LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Surprised Morgan has.......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by keeferr75:
morgan> gillmore, aging bruce, r.marshall, brandon lloyd, b. jones, battle, c wilson, maxwell, a bryant, jackson, lelie, ect. so what's the deal!

let's all hope the best for him, his STYLE fits the current niners offense. i'm glad he's a niner!!

Would agree for all except first year of bruce, and definitely bryant. But yeah we have had a ton of terrible WRs.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Most of those are probably from the preseason...

Actually none of those clips were from preseason.

-9fA

Apparently they took multiple years of play and consolidated it into one highlight clip. I'm not impressed. I watch the games and he is slow, tips the ball into the air and drops too many. He's not impressive at all. A terribe #2 IMO. Would be a #3 or #4 on good WR teams IMO.

Nice job of trying to find a way to hate after your first attempt failed...

actually that first clip after the intro. didnt he just drop an easy TD? "it came down like a punt coach."

*giggle*
potential but has to get more swagger and come through
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

I don't think a single highlight was from preseason

It wasn't. Since when do we play Division opponents in the Preseason?

You all see that 51+ yarder that Alex threw into traffic? Ahhh but I forgot he's not accurate deep and won't throw into traffic.

I'm not saying that Morgan is that good, but here we are again. How is it that we get a Receiver who shows us a look at what he's capable of early on only to have them fail in epic fashion. There is a reason for this and it's not because they suck imho. There should be no way that every player we get at one position sucks as much as we're being led to believe. One or two years makes sense when you're rebuilding. But this is going on 6 years now. And that to me is a BIG problem.

~Ceadder
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Don't forget we snagged him in the 6th round.

I'm pleased with how he has produced.

He's only going to get better.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

I don't think a single highlight was from preseason

It wasn't. Since when do we play Division opponents in the Preseason?

You all see that 51+ yarder that Alex threw into traffic? Ahhh but I forgot he's not accurate deep and won't throw into traffic.

I'm not saying that Morgan is that good, but here we are again. How is it that we get a Receiver who shows us a look at what he's capable of early on only to have them fail in epic fashion. There is a reason for this and it's not because they suck imho. There should be no way that every player we get at one position sucks as much as we're being led to believe. One or two years makes sense when you're rebuilding. But this is going on 6 years now. And that to me is a BIG problem.

~Ceadder

Crabtree looks great and so does Vernon Davis. So I don't want to hear an Alex Smith argument... Morgan is the only one who looks like he sucks becuase he does...
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
nice highlights.....alot of people were very high on Morgan after his first year.......

its just that his speed that concerns me, some of yall might have forgot...but if he would have got that TD vs the Falcons it would have been 14-7 but he didn't score...next play we had to use a timeout to get Coffee on the field....and then I believe didn't convert a 4th down or something happened and we didn't score.....

and then the Falcons put us away....
YES its still pisses me off how he quit on that falcon play. I was at the game and when i saw he quit and prevented us from gaining momentum instead of wasting a TO and scoring on a run play and maybe winning the game is was heated and hated him all year for that.
[ Edited by Axl49 on Sep 1, 2010 at 1:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
nice highlights.....alot of people were very high on Morgan after his first year.......

its just that his speed that concerns me, some of yall might have forgot...but if he would have got that TD vs the Falcons it would have been 14-7 but he didn't score...next play we had to use a timeout to get Coffee on the field....and then I believe didn't convert a 4th down or something happened and we didn't score.....

and then the Falcons put us away....
YES its still pisses me off how he quit on that falcon play. I was at the game and when i saw he quit and prevented us from gaining momentum instead of wasting a TO and scoring on a run play and maybe winning the game is was heated and hated him all year for that.

He didn't quit, he just didn't realize how close the other guy was. Did you see the closing speed of that guy? It was reminiscent of when Willis chased down that Cardinal Receiver to save what would have been a sure TD. There was NOBODY around Morgan and the guy was hotfooting it for the End Zone. The other guy was just faster and had the angle to get him. In any event it was a shoestring tackle that tripped Morgan up. It was NOT a full wrap. Thereby Morgan did NOT give up on the play. If you saw him give up you need to have your eyes checked.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
actually that first clip after the intro. didnt he just drop an easy TD? "it came down like a punt coach."

*giggle*

That's Jason Hill smart guy.

"The Pass came down like a Punt" ~Jason Hill

Seriously though, do you have a better description of Hill's Passes?

I consider it dead on accurate.

~Ceadder

it seems to me there are several catches in that video that he is not using his body. he is catching the ball with his hands quite well. watch the catch where he snatches the ball right out of the air in the middle of the field.

I also like his ability to shed tackles after the catch and turn up field for yac

*giggle*

~Ceadder

wait, 9ertalk laughs at me for my "fail" but yall let MR. get away with this...?

you fail too Ceadder!
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 1, 2010 at 4:43 AM ]

*giggle*

~Ceadder

FAIYULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Josh Morgan is the one who said "it came down like a punt"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8133b564/Sound-FX-49ers-tough-love
FAIYULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Originally posted by valrod33:

*giggle*

~Ceadder

FAIYULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Josh Morgan is the one who said "it came down like a punt"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8133b564/Sound-FX-49ers-tough-love
FAIYULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

lol
I'm not saying he is going to stink it up or surprise everyone and have a breakout year, but I have never seen a receiver do this little and get as many consecutive "sleeper" label years as Morgan.

49ers' Josh Morgan could be a 'sleeper'
Share 49ersWebzone