LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

The signing of Brian Westbrook... LOVE IT or HATE IT?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The signing of Brian Westbrook... LOVE IT or HATE IT?

Since Smith can't throw down field, Westbrook is a great dump-off option.
I have to love this as a backup. I've been hoping for this ever since Coffee retired.
Originally posted by NinerGod:

Cue to the 2:50 mark.
Originally posted by TitsMcgee:

Cue to the 2005 - 2008 football seasons.
For a one year thing? Yeah, I love it.

I don't know if he's a Pro-Bowl caliber runningback anymore, but he's a versatile back with experience. Is he going to carry the ball 20 times a game? Nope... I doubt he'll even carry the ball 5+ times a game. I imagine he'll split the spelling time with Anthony Dixon.

I like having Westbrook better than Coffee, since Coffee has a similar running style to Gore.

haha down field is 35 yards to you...his throw was from the 20 to just past the 45.

[ Edited by THEMerts80 on Aug 16, 2010 at 19:42:01 ]
just like most bridges, I am straight over it. Don't see him as much of a contributor.
I have an idea. How about let's focus on Westbrook, his abilities, and what he brings to the team as our new #2 RB. For f**ks sake, leave Alex Smith out of a thread for once!

Westbrook is good insurance if anything happens to gore. This will keep the ball out of Mrobs hands if gore is injured and I dont hate getting a half and half dose of westbrook and dixon if gore was to miss any time. Great move considering the circumstances
Originally posted by THEMerts80:

haha down field is 35 yards to you...his throw was from the 20 to just past the 45.

How many throws are longer than 35 yards? Not many, and the few that do happen, have a pretty low percentage of being completed regardless of the Qb.

Everyone thinks than a downfield passing game is just bomb it down the field 80 yards. No it's not, it's a 15-25 yard route selection most of the time. To throw a ball 35 yards down field and hit the guy in stride is impressive, no matter which way you spin it. Just another hater spinning sh!t.

ALMOST like how the Jets brought in LT...

I like it 100%...Solid veteran that brings leadership, experience, & depth.
The niners needed someone who can pick up the blitz and catch out of the backfield.....There was no one better

Love it.
love it , if Gore gets hurt like last year for about 2-3 weeks we have an option !
Love it. I love the incentives-loaded contract as well.

Share 49ersWebzone