LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

How many wins does the addition of Westbrook bring?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many wins does the addition of Westbrook bring?

I would say if Gore goes down this helps us not lose
i dont think just him adds any wins, but i think he adds some 3rd down conversions and not alot if any drop off when gore comes out. they cant just ignore the back when gore comes out like they used to. they will always have to account for the rb so i think it just adds something else for us. mayby a swings a close game our way.
Shades of '72 Dolphins. UNDEFEATED BABY!

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

Originally posted by 49ersswagger:
I DONT BELIEVE ONE PLAYER BRING MORE WINS ITS A TEAM EFFORT ALWAYS BUT THAT BEING SAID IM AM EXCITED ABOUT THE ADDITION OF BRIAN WESTBROOK HE MAY BE BEST RUNNING BACK 49ERS EVER PICKED UP IN FREE AGENCY ALTHOUGH IM STILL A HUGE GARRISON HEARST AND CHARLIE GARNER FAN BRIAN WESTBROOK IS THE EAGLES ALLTIME LEADING RUSHER AND POSSIBLY THE BEST SCREEEN AND PASS CATCHING BACK IN THE NFL HIS EXPLOSIVENESS WILL KILL TIRED DEFENSES AFTER FRANK WEARS THEM DOWN IN CASE U FORGOT WHO WESTBROOK IS HERE IS A REMINDER

CHECK OUT BRIAN WESTBROOK HIGHLIGHT REEL WE GOT A BABY BARRY SANDERS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0-_1126vnI

Good pickup....we can see what he has....the only way I see this as a BAD pickup is if we lose Dixon over it...
how the f**k would i know, im not nostradamus
Dangerous pick up. Coming off of 2 concussions plus the myriad of other injuries this dude's had, I'm gonna say we'll be lucky if this guy makes it out of the pre season.

Tatum Bell's under contract in the UFL so I'm not sure what his exact status is, but he would have been my choice. He ran behind a zone scheme before in Denver, he woulda been a cheaper option and he's a home run hitter. Last time I seen em play he had a serious fumbling problem though.

But you can teach a guy to hang onto the ball; you can't teach em to stop getting concussions. I think we probably just flushed a mil and a half down the toilet but I hope Westbrook proves me wrong. He's still an awesome talent but that's not what's in question.

Even if he's not in the lineup, I think he'll give us the edge against the Eagles this year but beyond that completely depends on him staying healthy.

[ Edited by NatralBrnThrila on Aug 17, 2010 at 19:31:33 ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

It's called sarcasm.

Learn it, live it and love it.

~Ceadder

Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:
Dangerous pick up. Coming off of 2 concussions plus the myriad of other injuries this dude's had, I'm gonna say we'll be lucky if this guy makes it out of the pre season.

Tatum Bell's under contract in the UFL so I'm not sure what his exact status is, but he would have been my choice. He ran behind a zone scheme before in Denver, he woulda been a cheaper option and he's a home run hitter. Last time I seen em play he had a serious fumbling problem though.

But you can teach a guy to hang onto the ball; you can't teach em to stop getting concussions. I think we probably just flushed a mil and a half down the toilet but I hope Westbrook proves me wrong. He's still an awesome talent but that's not what's in question.

Even if he's not in the lineup, I think he'll give us the edge against the Eagles this year but beyond that completely depends on him staying healthy.

We aren't doing that here so I don't see the importance of that. Plus Tatum Bell sucks, he is soft and wouldn't fit in at all with our team. That would be like trading for Brandon Lloyd from the Broncos
I'm looking forward to him busting out a big game against Philadelphia on Sunday Night. The great ones always show up when it's their former team on the other end. We'll beat them good on National TV, and Westbrook will play a big role.
I think the ressure on Alex actually diminishes because of Westbrook. Many of Alex's problems last year was caused by someone else's screwups - penalty, dropped/tipped balls, missed blocks, wrong route, bad play calls. All of these things often put the offense in second or third and long. Westbrook is a proven veteran who will not screw up much. This alone will result in fewer situations where success is difficult.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:

We aren't doing that here so I don't see the importance of that. Plus Tatum Bell sucks, he is soft and wouldn't fit in at all with our team. That would be like trading for Brandon Lloyd from the Broncos

Solari has run zone and man simultaneously, everywhere he's been. As I'm sure every other "zone" team has done. He even had a conference call with the media when he was first hired where he said "you need to be able to run both". Sounds to me like we'll be incorporating both.

If Westbrook wasn't F'd up I would love this move. That's the only reason I bring up Bell. If it's change of pace we're looking for, coupled with success behind a scheme we'll be utilizing this year; then Bell fits the mold. He couldn't hold onto the ball like I said, but that's something you can teach. If Tiki Barber and Ahman Green can learn, so can this guy.

Whatever, it's not important. The move is made and now it's time to get behind the player that we do have.
Share 49ersWebzone