There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Jones RELEASED

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by teeohh:

he looks like the guy from Enter the Dragon

Kharim Abdul Jabbar?

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
YAY now I can release him in madden.

Update your roster.

You update yours.
I hate when your team is like "were going to sign this guy", and you know its a horrible decision, and then they do it anyways, and give him way too much money. we all KNEW from the beginning that Jones sucked and wasnt worth 16 mil. anyone who knew anything about football knew this. you could see it coming from a mile away, but they still did it.

and now he gets released, having been a total waste of time and money, and I think......now if I knew that was a stupid move before it happened, WHY ON EARTH didnt the 49ers front office know this...

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
YAY now I can release him in madden.

Update your roster.

You update yours.

You first.
I'm surprised they kept him around this long. He was a liability last year.
Well he was hurt a lot last year so I assume they wanted to hold on for as long as possible to see if he could turn it around.


Total stats are 1 Rec 18 yards, 9 punt returns 26 yards and a fumble that cost us a game

Contract was for 5 year 16.5 million with 5.4 guaranteed.


How much do we save for the next 4 years and how much is dead money?
Where's that AB guy when you need him?

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 18, 2010 at 15:06:39 ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
I hate when your team is like "were going to sign this guy", and you know its a horrible decision, and then they do it anyways, and give him way too much money. we all KNEW from the beginning that Jones sucked and wasnt worth 16 mil. anyone who knew anything about football knew this. you could see it coming from a mile away, but they still did it.

and now he gets released, having been a total waste of time and money, and I think......now if I knew that was a stupid move before it happened, WHY ON EARTH didnt the 49ers front office know this...


you cant predict injuries, who knows what he could have done if he stayed healthy and we signed him before we drafted crabtree so it was a need at the time.


Oh well what can you do, the good thing is we finally have some depth at WR to allow for such a move
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,321
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Who does that leave us at WR?

A bunch of guys that are better than Brandon Jones.


Ah yes....now I remember...thank you
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
YAY now I can release him in madden.

Update your roster.

You update yours.

You first.

i can't wait to see how this turns out!
Glad to see him go.

Now, the last roster spot is either Ziggy's or Hill's.

Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Williams

Then, IMO, it's Ziggy who has more to offer in ST as a returner which may just put him above Hill. If we keep six, it's a moot point as both will make it.

My how we have improved our WR squad from just a year ago! Nice!

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Contract was for 5 year 16.5 million with 5.4 guaranteed.


How much do we save for the next 4 years and how much is dead money?
Where's that AB guy when you need him?

jerkin off
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
YAY now I can release him in madden.

Update your roster.


HAHA, that's wat im about to do.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Contract was for 5 year 16.5 million with 5.4 guaranteed.


How much do we save for the next 4 years and how much is dead money?
Where's that AB guy when you need him?

jerkin off

well, we're ALL jerkin' off, but the rest of us can multi-task
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Contract was for 5 year 16.5 million with 5.4 guaranteed.


How much do we save for the next 4 years and how much is dead money?
Where's that AB guy when you need him?

jerkin off

well, we're ALL jerkin' off, but the rest of us can multi-task

"Don't tel me, Show me."

wait....

- 98
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
I think that if I was Jason Hill I'd be worried also.

exactly


Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziegler


What has Williams and Ziegler shown that makes Hill's job in jeopordy? Hill contibuted in the regular season and made some plays Williams is a rookie and Ziegler has been on the practice squad the past few years. I still think Hill is firmly entrenched as the #4 receiver. The battle is between ziegler and williams imo. IF Ziegler doesn't take the next step this year then he will probably get released. I don't think he is eligible for the practice squad again although I could be wrong.