LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Solari's OL changes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So obviously we can all tell that our OL is playing much better than last year already. Solari is known for his zone blocking schemes, which I don't think we were using before.

Has anyone noticed a difference in how our OL plays? To me it looks the same, just looks like their dropping back, so I can't tell if we've switched schemes. Do you think our OL has picked up the zone blocking scheme and are executing it well?
wtf does this have to do with vd and crabs

Originally posted by znk916:

Dancing locks should be banned.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

This.

And "This" should be banned, too
Originally posted by BSacamano:
So obviously we can all tell that our OL is playing much better than last year already. Solari is known for his zone blocking schemes, which I don't think we were using before.

Has anyone noticed a difference in how our OL plays? To me it looks the same, just looks like their dropping back, so I can't tell if we've switched schemes. Do you think our OL has picked up the zone blocking scheme and are executing it well?

I think they are not only more talented now, but better prepared.
I saw more stretch runs to the edge than ever in the game plan, but most of the blocking schemes appear to be man blocking rather than zone. It is preseason and the play selection is most likely not indicative of what we will see come the start of the regular season.
Solari does OIL Changes

Originally posted by HowardStern:

This.

And "" should be banned as well.

Have you ever tried to smile and wink at the same time? It's just not right!
[ Edited by TheVoiceOfReason on Sep 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM ]
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Solari does OIL Changes

thats what i am saying
Originally posted by BSacamano:

I think they are not only more talented now, but better prepared.

The preparation is 10x better. I'm excited for the season opener to see how well it has paid off.
[ Edited by TheVoiceOfReason on Sep 1, 2010 at 4:29 PM ]

Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Originally posted by HowardStern:

This.

And "" should be banned as well.

Have you ever tried to smile and wink at the same time? It's just not right!

I never thought of that! It is rather unnatural.

You really are the "Voice of Reason".
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I saw more stretch runs to the edge than ever in the game plan, but most of the blocking schemes appear to be man blocking rather than zone. It is preseason and the play selection is most likely not indicative of what we will see come the start of the regular season.

That jives with what I've been seeing, Golitta.

Without the benefit of watching replays, I haven't noticed a big increase in the tell tale cut blocks of a zone scheme. Again, I've only watched the preseason games in realtime, so there's every chance that I'm way off base.

I think you're absolutely right, regarding the stretch runs. The left side is getting a good jump and making the space needed for the pull to get where it needs to go, and subsequently our backs have been able to turn the left corner quite consistently. But that's not entirely new. By mid-season last year, Coffee was regularly turning the left corner for useful yardage.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Sep 1, 2010 at 6:02 PM ]
Quite a bit of cut blocks going on, gents.

Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

That jives with what I've been seeing, Golitta.

Without the benefit of watching replays, I haven't noticed a big increase in the tell tale cut blocks of a zone scheme. Again, I've only watched the preseason games in realtime, so there's every chance that I'm way off base.

I think you're absolutely right, regarding the stretch runs. The left side is getting a good jump and making the space needed for the pull to get where it needs to go, and subsequently our backs have been able to turn the left corner quite consistently. But that's not entirely new. By mid-season last year, Coffee was regularly turning the left corner for useful yardage.

I'm excited about testing the edges, if we can consistently get outside it will force teams to set their edges deeper and wider, and that opens up all those middle runs. Last season we were balanced between run and pass, but our run game was too focused on running between the tackles.
Share 49ersWebzone