There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Alex calling out VD and Crabs

Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by excelsior:
And why should VD and Crabs be calling out Alex? I can remember many instances last year where they drew penalties, costing us yardage or downs, where they dropped catchable passes, and where they screwed up their routes. I remember one play where VD headed downfield. Alex, under pressure from a pass rush wanted to throw to VD, but VD was in his own little world and did not look back for a pass.

Your bias against Alex is becoming so deeply ingrained that it is leading you into making statements that embarass you.

I understand your blinded by love. When you finish sniffin Alex's jock strap read my post again, i said why.

I remember this one play too where VD was wide open for a TD and Alex threw it behind him, oh wait that was last week. Same inaccurate Alex

And I remember about 10 plays last season where Vernon was open and Alex threw touchdowns to him. Oh wait, that was the regular season that actually f**king counts.

I'm sorry, but I think it's BS how the mods allow people to throw insults around like "when you finish sniffin alex's jock strap" but when people say anything back like tits mcgee did against bill bird then they get banned. Just yesterday 2 people wished injury on Smith. And it's not even like Im that big of a fan of his. I want him to finally do well or gtfo. But when you wish injury on our starting QB, or you use it as an excuse to act like a condescending jerk towards someone, you're not a good fan at all, and maybe not a fan at all.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Mex49:
Smith, for one, wants to get Davis and Crabtree, presumably his main targets for the season, back in the huddle. When asked Wednesday about having the starters back, Smith said, "We've got to get the work in. If we just think we have these names or we’re going to show up on game day and get it done, that’s crazy, it’s totally crazy."

I personally would be happy to see Smith show some nuts and take ownership. His time is running out fast.

What language is he speaking?!

The legendary Alexcusian language.
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Wow!! This offseason is really getting to everyone. The regular season can't come soon enough! Eight pages of people arguing over Smith saying he needs to get into rythm with VD and Crabs. All I've got to say is kick a$$ in Seattle!
And why should VD and Crabs be calling out Alex? I can remember many instances last year where they drew penalties, costing us yardage or downs, where they dropped catchable passes, and where they screwed up their routes. I remember one play where VD headed downfield. Alex, under pressure from a pass rush wanted to throw to VD, but VD was in his own little world and did not look back for a pass.

Your bias against Alex is becoming so deeply ingrained that it is leading you into making statements that embarass you.

I understand your blinded by love. When you finish sniffin Alex's jock strap read my post again, i said why.

I remember this one play too where VD was wide open for a TD and Alex threw it behind him, oh wait that was last week. Same inaccurate Alex

You think you can rebut the guys post with bringing up one play in the first preseason game? Seriously?

VD was tied for first in dropped passes last year and Crabtree was tied for 16th and he only played in 11 games last year.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&type=receiving&rank=232

I'm not saying that Alex smith is awesome or that Crabtree and VD suck. All I'm saying is that this is a legitimate point backed up by stats and you can't just bow it off by blaming Alex Smith for being inaccurate. There's room for improvement on both sides.
Originally posted by Antix:
I agree.

We come out vs Seattle and stink it up offensively then its automatically gonna be Smiths fault no questions asked. This is regardless of the fact that Smith has practiced everyday, played in every preseason game and done everything to get ready for the season.

Meanwhile, the two worst pairs of hands on our offense don't ever play in the preseason because apparently they're already soooooo awesome they dont need to practice.

VD and Crabs drop passes last season and it's always Smith's fault. If VD catches that pass in Seattle we make the playoffs but nobody ever mentions that. Smith makes a good point.

I thought VD and Crabs were injured. Are they milking it? That would be inconsistent with the hard work they're also known for putting in. Also I'm not sure if he's calling them out. It seems like he's just saying they can't build any chemistry until the two come back.
Shouldn't you guys be busy making excuses for tomorrows game?

If Nate played against the Colts starters and looked like Smith what would you guys say? He's not ready right. And if your not ready after 5 years you probably never will be.

If Nate played against the Colts starters and looked like Smith what would you guys say? He's not ready right. And if your not ready after 5 years you probably never will be.

lol People made your argument look stupid and now you're resulting to more insults. Nice.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Classic Kevin Lynch trying to create buzz around a non-story.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

You think you can rebut the guys post with bringing up one play in the first preseason game? Seriously?

VD was tied for first in dropped passes last year and Crabtree was tied for 16th and he only played in 11 games last year.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&type=receiving&rank=232

I'm not saying that Alex smith is awesome or that Crabtree and VD suck. All I'm saying is that this is a legitimate point backed up by stats and you can't just bow it off by blaming Alex Smith for being inaccurate. There's room for improvement on both sides.

There would be alto less drops if Alex put the ball in better places. To often his throws are High or behind the receiver. Yes there's room for improvement on both sides but no one is questioning if Crabs is a #1 or if VD is one of the Best TEs in the game.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

lol People made your argument look stupid and now you're resulting to more insults. Nice.

What am I supposed to List all of his terrible throws from last season? Im sorry im not impressed with a QB rating of 81. I guess i just have higher expectations of my QB

Develop, develop, develop....

with the time he played last year he did good which is why he is given this year 18 tds in 10.5 games is very good so good in fact if that was the pace he played the whole season he would be a top 10 qb
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

with the time he played last year he did good which is why he is given this year 18 tds in 10.5 games is very good so good in fact if that was the pace he played the whole season he would be a top 10 qb

Top 10? Since when has a top 10 QB had a 81 qb rating
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

There would be alto less drops if Alex put the ball in better places. To often his throws are High or behind the receiver. Yes there's room for improvement on both sides but no one is questioning if Crabs is a #1 or if VD is one of the Best TEs in the game.

There's a difference between passes targeted in his direction that were not caught and drops.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Top 10? Since when has a top 10 QB had a 81 qb rating

you would be surprised.. ben roethlisberger won the superbowl with 80.1 qb rating.

donovan mcnabbs all time qb rating is only 86. i would consider him one of the elite quaterbacks in the nfl.

first two times that tom brady won the super bowl his quarter back rating was only 85. not to far off..

idk about you but all those guys seem pretty f**king elite to me.. pretty sure all three are already hall of fame quarterbacks.. tom brady is considered amongst the top three quarterbacks in history all ready.. roethlisberger is probally in the top 15 or ten.. and mcnabb.. he is just going to the hall of fame.

so if you where smart. you would relized quarterback ratings dont really mean much. its how they play on the field.. not how there stats look. only one stat matters for a quarterback and that is there w/l percentage. i know alex smiths is not great but last season it was .500 i believe.. which was a major improvment to what it was in the past.. lets see if he makes it even better this year.. if not. then gtfo. but there ya go =]