There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Jones RELEASED

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
I think that if I was Jason Hill I'd be worried also.

exactly

Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziegler

What has Williams and Ziegler shown that makes Hill's job in jeopordy? Hill contibuted in the regular season and made some plays Williams is a rookie and Ziegler has been on the practice squad the past few years. I still think Hill is firmly entrenched as the #4 receiver. The battle is between ziegler and williams imo. IF Ziegler doesn't take the next step this year then he will probably get released. I don't think he is eligible for the practice squad again although I could be wrong.

Williams is gonna be the Punt returner and has been very good in practices. Ziegler has also impressed in training camp and well Jason Hill drops passes and is always hurt

I understand Williams is gonna be a punt returner but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be above Hill in the receiving order. Ziegler has always been a pre season wonder but I haven't seen him perform that well in games. Its possible it could go down like you say but I haven't seen or heard anything that makes me think hill will be cut so far. Some players are not practice players but come game time they perform. Others shine in practice but when its game time don't show up. Gilmore and PJ fleck come to mind right away about the latter. I want Hill to succeed because he was a 3rd rounder and is a SF local but if Ziegler shows he can bring more to the team in games than more power to him. either way we definitely need another receiver either through the draft or free agency next year.
Thanks for NOTHING BJ!
somebody say "BJ?"
So what's everyone's thoughts... Hill or Zeigler or Both (6 WRs)?

I'd start a poll but I will wait until after the 4th pre season game because it's too early. Looks like Brian Da La Puenta edged out Chris Patrick at guard. Can the guy still be a practice squad member? He was on ours before KC signed him to their roster.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I'd start a poll but I will wait until after the 4th pre season game because it's too early. Looks like Brian Da La Puenta edged out Chris Patrick at guard. Can the guy still be a practice squad member? He was on ours before KC signed him to their roster.

tough call. I'd keep both just because I believe Hill can be pretty good if given the chance.
You know what...I'm HYPE
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

Am I weird for being strangely attracted to this woman?
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by teeohh:

he looks like the guy from Enter the Dragon

Kharim Abdul Jabbar?

Your MAN CARD has been revoked!!!

Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Who does that leave us at WR?

I think Crabs, Morgan, Ginn, Hill, Zeigler, and Williams will stick

cosigned.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
YAY now I can release him in madden.

Update your roster.

You update yours.

You first.

Make me.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

tough call. I'd keep both just because I believe Hill can be pretty good if given the chance.

Neither has been that productive. Zeigler has had a chance to make the team since 07. I'm really up in the air with this one. Hill seems to produce when given the chance but when does that happen? Zeigler seems to be the over achiever who might not have as much potential but I think the coaches will give him more chances. I don't want to keep both and having 6 WRs if it means cutting someone like Boone, Briggs, Bruce Davis, Reggie Smith, etc that could have more potential in the long run. Personally, I think we keep 5.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Neither has been that productive. Zeigler has had a chance to make the team since 07. I'm really up in the air with this one. Hill seems to produce when given the chance but when does that happen? Zeigler seems to be the over achiever who might not have as much potential but I think the coaches will give him more chances. I don't want to keep both and having 6 WRs if it means cutting someone like Boone, Briggs, Bruce Davis, Reggie Smith, etc that could have more potential in the long run. Personally, I think we keep 5.

Briggs and Smith will not be cut IMO...and Boone is getting close to being a lock as well.
Good job this year of getting rid of the dead weight from the roster.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
That was a wasted experimented. He was pretty much a Jonas Jennings replica

WTF? Jonas Jennings actually played (very well when he was healthy/on the field, especially 2006).
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Hill
K Williams
Cruz (hopefully the Giants cut him, cross your figures.)

Hill >>>> Ziegler