There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Grade Alex Smith's performance in Game 2 vs Minnesota...

Grade Alex Smith's performance in Game 2 vs Minnesota...

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Careful now....

This message to Alex Smith supporters: You're starting to post some of the same Alexcuses that got the Bandwagon thread locked.

Resist the DARK SIDE...

He had a great series and then Raye took the car keys away. The Niners weren't going to throw out the whole playbook. They gave us a taste in Drive One and that was enough.

Smith did FINE. But don't start posting that he was "missing that player" or "missing this guy." That's called an Alexcuse.

He was sharp in Drive One. It's all we needed to see.

Wasn't it locked due to your trolling?

Yes his and the rest of the ACP. The mods are trying to figure out what to do about the trolling though.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Careful now....

This message to Alex Smith supporters: You're starting to post some of the same Alexcuses that got the Bandwagon thread locked.

Resist the DARK SIDE...

He had a great series and then Raye took the car keys away. The Niners weren't going to throw out the whole playbook. They gave us a taste in Drive One and that was enough.

Smith did FINE. But don't start posting that he was "missing that player" or "missing this guy." That's called an Alexcuse.

Wasn't it locked due to your trolling?

Yes.
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I don't understand what everyone is happy about ? he is been 7 years and this is the second preseaon and no TD ! no explosiveness , look at a 2nd year player 65 yard bomb ! don't tell me no VD, Crap or Gore ! cuz Nate did not have them niether.

You really enjoy hanging on Nate's nuts don't you

you have been hanging on Alexes for 7 years & where has it gotten us !

he hasnt even been here for 7 years? fail?
Careful now....

Resist the DARK SIDE...

Foolish statement. Whoever locked that other thread was completely out of line as well. I guess if you can't argue factually with people then you just need to shut them up right? Congrats though, your admission earlier was the most honest of any of the group that was prophesying doom last night.

Edit-

Also, Look through the comments today from Davis supporters. You will see quite a few excuses that have been used for Alex. I think that many of the "excuses" or reasons are valid in both cases. Everything isn't so black and white when dealing with 10 other players in a unit.
[ Edited by dtcomposer on Aug 23, 2010 at 10:36 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I don't understand what everyone is happy about ? he is been 7 years and this is the second preseaon and no TD ! no explosiveness , look at a 2nd year player 65 yard bomb ! ohlord] don't tell me no VD, Crap or Gore ! cuz Nate did not have them niether.

43 games PLAYED in (not started). That's 2.6875 seasons.

Damnit 949, Alex is suxorz DOOD, get with the program Nate Davis can throw bombs, who cares if he didnt even complete 50 percent of his passes HE CAN THROW IT 65 YARDS, So you go ahead and Cheer for Alex Smith even though he hasnt done anything in the 7 years he has been here

WHAT 7 years?? LOL get ur facts straight dude! the man was drafted in '05
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I don't understand what everyone is happy about ? he is been 7 years and this is the second preseaon and no TD ! no explosiveness , look at a 2nd year player 65 yard bomb ! don't tell me no VD, Crap or Gore ! cuz Nate did not have them niether.

he hasnt even been here for 7 years? fail?

out of the 5 years he been with us he has missed 2 of them and his 2006 campain wasnt bad and last year was pretty good really his only bad one was his rookie year
Careful now....

Resist the DARK SIDE...

Yes he did fine . . . which I thought was all the more impressive because he didn't have two Pro-Bowlers and Crabtree at his disposal. What's wrong with pointing that out?

I will say that for yesterday to mean anything we need to see it again Saturday in Oakland. Hopefully we'll see the entire 1st team working together for a couple series.
I don't understand what everyone is happy about ? he is been 7 years and this is the second preseaon and no TD ! no explosiveness , look at a 2nd year player 65 yard bomb ! ohlord] don't tell me no VD, Crap or Gore ! cuz Nate did not have them niether.

Damnit 949, Alex is suxorz DOOD, get with the program Nate Davis can throw bombs, who cares if he didnt even complete 50 percent of his passes HE CAN THROW IT 65 YARDS, So you go ahead and Cheer for Alex Smith even though he hasnt done anything in the 7 years he has been here

[ Edited by valrod33 on Aug 23, 2010 at 10:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
This is the BEST I've seen Alex Smith play. He actually OUTPLAYED Nate Davis.
His pocket presence was excellent, passes were crisp and on target and didn't look like a one legged Duck trying to avoid pass rushers.

So I'm giving credit where credit is due, but one game doesn't make a QB. The question now is: Can he be consistent?

Congrats to Alex Smith and his die hard supporters ... today was your day!

Based on the way he played today compared to ANY other day .. he gets an A

Like him or not every 49er fan should be rooting for him to succeed because if he fails chances are the Niners will fail as a team.

As a 49er fan we don't want our team to fail at the expense of hate for the QB do we?

Go Niners

Joke fail on my part

i got it lol

Joke fail on my part

actually, I think the fact that people took your post seriously makes it an incredible joke success!
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Joke fail on my part

actually, I think the fact that people took your post seriously makes it an incredible joke success!

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Joke fail on my part

i got it lol

yeah the picture was a tremendous fail.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by TheNef77:
A- - Great pocket presence.
- Managed the game very well without his top talent
- Smart with the football, threw it away instead of forcing bad throws
- Just one bad throw over Ted Ginn. Crabby could've caught it but then gotten laid out by that nearby DB.
- Considering the run game was shut down, he did a great job throwing the rock.

What more could you ask of the guy?

We've seen enough out of Smith to know exactly what his shortcomings are, which is to say that no one should be surprised when:

1. barely missed a big completion because he threw high again

He is what he is, and if you can accept that, then last night was a good game for him.

FYI:that is exactly what you do when the play breaks down and nobody is open

edit-was responding to your original #1,then it suddenly disappeared into thin air

lol
[ Edited by Super5 on Aug 23, 2010 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
Originally posted by Chief:
7 points in 7 offensive drives.

Meh..

He looked great on the first drive but after that he fizzled and so did the rest of the offense.

I will give him a B, because he earned an A on the first drive and a D for everything after that.

Um, he had 4 drives (excluding the run out the clock at the end of the half), and in one of them, he didn't even attempt a pass. So 3 drives, 7 points.
...and one of those began with a false start, after which Raye took the ball out of his hands.

We all need to realize that Smith was only given one drive with a full play book. In that drive Smith did exactly as would be expected of a winning QB. The rest of the time the coaches were focused on watching individual players competing for starting jobs and roster spots, and Smith's job is in neither of those two categories. Consequently, as is the norm for all teams in pre-season, they kept all the good stuff in the playbook closed - don't want to show other teams any more than they must in order to evaluate players.

Singletary also stated that the 49ers wanted to see if they can run against the high-ranked run defense of the Vikings. After the first drive, there was not much need to see how Smith perform in a pass play. In the second drive, Raye apparently wanted to see if a draw after a pump fake would work because all three plays were practically the same (with a little bit of OL adjustments.)