There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your impressions from game 3

The 9ers won, +. They cracked Campell, +. Willis was a beast, + O-line, +. Gore goes off with 2 carries, +. Secondary, -. Offense calling to many T.O.s -. Penaltys, -. QB play ehhh. Over all. Need to work out some wrinkles. But a win will do.
Originally posted by GoGetit:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Considering the offense was missing our main weapons, I felt Smith and offense played better than I expected and was productive, especially with clock management. I believe they owned TOP in the 2nd quarter. And btw, Delanie Walker is a luxurious threat for a backup TE.

I am not concerned at all with the defense. Pre-season comes with no game-planning and once Manusky and this defense is focused on a game plan. They can frustrate QB's such as Peyton Manning last season where they had to go to a trick play to get a score. But I can't lie, M. Lewis is starting to concern me.

Do you have time to explain? As far as I remember Lewis was beat on one play and that was against Zach Miller. Zach Miller is a very good player and was the Gaiders leading reciever last year. Lewis was in position, he just got out muscled by a very big TE. Who would you say is a better option? Reggie "I just got burned with 40 seconds left on the clock" Smith or Taylor "Still raw rookie looking for a big hit, but hasn't done squat" Mays? Lewis in my opinion is the least of our problems until his next concussion.

Mays should start

Why?
My question as I watch this game.....

Is this really the way david carr plays? I feel like the niners' are playing a joke on us?

It really is hard for me to understand how Carr beat out Davis.

I know protection calls are important, but so is moving your offense, and giving your team a chance to win. Carr just benefited from a good team...
I know it was against a pourous secondary, but Heyward-Bey actually looked pretty good. He looked fast, had a few clutch catches that went for first downs, and seemed to have pretty crisp routes.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
D-Line has looked mediocre. Especially against the Oakland offensive line.

Our D-line always look weak during the Preseason.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
D-Line has looked mediocre. Especially against the Oakland offensive line.

Our D-line always look weak during the Preseason.

Sometimes when some position looks weak, you have to go back and look carefully to fully figure out why.

We gave up a touchdown run, but they ran right at the only open slot on the line. We were out schemed on that one.

The Raiders were in max protect pretty often, we also rushed only three lineman at times, included DHB's big first down completion. I am not a big fan of the 3 lineman rush.

McDonald and Smith were still pretty good at applying pressure. There was nothing really out of the ordinary. RJF and Soap were solid and are dominant in the run when single blocked. The Raiders made some excellent throws and made some big plays on us. They made the right play calls at the right time too.
Despite this, we were the ones with the big lead at halftime don't forget.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

Is this really the way david carr plays? I feel like the niners' are playing a joke on us?

I know protection calls are important, but so is moving your offense, and giving your team a chance to win. Carr just benefited from a good team...

That's how I feel too.

You mean Carr benefited from some good runs by the RB's.

I am not sold on the choice of Carr as the backup.
For all the criticismWRT Carr, he did lead the game winning drive...and when it came time for him to get a key 1st down with his legs, he got the job done (as opposed to Davis). He also got the 2-pt conversion...so, to me, it's the results that count a lot more than stats. BL: he got the job done. I don't argue that Davis has a lot of talent...but that doesn't mean he's ready to step in should Alex go down. Carr has a starter's experience...and that counts for a lot. Nate may have his day at some point...but he admitted Coach was right...he hasn't put in enough time to sharpen his game to the point it needs to be.