There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Alex calling out VD and Crabs

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Shouldn't you guys be busy making excuses for tomorrows game?

If Nate played against the Colts starters and looked like Smith what would you guys say? He's not ready right. And if your not ready after 5 years you probably never will be.

with the time he played last year he did good which is why he is given this year 18 tds in 10.5 games is very good so good in fact if that was the pace he played the whole season he would be a top 10 qb

Top 10? Since when has a top 10 QB had a 81 qb rating

you would be surprised.. ben roethlisberger won the superbowl with 80.1 qb rating.

donovan mcnabbs all time qb rating is only 86. i would consider him one of the elite quaterbacks in the nfl.

first two times that tom brady won the super bowl his quarter back rating was only 85. not to far off..

idk about you but all those guys seem pretty f**king elite to me.. pretty sure all three are already hall of fame quarterbacks.. tom brady is considered amongst the top three quarterbacks in history all ready.. roethlisberger is probally in the top 15 or ten.. and mcnabb.. he is just going to the hall of fame.

so if you where smart. you would relized quarterback ratings dont really mean much. its how they play on the field.. not how there stats look. only one stat matters for a quarterback and that is there w/l percentage. i know alex smiths is not great but last season it was .500 i believe.. which was a major improvment to what it was in the past.. lets see if he makes it even better this year.. if not. then gtfo. but there ya go =]

But that doesn't fit in with his argument, so it will be discounted offhand.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

If Nate played against the Colts starters and looked like Smith what would you guys say? He's not ready right. And if your not ready after 5 years you probably never will be.

with the time he played last year he did good which is why he is given this year 18 tds in 10.5 games is very good so good in fact if that was the pace he played the whole season he would be a top 10 qb

you would be surprised.. ben roethlisberger won the superbowl with 80.1 qb rating.

donovan mcnabbs all time qb rating is only 86. i would consider him one of the elite quaterbacks in the nfl.

first two times that tom brady won the super bowl his quarter back rating was only 85. not to far off..

idk about you but all those guys seem pretty f**king elite to me.. pretty sure all three are already hall of fame quarterbacks.. tom brady is considered amongst the top three quarterbacks in history all ready.. roethlisberger is probally in the top 15 or ten.. and mcnabb.. he is just going to the hall of fame.

so if you where smart. you would relized quarterback ratings dont really mean much. its how they play on the field.. not how there stats look. only one stat matters for a quarterback and that is there w/l percentage. i know alex smiths is not great but last season it was .500 i believe.. which was a major improvment to what it was in the past.. lets see if he makes it even better this year.. if not. then gtfo. but there ya go =]

im pretty sure it proves him wrong.

im pretty sure it proves him wrong.

Since when do people like that care about being wrong?

[ Edited by Memphis9er on Aug 21, 2010 at 13:36:12 ]

I actually agree with the last paragraph i just brought up QB rating cuz it was said Alex would have been a top ten qb if he played the whole season cuz he threw 18tds.

Here's some other QBs with 80 ratings that I think Alex is closer too:
Kyle Orton
David Garrard
Jason Campbell

But If you guys still think hes a Top 10 Qb your further gone than i thought

[ Edited by LeadFarmer on Aug 21, 2010 at 13:43:26 ]

I actually agree with the last paragraph i just brought up QB rating cuz it was said Alex would have been a top ten qb if he played the whole season cuz he threw 18tds.

Kyle Orton
David Garrard
Jason Campbell

I never said anything about where he was ranked, I think it was 18th overall. I personally do not care what his QB rating is as long as he doesn't cost us games. Unlike some on this board, I see improvement in Smith's play, and while I am far from satisfied with his level of play, I am not blind to improvement he has shown, and see no reason why that trend shouldn't continue.
You cannot excuse dropped passes that were thrown within reach. But many of you are fixated on Alex's passes that are not perfectly thrown.

Geez, I have watched NFL football for 40 years, and have watched the best QBs play. I have never seen any, no matter how great, who did not throw their share of off-target passes. And I have watched many of these errant passes grabbed by great receivers. Maybe our probelm, then, is not Alex. Instead, maybe we need great, mistake-free receivers.

Yes, I am a fan of Alex. You can insult me all you want about it, but I will remain unapologetic about being a fan of his. He represents much that I admire and respect. He may not have the talent to be a great one, that I concede. But I will never stop admiring him and his dedication to improvement. He personifies courage, perseverance and decency - something I will always respect.

For the moment, he is the best we have, and the coaches will try to give him the tools to tap into what talent he has. But I am frankly losing patience with fans who have nothing to brag about in their own lives, but who think they have the moral standing to denigrate someone who has more talent in his little finger than they have in their whole body.
Originally posted by excelsior:
You cannot excuse dropped passes that were thrown within reach. But many of you are fixated on Alex's passes that are not perfectly thrown.

Geez, I have watched NFL football for 40 years, and have watched the best QBs play. I have never seen any, no matter how great, who did not throw their share of off-target passes. And I have watched many of these errant passes grabbed by great receivers. Maybe our probelm, then, is not Alex. Instead, maybe we need great, mistake-free receivers.

Yes, I am a fan of Alex. You can insult me all you want about it, but I will remain unapologetic about being a fan of his. He represents much that I admire and respect. He may not have the talent to be a great one, that I concede. But I will never stop admiring him and his dedication to improvement. He personifies courage, perseverance and decency - something I will always respect.

For the moment, he is the best we have, and the coaches will try to give him the tools to tap into what talent he has. But I am frankly losing patience with fans who have nothing to brag about in their own lives, but who think they have the moral standing to denigrate someone who has more talent in his little finger than they have in their whole body.

He just might prove everyone wrong this year. I think he will be a top 5 qb but, that doesn't matter until he goes out & does it! Hard work usually pays off and he seems to be putting it in. Kid always says the right things too...

Kyle Orton
David Garrard
Jason Campbell

I never said anything about where he was ranked, I think it was 18th overall. I personally do not care what his QB rating is as long as he doesn't cost us games. Unlike some on this board, I see improvement in Smith's play, and while I am far from satisfied with his level of play, I am not blind to improvement he has shown, and see no reason why that trend shouldn't continue.

Someone Else said it thats how it got started, but anyway we need a QB that does more than just not cost us games, but i agree thats the type of QB he is, that seems to be his ceiling. The middle tier, The Ortons, Garrards, Campbells, and thats why there will always be debate till we do get a top 10 qb.

The biggest problem i have with Smith is his accuracy and touch. Yes he knows the system better now and has a better idea of where to go with the ball but he still struggles with accuracy and still fires fastballs to guys in the flat.

Kyle Orton
David Garrard
Jason Campbell

Someone Else said it thats how it got started, but anyway we need a QB that does more than just not cost us games, but i agree thats the type of QB he is, that seems to be his ceiling. The middle tier, The Ortons, Garrards, Campbells, and thats why there will always be debate till we do get a top 10 qb.

The biggest problem i have with Smith is his accuracy and touch. Yes he knows the system better now and has a better idea of where to go with the ball but he still struggles with accuracy and still fires fastballs to guys in the flat.

This is something that has to do with his receivers too, but I never hear one of you guys that dislike Smith ever give them their part of the blame. If you look, you will see that we had two of the top guys in drops and yet Smith gets all the blame for this? I seem to remember a certain wide out saying once "If it hits your hands, you should catch it". That is the problem I have with you guys, you never look at the cause, you just start screaming excuses, The lack of depth of thought to you guys arguments is why no one really takes you guys opinion seriously. It is a shame because some of you seems to be reasonably intelligent, but bent on an agenda built upon fallacy, and half truth.

Kyle Orton
David Garrard
Jason Campbell

This is something that has to do with his receivers too, but I never hear one of you guys that dislike Smith ever give them their part of the blame. If you look, you will see that we had two of the top guys in drops and yet Smith gets all the blame for this? I seem to remember a certain wide out saying once "If it hits your hands, you should catch it". That is the problem I have with you guys, you never look at the cause, you just start screaming excuses, The lack of depth of thought to you guys arguments is why no one really takes you guys opinion seriously. It is a shame because some of you seems to be reasonably intelligent, but bent on an agenda built upon fallacy, and half truth.

I wasn't talking about drops. I wana see the receiver hit in stride more often than not. Accuracy might have a little to do with receivers (timing, etc.) but how come Nate doesnt seem to have a problem with it when hes throwing to a bunch of undrafted guys that just joined the team.

And you cant blame his lack of touch on anyone but him. These are things i have not seen improvement in.
I guess i can get this back on topic. Just read this quote from Sing. Wonder if it has somethin to do with what Alex said

“I think with Alex, it’s just a matter of him continuing to get in a groove with the guys that we have,” coach Mike Singletary said. “Obviously, he would want Crabtree on the field, you’d want Vernon Davis on the field, but they’re not there so you’re not going to sit over there and whine about it. You’re going to go out there and practice and try to get better. There are a lot of things that he can do as a quarterback to get better that have nothing to do with Vernon and Crabtree.”
I guess i can get this back on topic. Just read this quote from Sing. Wonder if it has somethin to do with what Alex said

“I think with Alex, it’s just a matter of him continuing to get in a groove with the guys that we have,” coach Mike Singletary said. “Obviously, he would want Crabtree on the field, you’d want Vernon Davis on the field, but they’re not there so you’re not going to sit over there and whine about it. You’re going to go out there and practice and try to get better. There are a lot of things that he can do as a quarterback to get better that have nothing to do with Vernon and Crabtree.”

The spin doctors were just trying to make something of nothing for yet another chance to question Smith's abilities. The situation is that he made an offhand remark about how he would like to have his best weapons practicing with him, nothing more than that, then Kamikaze or whatever that beat writer's name is decided to add his own spin to it and try to make drama where there isn't any.

The spin doctors were just trying to make something of nothing for yet another chance to question Smith's abilities. The situation is that he made an offhand remark about how he would like to have his best weapons practicing with him, nothing more than that, then Kamikaze or whatever that beat writer's name is decided to add his own spin to it and try to make drama where there isn't any.

i guess as a qb asking your top targets to practice is wrong

Aren't Crabtree and Davis still injured? Or are they milking their injuries?