test Thomas and I hope so!

I see his talent, but he struggled in preseason even with that interception gimme. He just can't tackle the big backs and struggled against bigger WRs like Morgan or better yet, Vernon Davis.

I believe Davis will be making a highlight reel of Earl Thomas in this game. Can you see it, seriously? I mean, here's VD at 255+, 6'3" and just as fast as 5'10", 208 FS covering him? I can see that all day my Niner friends. Or just have Iupati clear a hole and watch Thomas get a stiff arm from each of our backs before the day's done.

With all the hoopla about the O, how about our D against a weak OL. The D must be lickin' their chops at a crack at this unit especially at their house. There is nothing like taking the voice out of the fan base with great play. I just don't see Seattle being able to sustain any consistency in drives which will give us more opportunities on offense.

Me likey our chance to kill them in this game and send a message!

Yeah, there's a good chance for us to have a couple of big plays during the game. Everyone sees us as the same offense from last year. But I think we will be more balance this year. We added just enough talent to the offense to keep the defenses busy and give up a few big plays.

Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Great point!

Given Singletary's history, deferring is not unlike a possibility given the circumstance. I can see it and it would make total sense giving our O the ball first in the second half and allowing our D to set the tone with their opening drive...Can you see a three and out?

It would completely deflate the audience and make it easier for Davis and Iupati when it comes to our turn.
At least I can hope...

That is my thinking as well.

However, given Singletary's straight ahead, damn the torpedos style, if we win the toss, I could see him taking the ball and "testing" the Offense right off the bat.

So far, I've been pleasantly surprised with how well the oline has played, and what a huge difference it makes to the run game as well as the passing game. The Seattle game will be a test for them, but that's why they pay'em the big bucks! I hope they kick *ss and take names!
is anyone else afraid mike rob is going to get revenge and have a career game against us 6 carries for 13 yards?
Ulbrich, McCloughan and now MRob may be sharing some "tips" next week with Pete Carroll and the staff.
Originally posted by znk916:
is anyone else afraid mike rob is going to get revenge and have a career game against us 6 carries for 13 yards?

Leaving SF on Friday to SEATTLE for 3 days... Front Row Seats in QUEST FIELD... 12TH man on the field my ASS... LETS GO NINERS!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone