LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

How many wins does the addition of Westbrook bring?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many wins does the addition of Westbrook bring?

Westbrook will win the starting job and have 11 TD 1242 yards. 628 receiving yards...
uh huh... that lady Cleo told me when i called her yesterday.
I had us at 19 before the addition so I'm going to say 0

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 17, 2010 at 10:39:14 ]
BW has had a lot of time to heal. He's only 31 and still has plenty of desire. He's a lot for opposing D's to worry about when he's on the field as is Gore. That's why this is a good signing. Virtually no drop off when Gore leaves the game and Westbrook comes in. Westbrook's receiving and route running skills are a bit better than Gore's and Gore's younger legs give him the edge in running. Westbrook>Coffee by a mile. And then there's Dixon.
I'm not so sure MRob is a lock to make the team. Special teams maven sure, but is that enough?
If he stays healthy -- easily at least 1-2 wins.
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
right now i will say: zero.

but that may change once we actually see him play, see him stay healthy into the season, and make the team.

lol you actually think he won't make the team?????

not if he gets all jelly brained the first time he gets hit in practice

did you just start watching football yesterday??? if you think anyone is going to hit Westbrook (an older, proven vet) full speed in practice - then you are crazy...

not to mention he isn't THAT fragile...

Starting 11 games in two seasons IS fragile, not to mention that concussions happen in practice as well. I would also think that given his part history of concussions, that the chances are he may sustain another concussion in the future.

In my opinion, how much Westbrook contributes is related to his own health and the health of Gore. I predict that he'll make a marginal contribution.

-9fA
I DONT BELIEVE ONE PLAYER BRING MORE WINS ITS A TEAM EFFORT ALWAYS BUT THAT BEING SAID IM AM EXCITED ABOUT THE ADDITION OF BRIAN WESTBROOK HE MAY BE BEST RUNNING BACK 49ERS EVER PICKED UP IN FREE AGENCY ALTHOUGH IM STILL A HUGE GARRISON HEARST AND CHARLIE GARNER FAN BRIAN WESTBROOK IS THE EAGLES ALLTIME LEADING RUSHER AND POSSIBLY THE BEST SCREEEN AND PASS CATCHING BACK IN THE NFL HIS EXPLOSIVENESS WILL KILL TIRED DEFENSES AFTER FRANK WEARS THEM DOWN IN CASE U FORGOT WHO WESTBROOK IS HERE IS A REMINDER

CHECK OUT BRIAN WESTBROOK HIGHLIGHT REEL WE GOT A BABY BARRY SANDERS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0-_1126vnI
Zero come on now he's a back up running back with serious injury concerns
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by valrod33:
zero

to Hero

captain westbrook, he's our hero....gonna increase the win total by-y zero!

Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
zero

to Hero

lol
Not sure if you can quantify his effectiveness as far as wins, but he definatly will have an impact.

3rd and 7...

Split Back...Gore and WB in the backfield...Davis Split right...Crabtree Morgan/Ginn on the outside....

Gives us a lot of choices.

Now only if our Oline can protect and Alex can deliver.

Originally posted by popalpo:
Not sure if you can quantify his effectiveness as far as wins, but he definatly will have an impact.

3rd and 7...

Split Back...Gore and WB in the backfield...Davis Split right...Crabtree Morgan/Ginn on the outside....

Gives us a lot of choices.

Now only if our Oline can protect and Alex can deliver.

So many weapons now, the pressure on Alex to produce is now higher than ever.

...no seriously, Zero
Right now I say between 0 and 1. I say one win because Westbrook won a game for the Eagles by returning a punt for a touchdown so he can go the distance with the right play.
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
zero

to Hero

lol

Someone should photoshop this picture:

they were going to win 11 or 12 anyway...so the answer is none.
Share 49ersWebzone