There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many wins does the addition of Westbrook bring?

How many wins does the addition of Westbrook bring?

This guy still has legs. Nuff said. He can turn a dump off or screen into a first down. We struggled tremendously on 3rd downs. Many games last season, we should have locked up, but didn't and gave opposing offenses that chance to come back. While our defense was ready for the challenge in alot of those games, i.e. the Bears game and the pick in the end zone, there were some games where we lost just because we absolutely could not get the 1st down. B West gives us great opportunities to now get those first downs.

How many games do you think this key addition will bring to the club?
right now i will say: zero.

but that may change once we actually see him play, see him stay healthy into the season, and make the team.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

but that may change once we actually see him play, see him stay healthy into the season, and make the team.

lol you actually think he won't make the team?????
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

not if he gets all jelly brained the first time he gets hit in practice
zero

did you just start watching football yesterday??? if you think anyone is going to hit Westbrook (an older, proven vet) full speed in practice - then you are crazy...

not to mention he isn't THAT fragile...
Originally posted by valrod33:
zero

to Hero
How many wins are we expecting to have this year anyways? 10-11 maybe?

did you just start watching football yesterday??? if you think anyone is going to hit Westbrook (an older, proven vet) full speed in practice - then you are crazy...

not to mention he isn't THAT fragile...

good lord.
Hessian, I feel u though I think he will make the team. The concussion thing IS pretty scary. I remember we used to have a guy on our team that was great, but had concussion issues too... his name escapes me at the moment...

If he does make the team, and stays healthy... i say he gets us those 2 wins that we otherwise may have lost... and gets us into the playoffs...
It hate my self for saying it, but Gore is bound to miss at least one game this season and if we can get a 4.5 per carry that Westbrook had last year if or when Gore is out instead of Coffee's 2.9 that should get us one extra win...

[ Edited by montereyjack415 on Aug 17, 2010 at 09:04:19 ]
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Zero. Westbrook up the middle with 28 men in the box will achieve the same results as Coffee up the middle.
Originally posted by zozell:
Hessian, I feel u though I think he will make the team. The concussion thing IS pretty scary. I remember we used to have a guy on our team that was great, but had concussion issues too... his name escapes me at the moment...

If he does make the team, and stays healthy... i say he gets us those 2 wins that we otherwise may have lost... and gets us into the playoffs...

i think he'll make the team too, but, realistically, this is a mid-August signing and people are acting like this is our first free agent signing of March. I think BW is being brought in to be the #2, for sure, but that doesn't, to me, mean that he's a lock to make the team. We probably won't be able to stash Dixon on the PS, and MRob will certainly make the team on ST (even if the other coaches don't care, I'm sure Schottenheimer will want him, and he will get his pick of several players just for ST). That means we'd have to be willing to carry 4 RBs. Westbrook will have to earn his spot just like anybody else, is all I'm sayin'...

His injury history, and age, is scary, but I do think that if he can hold up this could be an incredibly mutually beneficial set up between him and Gore---given that the offense gets creative enough to use them both.
I am thinking zero. If he hasn't lost anything, than he can replace Gore if he happens to get hurt for a few games. So instead of "adding" westbrook, it would be like we just wouldn't be missing Gore... if that makes any sense...
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home