LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 173 users in the forums

Josh Morgan... A household name by year's end?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IHateNegativity:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by TitsMcgee:
He's ok but nothing special.

Great farging analysis. Is that how you got to 15,000 posts Mr Veteran? Posts like these?

Look here noob your not gonna last around here by calling out people like that, and also calling people names.

LOL

He called me an ass clown in another thread. Thats just not cool, their is no need for it.

Actually, there is a need for it. Negativity is one thing, but negativity without reason or logic is unacceptable. If you don't think Morgan is anything special, tell us why, don't just make blatant concern troll posts to get optimistic fans riled up.

Morgan's average, but nothing spectacular
Calm down!!!! Everyone here jumps the gun, he's (Morgan) is gonna have to step it up or off to seattle lol.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Morgan? Really? I'm not convinced Willis is a household name across the NFL landscape, simply because I just don't give the "average NFL fan" that much credit for being knowledgeable.

Take your average stupid person- then realize HALF of them are stupider!

I want to frame this quote and put it on my wall

It hangs on the wall... in my mind.

Seriously doubt it.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Seriously doubt it.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
ummmm only if he starts playing RB. Otherwise, he will continue to be an unknown as long as Raye runs the offense.

I know him as the guy Raye likes to use as a blocker on that stupid run play where Morgan motions behind the oline before the snap.
if alex can get him the damn ball........

jk
on foxsports they have goldson as a possible breakout player http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/NFL-breakout-players-for-every-team-2010-preseason#sport=NFL&photo=11724886
I don't know how much room there is on the Niners for another household name on the receiver squad. Having said that, I believe there is a chance that Ginn may be attracting the attention not Morgan. We'll see.
After a pretty darn good rookie season posting 20 catches 319yds 3tds, 16.0 avg/catch and making the highlights of the 2008 season more then a few times, Morgan had a drop off IMO last season. Although he was a starter, Morgan only had 52 catches for 527 yds and 3tds, a 10.1 avg/catch. Even if you are a number 2, to be a household name, you have to turn those low catches into high yards and have a high td% The elite receivers usually average a td atleast every 10rec. We've had mixed signals from Morgan thus far, year 3 is where we should get a consistent read..

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Like someone said, Morgan is an average reciever with good blocking skills. We'll be looking for a #2 reciever in the draft next year you'll see.
it could happen, theres a lot of other people to account for now and morgan is pretty fast for a big receiver.
I really like Morgan. I believe you're getting good value from him. A house hold name??? No. But the kid has heart and I hope Singletary can get just a little more from him. We have enough weapons around Smith especially now with Westbrook so he doesn't have to be most productive guy on offense.

I have my doubts as to seeing Josh Morgan becoming a household name by years end but I expect to see more yards with the extra attention that Crabtree and Davis will get.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 19, 2010 at 18:37:40 ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
lol at Josh Morgan being a household name
Share 49ersWebzone