There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Alex calling out VD and Crabs

• Mex49
Smith, for one, wants to get Davis and Crabtree, presumably his main targets for the season, back in the huddle. When asked Wednesday about having the starters back, Smith said, "We've got to get the work in. If we just think we have these names or we’re going to show up on game day and get it done, that’s crazy, it’s totally crazy."

I personally would be happy to see Smith show some nuts and take ownership. His time is running out fast.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Smith, for one, wants to get Davis and Crabtree, presumably his main targets for the season, back in the huddle. When asked Wednesday about having the starters back, Smith said, "We've got to get the work in. If we just think we have these names or we’re going to show up on game day and get it done, that’s crazy, it’s totally crazy."

I personally would be happy to see Smith show some nuts and take ownership. His time is running out fast.

come on dawg... hes right how they supposed to get chemistry if the first time they all work together in games in in the season
I personally would just like him to start playing better instead acting like he's growing a pair.

[ Edited by BETTERDAYZ9ERS on Aug 19, 2010 at 15:33:08 ]
Hopefully.

Deserved or not, having a QB that demands accountability from himself and others is never a bad thing. Complain about Smith's play all you want. But the dude trains as hard as anybody on this team.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by fan49:

come on dawg... hes right how they supposed to get chemistry if the first time they all work together in games in in the season

I'm happy to see it, just wondering if he thinks they are nursing it
no

What language is he speaking?!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Smith calling out VD and Crabs.

That's like Rosie O'Donnell calling out Giselle Bundchen at a fashion show.
Originally posted by Shaj:

its a good thing he aint calling them out

Well they didn't put up their number by themselves.

Now, now Shaj. Let's not upset the natives.

It sounds like a quarterback wanting his best receivers out there so the team is ready to play, I know that might be hard for you to wrap your narrow mind around, but please try.

hee-haw-hee-haw

yeah because Vernon accomplished so much before Alex started throwing him the ball. and Crab who never participated in a NFL offseason before this year definitely doesn't need practice.
Wait maybe I'm wrong here but wasn't one of the biggest gripes against Smith was his leadership, assertiveness, taking ownership, etc?

Now when he starts doing those things it's "Well what right does he have to do that?"

Man the Alex Smith hate is just as pathetic as the Alex Smith excuses.....
I don't think Alex has ever really had any command of this team. With his personality, only superior play would have gained him a General role. So he has 2 strikes against him. He has never really played lights out, and is pretty passive.

And I totally agree with his comments, but when the public gets to hear comments like that, it means he is losing his team even more, not gaining them.