LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

The signing of Brian Westbrook... LOVE IT or HATE IT?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The signing of Brian Westbrook... LOVE IT or HATE IT?

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't see how he helps us at all. He's mainly a receiver out of the backfield. So with that you need good QB play. And ours is very inconsistent. Plus Gore is the bell cow back so he won't see many touches.

sometimes I think your negativity is actually a clever parody you are pulling on all of us

Which of those points is untrue BTW?

As long as Westbrook is healthy, he obviously helps this team.

Want to do a friendly wager? I bet Westbrook (if he stays healthy) tops 300yrds and 1 TD (Coffee's rookie numbers). Loser can't post in Niner Talk for 1 year.

LOL.

He may get 300 yards. But those aren't big #'s. And I will definitely post in NT in the next year...
I don't see how he helps us at all. He's mainly a receiver out of the backfield. So with that you need good QB play. And ours is very inconsistent. Plus Gore is the bell cow back so he won't see many touches.

sometimes I think your negativity is actually a clever parody you are pulling on all of us

Want to do a friendly wager? I bet Westbrook (if he stays healthy) tops 300yrds and 1 TD (Coffee's rookie numbers). Loser can't post in Niner Talk for 1 year.

LOL.

He may get 300 yards. But those aren't big #'s. And I will definitely post in NT in the next year...

Backing down from your comments? "I don't see how he helps us at all."

If he does more than what Coffee gave us, is this not an improvement?
i hope we don't become a 2 back system like the panthers or miami because i have gore on my fantasy team and need him to do well and not split to many carries ill allow him to take a break every now and then though lol

LOL.

Backing down from your comments? "I don't see how he helps us at all."

If he does more than what Coffee gave us, is this not an improvement?

He's probably better than Coffee. But that's not saying much. He was a very marginal guy who probably shouldn't have been drafted where he was by us.
i love it, but i don't think its as big a deal as some others on here do.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i love it, but i don't think its as big a deal as some others on here do.

this
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by loud3800:
i hope we don't become a 2 back system like the panthers or miami because i have gore on my fantasy team and need him to do well and not split to many carries ill allow him to take a break every now and then though lol

You're concerned with your fantasy team? Okay. Westbrook should definitely be benched so your fantasy team can do well. Go you.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
It's a decent signing. The fact that he was unsigned till now is indication enough of how much he has regressed. He is an injury waiting to happen and I don't see him any more than just an above average back-up IFFFFF he even makes it out of the camp and pre-season without a concussion.
I don't think it hurts us.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I LOVE the Westbrook signing. He's a versitle change of pace back that can even return kicks for us if things get desperate. BW is a great teammate and an unselfish player that will bring leadership to this team.

I compare this signing to the Spikes signing, when he was brought in he was a 30 year old player that had some injuries and would be playing 2nd fiddle to a younger dynamic player in Patrick Willis just as BW will be doing with Frank Gore.

I look for BW to play a nice complementary role in the O, give Gore a much needed break from time to time. I would be very happy if he could come in and be effective carrying the ball 5-10 times/game

I love the comparison to Spikes ...... I feel good already.

His leadership and experience are huge ...... he can do it all.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD YOU NOT.... CAP???? SHUTUP ENJOY THE SHOW!!!

GO NINERZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a great addition to the backfield. This is good for everybody. Dixon can now learn from 2 great backs. Plus I don't really trust Dixon at this early in his career to manage blitz pick-ups/blocking. I think that was one of the knocks on him going into the draft.
I love this move.

The 49ers added a veteran rb that can share the load with Gore, giving them both on opportunity to play a full season. The man is a winner and in terms of production in both the passing & running game there have been few better.
  • Mex49

When westbrook lines up in the backfield, just watch how the D reacts.
I like it. Now if only we had a QB.
Share 49ersWebzone