There are 193 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Grade Alex Smith's performance in Game 2 vs Minnesota...

Grade Alex Smith's performance in Game 2 vs Minnesota...

A-

should have put more points up for playing an entire half (still not sure what the logic of him playing that long was), but showed comfort in the pocket and handled the rush well, and wasn't playing with the major skill players. Good showing by our starting QB.
If only we had access to raw game film shot from a high location. Then we could see if there just wasn't anyone open down field or if Smith was just scared to throw the ball deep.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
first drive -

rest of game -

Typical Smith..........inconsistent. But I'll give the homers this one. He came out and led a pretty good drive. We'll see what happens next week.
Hmm, reevaluating your metrosexuality I see.
I'm a ASmith hater and I have ever reason to be one after all the s**tty seasons we have had with him at the position... However, I think there is an upside to his waiting 5 years to put it in gear. I like his willingness to keep going no matter what his label is. To me my patience is very low for him and I give him 3-4 games to prove me wrong. So far he has done well with what he has but it is preseason and lets not go to far into this and wait till the 3rd or 4th game to make our decision. This is it for the kid if he yields no results than it's bye bye bye...
[ Edited by 49ermark on Aug 23, 2010 at 10:02 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ermark:
I'm a ASmith hater and I have ever reason to be one after all the s**tty seasons we have had with him at the position... However, I think there is an upside to his waiting 5 years to put it in gear. I like his willingness to keep going no matter what his label is. To me my patience is very low for him and I give him 3-4 games to prove me wrong. So far he has done well with what he has but it is preseason and lets not go to far into this and wait till the 3rd or 4th game to make our decision. This is it for the kid if he yields no results than it's bye bye bye...

Yeah, take your time. Your decision is really important.

Maybe we should let Singletary make the decision?

Good work Alex. Go Niners
I don't understand what everyone is happy about ? he is been 7 years and this is the second preseaon and no TD ! no explosiveness , look at a 2nd year player 65 yard bomb ! don't tell me no VD, Crap or Gore ! cuz Nate did not have them niether.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by Chief:
7 points in 7 offensive drives.

Meh..

He looked great on the first drive but after that he fizzled and so did the rest of the offense.

I will give him a B, because he earned an A on the first drive and a D for everything after that.

what an ignorant statement.

very ignorant statement indeed.
Originally posted by Chief:
7 points in 7 offensive drives.

Meh..

He looked great on the first drive but after that he fizzled and so did the rest of the offense.

I will give him a B, because he earned an A on the first drive and a D for everything after that.

Um, he had 4 drives (excluding the run out the clock at the end of the half), and in one of them, he didn't even attempt a pass. So 3 drives, 7 points.
Originally posted by cNiner:
I don't understand what everyone is happy about ? he is been 7 years and this is the second preseaon and no TD ! no explosiveness , look at a 2nd year player 65 yard bomb ! don't tell me no VD, Crap or Gore ! cuz Nate did not have them niether.

You really enjoy hanging on Nate's nuts don't you

Let's be honest: Smith has been here 12 years, has started every game (192 total - no playoffs, of course) and has never thrown a touchdown pass. Ever.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Yeah, take your time. Your decision is really important.

I give the guy some props and get slammed for it? ...You homers make me sick - I guess I should say something like Smith Played so well lets make him the next Joe Montana or Steve Young...
Originally posted by jreff22:

you have been hanging on Alexes for 7 years & where has it gotten us !

You do know that he was drafted in 05....right?

43 games PLAYED in (not started). That's 2.6875 seasons.