There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Alex calling out VD and Crabs

Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Alex haters have painted themselves into a lose/lose situation. They are now so ego invested in his failure that if he succeeds, they cannot enjoy with glee the team's wins. They will suffer the humiliation of being wrong. On the other hand, if Alex fails, they may be able to take delight in his failure, but it probably means that their beloved team has lost. But I have no sympathy for them.

I don't think so. I think this is one time they want to be wrong. I'm pretty sure if you ask all of them, they would be willing to admit they were wrong if he succeeds

Right. We want to be wrong instead of going to plan B. Whatever it may be. For the last 2 years we have changed QB's in the middle of the season.

If being wrong is right then I want to be wrong
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Smith calling out VD and Crabs.

That's like Rosie O'Donnell calling out Giselle Bundchen at a fashion show.

Now, now Shaj. Let's not upset the natives.

says the man who said Alex didn't have one good game all last season.

Look, we get it you guys despise, loathe, deplore Alex Smith.

But here is the little fact that none of you "realist" seem to understand. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE GIVES A s**t!

For the love of all that is good, give it a rest already, you guys are worse than the IRS. You never take a day off, not even on holidays with your anti-Smith campaign. And for what? Is it for some greater good that you must perpetually rain on others parades? Do you think your point hasn't been made loud and clear at this point?

There is absolutely nothing new that can be said at this point, so lets have a cease fire shall we? When the games matter again we will all have our answer(s). And all this bluster will be rendered meaningless, as if it weren't already. Until then, please, relax a little, its a long off season and this s**t just makes it even longer.

for the first few years after Smith got drafted, esp in year 1, skeptics like me, ZRF80, and Billl were treated like gays at an Islamic press conference in Iran. Now that we are unfortunately and regrettably villified, we're being told to keep our traps shut again, while people get excited that Smith is doing something in his 5th year that Sanchez probably did in pre-season last year with his WR's, before his first NFL snap?

You just proved my point again from a different thread. Thanks for being honest at least. You, and the other guys who were negative from the beginning feel slighted and abused (I.e. you have become emotionally invested in Smith's failure - and by extension, the team when he starts) So you use your time on the board to build yourselves up for your perceived genius. If Smith does something to prove you wrong, you attack immediately.

That is fine bro, if that is how you want to play it, but please stop saying that you guys are the ones who are "realists", logical or any such thing. It is all about YOU, not the 49ers.

Oh, and I think the word you wanted was vindicated, not vilified.

truer words have never been written, well put.
NO.
Originally posted by socal81:
I'm really tired of all the talk Smith has been doing and tired of all the reporters complimenting how he's taken control of the huddle. The only talking I want him doing is on the field. "Don't tell me show me!" As our coach says.

What's that saying in the Huddle?

"Is that talking I hear?!!! Who's talking?!!! This is MY Huddle! I'm the frigging QB! NOBODY BUT ME DOES THE TALKING! Now let's STFU and kick some ass!"

~Ceadder
Alex haters have painted themselves into a lose/lose situation. They are now so ego invested in his failure that if he succeeds, they cannot enjoy with glee the team's wins. They will suffer the humiliation of being wrong. On the other hand, if Alex fails, they may be able to take delight in his failure, but it probably means that their beloved team has lost. But I have no sympathy for them.

Very well said

And one would have to ask:
if you rather have the quarterback fail than succeed,are you really a fan of the team?
VD and Crabtree should be calling out Alex. He is in no position to do so. He is not a leader. I hope he changes this year, but I think the niners are like the Jetsa couple years ago. A rookie Qb or new Qb with talent could come in and lead the team to the playoffs. We only need alex to not blow games this year if Gore is healthy. Anything more is icing on the cake.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Super5:

Very well said

if you rather have the quarterback fail than succeed,are you really a fan of the team?

Very well said

Lose/Lose situation----yes, for the past 5 years.... and motel's 1006 excuse----

3, 2, 1...
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Super5:

Very well said

Very well said

Lose/Lose situation----yes, for the past 5 years.... and motel's 1006 excuse----

3, 2, 1...

It's a question not an excuse genius and can you answer it????
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I agree.

We come out vs Seattle and stink it up offensively then its automatically gonna be Smiths fault no questions asked. This is regardless of the fact that Smith has practiced everyday, played in every preseason game and done everything to get ready for the season.

Meanwhile, the two worst pairs of hands on our offense don't ever play in the preseason because apparently they're already soooooo awesome they dont need to practice.

VD and Crabs drop passes last season and it's always Smith's fault. If VD catches that pass in Seattle we make the playoffs but nobody ever mentions that. Smith makes a good point.
Originally posted by cubanb:
VD and Crabtree should be calling out Alex. He is in no position to do so. He is not a leader. I hope he changes this year, but I think the niners are like the Jetsa couple years ago. A rookie Qb or new Qb with talent could come in and lead the team to the playoffs. We only need alex to not blow games this year if Gore is healthy. Anything more is icing on the cake.

This is hilarious. 2 years ago everyone was clamoring for Smith to step up and be a leader. And now people are upset he's doing it. Hahaha.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by cubanb:

This is hilarious. 2 years ago everyone was clamoring for Smith to step up and be a leader. And now people are upset he's doing it. Hahaha.

Alex is lucky that VD and Crabs arnt calling him out since his inaccurate throws are part of the reason their missing practice.

I read this earlier and couldnt help but think of alex;

"He was tough, could take a hit, but he would disappoint you more than not," McManus said. "For example, his 15-yard out throw would never be consistent. He would throw it 10 yards over the receiver's head or five yards on the ground in front of the target. His five-yard slant? Back hip, too high, you never knew. The touch pass? Ha. The dude didn't have any touch. Had some good games, made some great throws, but overall, he wasn't accurate at all. That's why Shack [Harris] drafted these big target receivers so he could make it easier for Byron, which didn't help.
And why should VD and Crabs be calling out Alex? I can remember many instances last year where they drew penalties, costing us yardage or downs, where they dropped catchable passes, and where they screwed up their routes. I remember one play where VD headed downfield. Alex, under pressure from a pass rush wanted to throw to VD, but VD was in his own little world and did not look back for a pass.

Your bias against Alex is becoming so deeply ingrained that it is leading you into making statements that embarass you.
And why should VD and Crabs be calling out Alex? I can remember many instances last year where they drew penalties, costing us yardage or downs, where they dropped catchable passes, and where they screwed up their routes. I remember one play where VD headed downfield. Alex, under pressure from a pass rush wanted to throw to VD, but VD was in his own little world and did not look back for a pass.

Your bias against Alex is becoming so deeply ingrained that it is leading you into making statements that embarass you.

I understand your blinded by love. When you finish sniffin Alex's jock strap read my post again, i said why.

I remember this one play too where VD was wide open for a TD and Alex threw it behind him, oh wait that was last week. Same inaccurate Alex
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

I understand your blinded by love. When you finish sniffin Alex's jock strap read my post again, i said why.

I remember this one play too where VD was wide open for a TD and Alex threw it behind him, oh wait that was last week. Same inaccurate Alex

And you're blinded by hate, just give it a rest and wait to be judgmental on Sunday.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

that was preseason he hit that all day and every pass in the regular season last year VD broke a record with alex and its quite obvious if he was starting the whole year it wouldve been shattered