There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Alex calling out VD and Crabs

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Smith calling out VD and Crabs.

That's like Rosie O'Donnell calling out Giselle Bundchen at a fashion show.

Now, now Shaj. Let's not upset the natives.

says the man who said Alex didn't have one good game all last season.

Look, we get it you guys despise, loathe, deplore Alex Smith.

But here is the little fact that none of you "realist" seem to understand. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE GIVES A s**t!

For the love of all that is good, give it a rest already, you guys are worse than the IRS. You never take a day off, not even on holidays with your anti-Smith campaign. And for what? Is it for some greater good that you must perpetually rain on others parades? Do you think your point hasn't been made loud and clear at this point?

There is absolutely nothing new that can be said at this point, so lets have a cease fire shall we? When the games matter again we will all have our answer(s). And all this bluster will be rendered meaningless, as if it weren't already. Until then, please, relax a little, its a long off season and this s**t just makes it even longer.
Quiet guys can only lead by producing. When a scrub tells somebody else to focus, nobody listens. Alex will be fine as long as he performs at a high level... starting now.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by danimal:
I don't think Alex has ever really had any command of this team. With his personality, only superior play would have gained him a General role. So he has 2 strikes against him. He has never really played lights out, and is pretty passive.

And I totally agree with his comments, but when the public gets to hear comments like that, it means he is losing his team even more, not gaining them.

I'm not sure I understand your last comment.
i dont think he's calling them out so much as he's calling out the training/coaching staff to stop p***yfooting with them and let them play/practice.
I don't think Alex has ever really had any command of this team. With his personality, only superior play would have gained him a General role. So he has 2 strikes against him. He has never really played lights out, and is pretty passive.

And I totally agree with his comments, but when the public gets to hear comments like that, it means he is losing his team even more, not gaining them.

Please explain how this is true?

well not that VD and crabs arent very good players but if they learnt to catch the ball a little better we wouldve made the playoffs
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Mex49:
Smith, for one, wants to get Davis and Crabtree, presumably his main targets for the season, back in the huddle. When asked Wednesday about having the starters back, Smith said, "We've got to get the work in. If we just think we have these names or we’re going to show up on game day and get it done, that’s crazy, it’s totally crazy."

I personally would be happy to see Smith show some nuts and take ownership. His time is running out fast.

What language is he speaking?!

He's right
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Now, now Shaj. Let's not upset the natives.

says the man who said Alex didn't have one good game all last season.

Look, we get it you guys despise, loathe, deplore Alex Smith.

But here is the little fact that none of you "realist" seem to understand. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE GIVES A s**t!

For the love of all that is good, give it a rest already, you guys are worse than the IRS. You never take a day off, not even on holidays with your anti-Smith campaign. And for what? Is it for some greater good that you must perpetually rain on others parades? Do you think your point hasn't been made loud and clear at this point?

There is absolutely nothing new that can be said at this point, so lets have a cease fire shall we? When the games matter again we will all have our answer(s). And all this bluster will be rendered meaningless, as if it weren't already. Until then, please, relax a little, its a long off season and this s**t just makes it even longer.

for the first few years after Smith got drafted, esp in year 1, skeptics like me, ZRF80, and Billl were treated like gays at an Islamic press conference in Iran. Now that we are unfortunately and regrettably villified, we're being told to keep our traps shut again, while people get excited that Smith is doing something in his 5th year that Sanchez probably did in pre-season last year with his WR's, before his first NFL snap?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Man Alex has TOTALLY lost the team. Haven't you read about it?
I don't think he's calling anyone out. Just stating the facts.

Another example of making something out of nothing with Smith.

I'm also loving the double standards from some ppl. Before it was "Smith has no balls and no fire." Now it's "who the fvck is he to say anything?"

Wow.
So an improvement in one part of the game isn't good news?

All the little things add up to the big thing.

Everyone knows how some people hate on Alex. We get it. It doesn't need to be in every single thread.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I personally would just like him to start playing better instead acting like he's growing a pair.

+1
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Man Alex has TOTALLY lost the team. Haven't you read about it?

you're right, besides, he never had the team...

Because healthy relationships are handled directly. In house ya know. This basic fact of life applies to all things...not just football, nor does it magically not apply in the NFL.

You have to ask yourself Why Memphis? Why would Alex have to make a comment like this to a reporter, even in the form of a response to a question. The conclusion I come up with is he has unresolved concerns.

[ Edited by danimal on Aug 19, 2010 at 16:32:11 ]