There are 260 users in the forums

Anthony Davis has improved

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
From the first game against Indy and going up against Mathis he really struggled. The last few games it looks like he has improved a great deal. I think the coaches and him are making the proper adjustments for him to be successful. It's really a good sign so far, hopefully he keeps improving into the regular season.
Davis will be fine, although I hope he gets those false starts under control before Seattle
We have an o-line coach that isn't s**t, finally. Now on to get Jerry Rice as our WR coach!
Originally posted by znk916:

Originally posted by susweel:
From the first game against Indy and going up against Mathis he really struggled. The last few games it looks like he has improved a great deal. I think the coaches and him are making the proper adjustments for him to be successful. It's really a good sign so far, hopefully he keeps improving into the regular season.

Agree & hope he continues to play well.
both davis and iupati are still jumpy but that will go away the more comfortable they get.

by the way i hope everybody saw it was iupati's key block that freed gore for that monster run last night.
With his athleticism the improvement isn't a huge surprise. It's great to see it coming so rapidly. I've heard (I'm not a football guy just a fan) the switch from left to right tackle isn't all that easy and add into that going from college to the NFL makes it even tougher. He's young even for a rookie so I'm sure there was some concern that it might take him longer.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
We have an o-line coach that isn't s**t, finally. Now on to get Jerry Rice as our WR coach!

AMEN Brother!!!! I am hunting for Jerry Sullivan's coaching spot this year unless our WR's are top 5. I'm still pissed that Nolan would allow Rice to sign vet min to truly retire on roster
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
both davis and iupati are still jumpy but that will go away the more comfortable they get.

by the way i hope everybody saw it was iupati's key block that freed gore for that monster run last night.

and on that failed 3rd and 1 it was Iupati that fell down in front of Dixon.

Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

and on that failed 3rd and 1 it was Iupati that fell down in front of Dixon.

negative nancy
I think both rookies are looking really good considering. Davis especially has played well the last 2 games.
How long should we give an O-lineman to mature in this league? 3 years? Hes coming along just fine for the time being.
It's too bad BillBird pronounced him a "bust" after OTA'S. What he does here on out does not matter for Davis, because if you struggle in OTA'S, you're CLEARLY not going to have a good NFL career. Don't look at me, BillBird said it.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I think both rookies are looking really good considering. Davis especially has played well the last 2 games.

Imagine how good the O-line could be by the end of the season? Smith will have the time he needs and all these weapons to choose from:

Gore
Westbrook
Dixon
Crabtree
Ginn
Morgan
Ziegler
Williams
Davis
Walker
Byham

Share 49ersWebzone