LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 431 users in the forums

Grade Alex Smith's performance in Game 2 vs Minnesota...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade Alex Smith's performance in Game 2 vs Minnesota...

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Smith did FINE. But don't start posting that he was "missing that player" or "missing this guy." That's called an Alexcuse.

Fair enough, let's simplify it, so anybody can understand.

The team was missing Gore, Davis, and Crabtree.
How many TD's did he throw?

I would give Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees all single game C's for solid non TD outings. Alex Smith will be no different. A solid C from me.
Smith looked comfortable and was on target right away. Lack of a running game became an issue later.

But that's Alex for you. One week he looks good next week he looks bad. Now if we could only get some consistency with him.

I give him a C+. If he would have thrown a TD or a real nice deep throw maybe I'd give him a B.
Originally posted by 49erFan:
Smith did FINE. But don't start posting that he was "missing that player" or "missing this guy." That's called an Alexcuse.

but WHY were we missing Davis and Crabtree? what happened to them? Do you remember why they got injured and how?
Originally posted by Afrikan:

but WHY were we missing Davis and Crabtree? what happened to them? Do you remember why they got injured and how?

alex throttled them with his tiny hands

Oh man here it comes
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Careful now....

This message to Alex Smith supporters: You're starting to post some of the same Alexcuses that got the Bandwagon thread locked.

Resist the DARK SIDE...

He had a great series and then Raye took the car keys away. The Niners weren't going to throw out the whole playbook. They gave us a taste in Drive One and that was enough.

He was sharp in Drive One. It's all we needed to see.

Wasn't it locked due to your trolling?

Yes.

Don't I at least deserve a warning before I am publicly humiliated/flogged/dropped in boiling oil?

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

Oh man here it comes

I'm just saying same with any QB, even Nate....if you are going to put ur receivers in situations where they are going to get injured more times than not...then I don't give you the benefit of the doubt when you have to play with the backups....

so he better get used to playing with the backups if he continues those high inaccurate passes during the season.....F' that "if the receiver touches it, IT SHOULD BE CAUGHT" F that BS.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

Oh man here it comes

I'm just saying same with any QB, even Nate....if you are going to put ur receivers in situations where they are going to get injured more times than not...then I don't give you the benefit of the doubt when you have to play with the backups....

so he better get used to playing with the backups if he continues those high inaccurate passes during the season.....F' that "if the receiver touches it, IT SHOULD BE CAUGHT" F that BS.

Yeah kinda how Alex got his receivers killed last year
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by danimal:
How many TD's did he throw?

I would give Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees all single game C's for solid non TD outings. Alex Smith will be no different. A solid C from me.

That's how you measure good QB play on TD passes eh

lol

Originally posted by ZRF80:
first drive -

rest of game -

Typical Smith..........inconsistent. But I'll give the homers this one. He came out and led a pretty good drive. We'll see what happens next week.

Inconsistent what?
He completed 69.2% of his passes for crying out loud!
If anybody was inconsistent that would be N.Davis which is not surprising considering he played against better competition for the first time.

Typical haters.........always grasping at something,like imperfections and non truths...

Yeeah!
Our starting QB!
Go Niners!

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 49ermark:
I'm a ASmith hater and I have ever reason to be one after all the s**tty seasons we have had with him at the position... However, I think there is an upside to his waiting 5 years to put it in gear. I like his willingness to keep going no matter what his label is. To me my patience is very low for him and I give him 3-4 games to prove me wrong. So far he has done well with what he has but it is preseason and lets not go to far into this and wait till the 3rd or 4th game to make our decision. This is it for the kid if he yields no results than it's bye bye bye...

Maybe we should let Singletary make the decision?

Good work Alex. Go Niners

That was not the question Muffin
Anyone giving a grade of anything less than a B here is basically signing up to concede that they have such a developed dislike for Smith that they can not and will not regard his play with any fair objectivity.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
first drive -

rest of game -

Typical Smith..........inconsistent. But I'll give the homers this one. He came out and led a pretty good drive. We'll see what happens next week.

Inconsistent what?
He completed 69.2% of his passes for crying out loud!
If anybody was inconsistent that would be N.Davis which is not surprising considering he played against better competition for the first time.

Typical haters.........always grasping at something,like imperfections and non truths...

Yeeah!
Our starting QB!
Go Niners!

You always call me a typical hater also, I gave him a (B).
Originally posted by 49erRider:
First drive - A
Rest of game - C+

Overall - B

This
Share 49ersWebzone