There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Alex calling out VD and Crabs

Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by danimal:
I don't think Alex has ever really had any command of this team. With his personality, only superior play would have gained him a General role. So he has 2 strikes against him. He has never really played lights out, and is pretty passive.

And I totally agree with his comments, but when the public gets to hear comments like that, it means he is losing his team even more, not gaining them.

Please explain how this is true?

Man Alex has TOTALLY lost the team. Haven't you read about it?

you're right, besides, he never had the team...

Yeah all those things Vernon, Morgan, and Crabs said about Smith (without being baited to discuss it) was just for show for the "Alecks luvrz dood!"
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I personally would just like him to start playing better instead acting like he's growing a pair.

+1

They would both be playing if Smith was more accurate. High throws to davis and crabs caused their injuries.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I personally would just like him to start playing better instead acting like he's growing a pair.

+1

They would both be playing if Smith was more accurate. High throws to davis and crabs caused their injuries.

Two things... Better late then never on growing a pair! He is the QB and no matter what we/they/us will look at him if sh%$ goes wrong. Second it isn't like what he is saying is wrong. That boy is on the hot seat and he needs his top players out there. I am sure he didn't mean it in a derogatory manner but he said it. Let's not blow this out of proportion here. This isn't the off season where we are looking for anything to talk about... Let's talk some football mang.....
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Smith calling out VD and Crabs.

That's like Rosie O'Donnell calling out Giselle Bundchen at a fashion show.

Now, now Shaj. Let's not upset the natives.

says the man who said Alex didn't have one good game all last season.

Look, we get it you guys despise, loathe, deplore Alex Smith.

But here is the little fact that none of you "realist" seem to understand. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE GIVES A s**t!

For the love of all that is good, give it a rest already, you guys are worse than the IRS. You never take a day off, not even on holidays with your anti-Smith campaign. And for what? Is it for some greater good that you must perpetually rain on others parades? Do you think your point hasn't been made loud and clear at this point?

There is absolutely nothing new that can be said at this point, so lets have a cease fire shall we? When the games matter again we will all have our answer(s). And all this bluster will be rendered meaningless, as if it weren't already. Until then, please, relax a little, its a long off season and this s**t just makes it even longer.

for the first few years after Smith got drafted, esp in year 1, skeptics like me, ZRF80, and Billl were treated like gays at an Islamic press conference in Iran. Now that we are unfortunately and regrettably villified, we're being told to keep our traps shut again, while people get excited that Smith is doing something in his 5th year that Sanchez probably did in pre-season last year with his WR's, before his first NFL snap?

You just proved my point again from a different thread. Thanks for being honest at least. You, and the other guys who were negative from the beginning feel slighted and abused (I.e. you have become emotionally invested in Smith's failure - and by extension, the team when he starts) So you use your time on the board to build yourselves up for your perceived genius. If Smith does something to prove you wrong, you attack immediately.

That is fine bro, if that is how you want to play it, but please stop saying that you guys are the ones who are "realists", logical or any such thing. It is all about YOU, not the 49ers.

Oh, and I think the word you wanted was vindicated, not vilified.

[ Edited by dtcomposer on Aug 19, 2010 at 16:45:36 ]
Alex Smith superbowl mvp? lol would be sweet to win in dallas
alex speak up! ok. ok, now alex shut up! you guys need to make up your minds. first you complain that hes too timid and quiet and isnt a leader and all that and then when hes actually being vocal and trying to pull the team together you guys bash him.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Alex is right! Light a fire under this team and maybe they will play mad and angry all season and whip some A$$!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
alex speak up! ok. ok, now alex shut up! you guys need to make up your minds. first you complain that hes too timid and quiet and isnt a leader and all that and then when hes actually being vocal and trying to pull the team together you guys bash him.

You and many others are totally posting very flawed logic.

Fans wanted to see Alex more vocal in the games. Where we see him on the sidelines jawing up a receiver or something...like you see a bunch of other QBs do in the NFL.

I have never once seen the post in the Webzone to the tune of "Gee, I wish Alex would voice more concerns to the media"

I am sure you get the difference.

Fans wanted to see Alex more vocal in the games. Where we see him on the sidelines jawing up a receiver or something...like you see a bunch of other QBs do in the NFL.

I have never once seen the post in the Webzone to the tune of "Gee, I wish Alex would voice more concerns to the media"

Genius, it starts in practice. and seeing how we are still in the preseason we haven't had the chance to see that. but of course all u a Shaj will do is complain that he is blaming his teammates and throwing them under the bus.

ya and your logic is so awesome, thats why people make you look like a fool when they refute the bulls**t you post up all the time. they complain about alex not being a leader, i think he has every right to tell his guys to practice so they can get on the same page, thats common sense. crabtree took a sore neck and turned it into a two week vacation. vernon is ok too, he needs to be in practice so smith knows when he's gonna change his route like he did in the game on sunday. nothing wrong with him asking for some accountability from two guys who had good years because of him.
THOSE TWO BETTER GET THEIR SH1T TOGETHER

if it wasn't for Alex, they wouldn't even be on this team....someone should get that through their heads, ungrateful f**ks.

ya and your logic is so awesome, thats why people make you look like a fool when they refute the bulls**t you post up all the time. they complain about alex not being a leader, i think he has every right to tell his guys to practice so they can get on the same page, thats common sense. crabtree took a sore neck and turned it into a two week vacation. vernon is ok too, he needs to be in practice so smith knows when he's gonna change his route like he did in the game on sunday. nothing wrong with him asking for some accountability from two guys who had good years because of him.

I predicted in March 2005 that if we drafted Alex Smith the Niners would not make the playoffs for the rest of the decade....and that ultimately he would never be a good QB in the NFL for any extended period of seasons.

But ooookkkkaaayyy...I am the fool.

your quote

Quote:
i think he has every right to tell his guys to practice so they can get on the same page

I 100% agree with you. Only one problem, has he ever actually told his guys to their face? I don't know...do you? If he did, then why would he have to also voice his concern to a reporter? hmmm.

I thought you and others would be able to tell the difference between direct confrontation and indirect. I stand corrected.

[ Edited by danimal on Aug 19, 2010 at 17:04:08 ]

I predicted in March 2005 that if we drafted Alex Smith the Niners would not make the playoffs for the rest of the decade....and that ultimately he would never be a good QB in the NFL for any extended period of seasons.

your quote

Quote:
i think he has every right to tell his guys to practice so they can get on the same page

I 100% agree with you. Only one problem, has he ever actually told his guys to their face? I don't know...do you? If he did, then why would he have to also voice his concern to a reporter? hmmm.

I thought you and others would be able to tell the difference between direct confrontation and indirect. I stand corrected.

its not hard to predict we wouldnt make the playoffs the last 5 years look what we had to work with when he was drafted. the rams are in the same boat and they will suck for the next five or 6 years too. it wasnt just QB that had to be fixed, we needed talent everywhere, it take time to get that. we were one of the historically bad 49ers teams in 04 and 05 so its not a stretch to say it would take a while but good for you your a fortune teller now.

and i seem to remember him calling out his whole offense a few days ago in practice, he huddled them all around and got them fired up and they had one of the best practices theyve had this offseason. its kinda hard to talk to guys when theyre not out there with their team busting their ass like everyone else is.

your quote

Quote:

its not hard to predict we wouldnt make the playoffs the last 5 years look what we had to work with when he was drafted. the rams are in the same boat and they will suck for the next five or 6 years too. it wasnt just QB that had to be fixed, we needed talent everywhere, it take time to get that. we were one of the historically bad 49ers teams in 04 and 05 so its not a stretch to say it would take a while but good for you your a fortune teller now.

and i seem to remember him calling out his whole offense a few days ago in practice, he huddled them all around and got them fired up and they had one of the best practices theyve had this offseason. its kinda hard to talk to guys when theyre not out there with their team busting their ass like everyone else is.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Smith calling out VD and Crabs.

That's like Rosie O'Donnell calling out Giselle Bundchen at a fashion show.

Now, now Shaj. Let's not upset the natives.

says the man who said Alex didn't have one good game all last season.

Look, we get it you guys despise, loathe, deplore Alex Smith.

But here is the little fact that none of you "realist" seem to understand. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE GIVES A s**t!

For the love of all that is good, give it a rest already, you guys are worse than the IRS. You never take a day off, not even on holidays with your anti-Smith campaign. And for what? Is it for some greater good that you must perpetually rain on others parades? Do you think your point hasn't been made loud and clear at this point?

There is absolutely nothing new that can be said at this point, so lets have a cease fire shall we? When the games matter again we will all have our answer(s). And all this bluster will be rendered meaningless, as if it weren't already. Until then, please, relax a little, its a long off season and this s**t just makes it even longer.

for the first few years after Smith got drafted, esp in year 1, skeptics like me, ZRF80, and Billl were treated like gays at an Islamic press conference in Iran. Now that we are unfortunately and regrettably villified, we're being told to keep our traps shut again, while people get excited that Smith is doing something in his 5th year that Sanchez probably did in pre-season last year with his WR's, before his first NFL snap?

Okay everyone shhhh, we need to be more respectful of the Gay Islamic Anti Smith Fanatics.

Hey Shaj, do you mind if I organize a donation fund to throw you guys a pity party?

We'll all throw our #11 herseys on the bonfire and sing ABBA tunes and in toast your Genius of drafts and well, you don't mind if we invite the OLine and Receiver Corps that helped make everything possible do you? That would be so neat to see them patting you on your back(you know where you want them to pat you) giving you congratulations and asking you to apply to replace their dimwitted coaches.

Cause nothing says more about you than your fanaticism about Smith.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay Shaj.

I say all of the above tongue in cheek mind you.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Aug 19, 2010 at 17:20:58 ]