There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your impressions from game 3

What i like the most is how comfortable Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati look. I want them to get a bunch more reps in the next game too. As the season goes on, our O-Line is gonna be nasty!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
''Ow...my neck......my back......my neck and my back! Help me Al Davis! I'm suing for a hundred and thirty MILLION!.........or......We can settle this for only 7 milli.''

''waaahhhhhhh waaaahhhh teh refs are on the niners' side, Rice is the 4th raider to enter the Hall of fame, along with Ronnie Lott. Waaaahhhh.''
wtf

That's my impression.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by verb1der:
btw I was at the game, and was extremely proud of all the Niner fans showing up. Some hardcore peeps up there wearing Niner jerseys in the black hole. Props!

I saw them going crazy on the punt-return touchdown, props for wearing niner gear in the black hole!

We were listening to it live on radio and I couldn't believe how loud the crowd was whenever the Niners did something... for awhile, we just thought that Raider fan was so drunk that they forgot what team they were rooting for!
Judging from Gore's run last night, I'd say our guys are all ready for the season to start. V.Davis and Crabtree are just waiting for Smith and the Oline to get it together make the right call. I think our guys are ready to go.
Last night the Niners consistently attacked the edge of the Raider D with the running game! this will be a HUGE change from last year (71%) when most of our runs were between the tackles. With a failed end arounds to Battle as our main attempt at softening the edges. With Dixon attacking the edge the Raiders were forced to spread out there 8 in the box front, rather then simply stack them over the tackles. Last year teams left the edges open to the run and we ignored it. It looks like we will attack the edges and force teams to play us straight up, this will open up slant passes the short middle crossing routes, and of course the A-gap blast and other "up the gut" runs!

It looks like we may have a real offense after all.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by fister30:
Its sad that what Alex did yesterday counts as a "good" performance. I need to stop watching other NFL teams so my view of Alex can be skewed.

How the hell is a 105.7 passer rating bad?

He started out slow on the first 2 drives, but then after that went 7 for 10, over 100 yards and a TD. He was good i thought

Pshaw! You're opinions are skewed I say!

Not to mention, Alex's YPA and YPC were higher than Rodgers'.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Its sad that what Alex did yesterday counts as a "good" performance. I need to stop watching other NFL teams so my view of Alex can be skewed.

He started out slow on the first 2 drives, but then after that went 7 for 10, over 100 yards and a TD. He was good i thought

i didnt know that thats pretty good
The secondary needs to be more physical. Maybe they were just playing a vanilla defense, with hardly any press coverage, but they "looked" soft out there. Hopefully, that's all done come regular season.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

fastforward posted this in another thread.

His numbers were actually pretty good: 9/15 for 113 yards. YPC: 12.5, YPA: 7.53.

As comparisons:

Rodgers: 21/29 195 yd. YPC: 9.28. YPA: 6.72.
Flacco: 21/34 229 yd. YPC: 10.9. YPA: 6.73.

fastforward posted this in another thread.

His numbers were actually pretty good: 9/15 for 113 yards. YPC: 12.5, YPA: 7.53.

As comparisons:

Rodgers: 21/29 195 yd. YPC: 9.28. YPA: 6.72.
Flacco: 21/34 229 yd. YPC: 10.9. YPA: 6.73.

seemed to be more accurate as well as we had a couple of drops

however rodgers did score 3 Tds to alexs 1 shouldve been 2 if gore didnt drop that pitch

Mays hasn't got the time with the first team. He's a way way better option than Lewis starting. I think there a master plan for him by game 2.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Considering the offense was missing our main weapons, I felt Smith and offense played better than I expected and was productive, especially with clock management. I believe they owned TOP in the 2nd quarter. And btw, Delanie Walker is a luxurious threat for a backup TE.

I am not concerned at all with the defense. Pre-season comes with no game-planning and once Manusky and this defense is focused on a game plan. They can frustrate QB's such as Peyton Manning last season where they had to go to a trick play to get a score. But I can't lie, M. Lewis is starting to concern me.

Do you have time to explain? As far as I remember Lewis was beat on one play and that was against Zach Miller. Zach Miller is a very good player and was the Gaiders leading reciever last year. Lewis was in position, he just got out muscled by a very big TE. Who would you say is a better option? Reggie "I just got burned with 40 seconds left on the clock" Smith or Taylor "Still raw rookie looking for a big hit, but hasn't done squat" Mays? Lewis in my opinion is the least of our problems until his next concussion.

Mays should start
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
tarrel brown seemed soft in coverage

So did Michael Lewis.

This will probably be his last year. We have younger guys right behind him and his salary will be very large next year.

It already is large this year. Between $5M and $6M, I believe. That's too much for a one-dimensional (run stopping) safety.

Agree. They should have made him restructure it. He will be gone after this year for sure.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
tarrel brown seemed soft in coverage

So did Michael Lewis.

This will probably be his last year. We have younger guys right behind him and his salary will be very large next year.

It already is large this year. Between $5M and $6M, I believe. That's too much for a one-dimensional (run stopping) safety.

Agree. They should have made him restructure it. He will be gone after this year for sure.

Or earlier

Uh oh...careful now. The ACP closet Packer fans in here are going to attack you.